Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Default buying a firearm online. please help.

I am looking to buy a firearm (semi auto rifle) from a member here. We live far from each other so the rifle would have to be shipped. I am just wondering how one goes about transferring the firearm and registration? This is my first time buying a gun, but I have heard that if you buy a gun at a store, they automatically register it for you. I could be wrong though. Please help me if you can. thank you.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM

You settle the money part. Then you each call the registry
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 PM

Hi.

Easy process. The seller will ask for you name and PAL number and then start the transfer process. You could start it, but it is easier to allow the seller to start it (at least, I think so). The seller will get a reference number from the CFC and give it to you. Then you call the same folks (at 1-800-731-4000), quote the reference number, answer their questions and you are done. Or, call them together on a conference call and do it in one call. Takes maybe 15 minutes for the two calls. My lasy buying call lasted maybe a minute including saying hi. I find the folks very helpful and efficient.

Greg
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM

thanks guys for your help! You make it sound eally easy, so I hope it is in reality for someone getting their 1st gun.