Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2024, 08:51 PM

Default Free photo editing software

Is there any decent free photo editing software out there? Just looking for something basic as I don't shoot enough anymore to be able to justify paying monthly fees to edit the 15-20 photo's I may want to in a year. I used to have a very old version of photoshop but have gotten rid of that computer and my new one does not have a CD so I could put it on.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:10 PM

GIMP. https://www.gimp.org/

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:16 PM

I was in the same boat with Photoshop when I upgraded my computer last time. I could no longer justify the tariff for the high end programme. I’ve been using Paint.net for several years now, and it does the trick for me. Almost as flexible as PS, but it’s a free download, not “buggy”. You can get it from the MS Store for a small fee, or download directly.

I did make a couple of small voluntary donations to support the programmer, but have a look first before you commit to anything.

https://www.getpaint.net/download.html

LLC
Old 05-15-2024, 08:29 AM

Semi-retired but still do websites and book covers etc. I dropped that high-priced Photoshop for Gimp. Works great.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations