Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default FM reception booster for Holiday trailer

I'm looking for a quality FM reception booster or amplifier for my holiday trailer. I've looked around a bit and just can't seem to find exactly what it is I'm looking for and the ones I have found have very mixed reviews. I can pick up my favorite station CKUA to the range that ends at the eastern slopes but it would be nice if I could get a signal right in the mountains. Has anyone installed an amplifier in their trailers with good results ?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 AM

https://www.ccrane.com
Old 06-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned

Thanks roughneck I found a good 52" antenna on that web sight. Before I buy it though I'm wondering if a guy could hook up the UHF/ VHF antenna that's already mounted on top directly to the stereo using a spade connector. I'll never instal a satellite and it's useless other wise. I would assume I could pick up FM with it ? I'm not familiar with how it all works exactly but if I can make use of it for what I want it for that seems like a possible root to take
Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM

If you are trying to get a signal that has to go through mountains you won't have very much luck with any antenna unless you climb up the mountain.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Banned

Anything has got to be better than what's on it right now. I can pick up CKUA with my truck at Abraham lake and it's not crystal clear but it comes in, not so with my trailer. I can also pick up the weather band from the Saskatchewan river crossing with my trailer but I assume it's because there's a tower on limestone mountain.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Anything has got to be better than what's on it right now. I can pick up CKUA with my truck at Abraham lake and it's not crystal clear but it comes in, not so with my trailer. I can also pick up the weather band from the Saskatchewan river crossing with my trailer but I assume it's because there's a tower on limestone mountain.
A booster should work then. I would try the UHF/VHF antenna, I used the one on my house for FM radio.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:32 PM

Consider sat radio??