Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Default Husqvarna 7MM Mag

playing cards at an older friends place tonight, and asked where his gun cabinet went, after some chatting I looked over his collection quickly he had the usual brit 303's, 12 gauage goose gun, 22's, and sitting half hidden was a nice looking Husqvarna 7mm mag.

I am interested in purchasing this rifle from him, what do I need to know so he gets a fair price for his rifle: model/year/serial number/etc all of that, or are they in a ballpark range?

The gentleman is in his 60's I imagine the rifle was purchased in the 60's or 70's.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Assuming he's selling it, you need to get a better description of the model, and condition. Is it the older mauser cf you are suggesting, or is it the later push feed models which I feel go for more money? Check the bore, check the rear of the tang to insure it isn't cracked. It's likely worth $500 plus or minus a couple hundred depending on condition, with a mint pushfeed going upwards of $1,000.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 AM

If it's from the 1600 series it could be worth from $450 to 700 depending on model. A 1900 series would be in the $600-800 range. This is assuming very good or better condition.