Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Default Interesting technology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38

...the person who sent me this is an IT manager for the provincial government and assures me this technology exists and everything you see is real.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 AM

my understanding is that the technology exsists, but the 'imagined' applications are just that. No doubt they are fully concieved, but without the platforms, aren't a reality.

I've had the pleasure of sitting in on a technical presentation last year where several retail systems where demo'd, in thier conceptual form. Pleased to see the rather immature systems of today are poised to be replaced. One must consider the motivations to implement such devices. Certainly the prime objective of consumer channels piped directly to the activity that stimulates the 'need' is desirable, but the bulk of North Americans needs can be found, cost effectively, at the till.

I you step back and view the advert as a whole, you see the simple formula of 'good life', brought to you by Corning. It's true, because it appeals to your desires of 'good life'.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Time to invest in Windex...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Can you just imagine the disasters involved in getting all this stuff to work? I mean really work flawlessly everytime, all the time. We can't keep tv on the air or computers working, and we have been at that technology for generations.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Wow I am not sure what it is but I find that disturbing.My kids would embrace it and that is okay but watching that gives me the urge to "head 4 zee hills" and never come back.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Noel View Post
That's the first thing I thought.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM

I guess if you are of the type that can't put their smartphone down for a millisecond, it looks great. Personally,my thoughts are there is already too much communication technology in our lives. I don't want to be watching TV or a computer screen while i'm on the crapper or brushing my teeth in the morning.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Noel View Post
I thought the same as well. The next wave of technology is Touchless. same idea but you don't have to touch anything; just a hand or finger gesture. I beleive this will save on the windex!