Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-06-2014, 05:51 AM

Default Alberta Relm & Online Licensing

Here are a few pointers I learned on Friday when I was trying to purchase a licence. These are the things I had to do in order to renew licence ect.

: Once on the site go to Update Profile.
: Then scroll down to the (Hunter Eligibility) questions.
: I have had a hunting licence for many years and I have taken the Hunter Education course and these are the steps that worked for me in order to be able to purchase a Licence.

Question 1:
I certify that I am not currently under a licence suspension in Alberta or elsewhere that prohibits me from obtaining or holding a recreational hunting licence. ** Click Yes **

Question 2:
I certify that I have previously held a licence authorizing recreational hunting in Alberta or elsewhere. ** Click Yes **

Question 3:
I certify that I have successfully completed a Hunter Education Course in Alberta (or elsewhere). If you completed a hunter education course in Alberta, you are required to enter the Hunter Certification Number provided to you by the Alberta Hunter Education Instructor's Association. Click the box that says ** (Please Select) **

Question 4:
Hunter Education ID ** Leave this box blank ** This is if you do not know your number like myself and have had a hunting licence before.

Question 5:
I certify that I am a Non-resident or Non-resident Alien and I will be hunting while accompanied by a licensed Guide or Hunter Host. Click the box that says ** (Please Select)**

This is what worked for me. I am guessing there will be many hunters that have taken the Hunters Education course before but do not know the number cause it was many many years ago. I guess this means we are getting Old.

I called back (780) 427-5185, to confirm my changes and I was told I was good to go. I purchased my Wildlife Certificate as well as my Resident Bowhunting Permit with no problems after.

*** These box's clicked for these question's ^^ were the ones I was told by them to enter in order to purchase my licence's. ***
Old 04-06-2014, 06:14 AM

Thanks for the good info, however, I still don't see my draw priorities...

GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish . . . and he’ll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:17 AM

I re did my ID yesterday, didn't have to do nearly as many steps as you did.
But I stopped at registering and confirming my profile. I didn't buy any license.
Maybe these hunter Ed questions will pop up when I buy a license ?
All my old profile info came up, I even used my same password.
But no priority history info, I guess this info will show shortly.

TBark
Old 04-06-2014, 06:24 AM

For the people that either didn't receive their e-mail, or that never bothered to read it.

Quote:
If you are having difficulty viewing this email properly, please click here:
http://www.mailoutinteractive.com/In...4830&qz=cf0e80

Message from Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development

Important Information
ReLM 2 launches this month
After 16 years with the same sportfishing and hunting licensing system, the first phase of transition to a new system, ReLM 2, will begin on March 16, 2014. Provided by ACTIVE Network, the system will offer new and enhanced features as well as a new look and feel.

ACTIVE Network is a leading provider of activity and participant management solutions. It currently delivers fisheries and wildlife licensing services in over 23 jurisdictions across North America, including Saskatchewan and Ontario.

The new system is designed for convenience and ease of use, so we expect the transition to be straightforward. However, all licensing services between March 13 and March 16 (inclusive) will be unavailable as we transfer to the new system.

If you have previously purchased a licence online, you will need to re-register your WIN and password.

Key events
March 13
At 12:00 a.m. (midnight March 12), AlbertaReLM goes offline to begin changeover to new system

March 13–15 (inclusive)
No licensing sales available

March 15, 5:00 p.m.
Help desk reopens – number remains as 1-888-944-5494

March 17, 9:00 a.m.
The ReLM 2 licensing system and AlbertaReLM (website) go live

April 8–May 1
Special walleye draw applications may be purchased online at www.albertarelm.com or at an Issuer for $3.04 (plus GST)

May 9, 2014–
March 6, 2015
Special walleye licences available for purchase online at www.albertarelm.com. Paper tags and wires available at local district offices

What will not change
You can purchase WIN Cards and licences and apply for draws online through www.albertarelm.com or at an Issuer
The help desk number for all inquiries (including draw question inquiries) remains as
1-888-944-5494
Help desk hours are seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to midnight (mountain time)
WIN Card holders can either go online or visit an Issuer to purchase all fishing and hunting licences
No new fees will be charged
What will change
Interactive voice response (1–900) phone sales will be discontinued
AlbertaReLM, as a self-service e-commerce solution, will offer multiple licence purchases and shopping cart features
The new system is flexible and will make it easy to add new services relating to the management and allocation of Alberta’s fisheries and wildlife resources
Hunters and anglers will have new, robust harvest survey tools, enabling the collection of harvest and effort information
The tag colour will change from yellow to BRIGHT GREEN. Yellow tags are no longer valid – please destroy any left over from past seasons. For licences purchased online that require tags, they can be picked up at local district offices
Hunters who have submitted heads for chronic waste disease testing and require results should call:
In Edmonton: 780-638-3578
Toll free in Alberta: 310-0000 + office area code + telephone number
Cellular:
Roger's Wireless: *310 + office's area code + telephone number
Bell and Telus: #310 + office's area code + telephone number
Transition phases – highlights
For the 2014/15 season, specific licensing and services will progressively come online to meet seasonal demand. Complete hunter and angler information and purchase history will not be available until the end of Phase 4.

Phase 1 – March 16, 2014

Sportfishing licences, WIN Card purchases, spring bear, turkey, wolf and all associated licences and certificates will be available for purchase
WIN profiles with name, address, email, ID and phone number will be available
Phase 2 – starting mid-April 2014

Current draw priority information available
May – licence history available for 2012 and 2013
All draw applications available
Phase 3 – July/August 2014

Disease (chronic wasting disease) and Game Harvest Survey functionality released
Phase 4 – Fall 2014

Access to all licence purchase history information will be available
Frequently asked questions
When can I start using the new system?

A. You can begin using the new system on March 16, 2014.

How will tags be printed?

A. Tags will be essentially be the same as current online tags – on rolls and numbered, with adhesive and instructions to affix printed on the reverse. Preprinted tags will be provided at no cost. In 2014, tags will change from yellow to BRIGHT GREEN. You must complete the required areas on the tag.

Is there a support or help desk number I can call if I need assistance?

A. Yes, the same number used for support in the past will continue to be used: 1-888-944-5494.

Will I still be able to purchase online?

A. Yes, purchases are available both online and at Issuer locations.

Do I still need a WIN Card?

A. Yes, the WIN Card will remain a requirement of the licensing system for licence purchases.

Is the WIN Card changing?

A. No, the current WIN Card, with a 10-digit number, remains the same.

Once a new WIN Card or a renewal is applied for, how long does delivery take?

A. Expect delivery within approximately 20 days of ordering.

Links
https://www.albertarelm.com

http://mywildalberta.com

Other resources
Alberta Hunting Regulations publication

Alberta Sportfishing Regulations publication

Send this to a friend | Unsubscribe

srd.alberta.ca
Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
Fish and Wildlife
9920-108 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2M4

This email was created and delivered using Industry Mailout

Old 04-06-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post

This is what worked for me. I am guessing there will be many hunters that have taken the Hunters Education course before but do not know the number cause it was many many years ago. I guess this means we are getting Old.
Actually, you don't know the number because you never had one.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 AM

I updates everything but still don't see my draw priorities. I will give them a call Monday. I hate to say it but I don't trust anyone these days when I comes to not screwing things up. As to answering those questions they way they said was the correct way to answer them indicates a screw up already.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I updates everything but still don't see my draw priorities.
Supposed to be available mid April.

Quote:
Phase 1 – March 16, 2014

Sportfishing licences, WIN Card purchases, spring bear, turkey, wolf and all associated licences and certificates will be available for purchase
WIN profiles with name, address, email, ID and phone number will be available
Phase 2 – starting mid-April 2014

Current draw priority information available

May – licence history available for 2012 and 2013
All draw applications available
Phase 3 – July/August 2014
As for the questions about hunter eligibility, I wonder if they will ask them once the histories are updated, and it is obvious that the person has purchased hunting licenses in Alberta, in the past? It wouldn't make sense to ask if you have held an Alberta hunting license, if the site itself shows that you have.

As for the proof as to having completed a hunter training course, it only applies to first time hunters . If you have held an Alberta hunting license previously, it isn't required. As stated previously, if you have held an Alberta license in the recent past, it should show in your history.

Quote:
Licensing requirements for first-time hunters
A first-time hunter is a hunter who 1) has not previously held a hunting licence in Alberta or elsewhere, or 2) has not prior to April 1, 2010, met Alberta first-time hunter criteria, or 3) has not successfully completed a hunter education course in Alberta or elsewhere.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-06-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 AM

I just logged my sons info and under hunters education # was his win # so I entered his actual hunters ed id# off his card. Looks like it didn't transfer over from the IBM system. I will give them a call Monday just to check if this is all ok. The only thing that has to happen is the priorities to show up and then all will be fine. It will be one hell of a mess if the info goes wrong.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I am not about to single anyone out, but I wonder just how many people will lie about having taken a hunter education course, because they don't realize that if they have held a hunting license previously, they aren't required to have taken a course.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Actually I did take mine in School. I still remember the certificate as I packed it around for years. I believe it had a Big Horn Sheep head in the middle of it. It was in 84 or 85.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Actually I did take mine in School. I still remember the certificate as I packed it around for years. I believe it had a Big Horn Sheep head in the middle of it. It was in 84 or 85.
Never said you didn't take the course or have a certificate - but it did not have a number on it.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Never said you didn't take the course or have a certificate - but it did not have a number on it.
You could be right there as I would not even know If it had a number on it or not.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I have the same card...it just has my name and date of completion on it but no actual number.

LC
Old 04-06-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I have the same card...it just has my name and date of completion on it but no actual number.

LC
That's It. I cant be 100% sure but I believe mine was on a 8" by 11" piece of paper as a certificate as well. Thx lefty
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
That's It. I cant be 100% sure but I believe mine was on a 8" by 11" piece of paper as a certificate as well. Thx lefty
Yah I think I have that somewhere too....blue and red lettering with the rams head seal imprint....things used to be so nice back in the day

LC
Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 PM

I took my hunters ed in Ontario and it wasn't a online setup. Written exam followed by a practical. Lots of guys failed the practical the first time. I remember the little tricks the played like. Saying " quick give me your gun" then if you handed to CO the gun without opening the action ... Fail. Or quick load up your fire arm. Didn't check for obstructions..... Fail.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
I took my hunters ed in Ontario and it wasn't a online setup. Written exam followed by a practical. Lots of guys failed the practical the first time. I remember the little tricks the played like. Saying " quick give me your gun" then if you handed to CO the gun without opening the action ... Fail. Or quick load up your fire arm. Didn't check for obstructions..... Fail.
Those sound like firearms course questions and not hunters ed course...but I am sure each province administered the test and requirements differently.

I actually found out today, in Ontario the firearm and the hunters ed courses are combined?

LC
Old 04-06-2014, 03:33 PM

That was 30 yrs ago. Man I am getting old.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Just bought my 2014 license no problem.

Will just wait for priorities to show up.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:30 PM

Found the whole process pretty easy and painless. Only took about 5mins including buying my fishing license, wildlife certificate and bow permit. Just waiting for my new tags to come in the mail.

S
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcrazy View Post
Found the whole process pretty easy and painless. Only took about 5mins including buying my fishing license, wildlife certificate and bow permit. Just waiting for my new tags to come in the mail.

S
Ditto, just follow the instructions.
Less than a minute to complete.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
Wow.
So your real name is Lefty Canuck?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Wow.
So your real name is Lefty Canuck?
Since I was a wee Lefty

LC
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Default Relm

I tried again to get proper access to my account. This is the fourth time, and each time it has been futile. It seems I do not exist. Each and every time I get the "we will fix it and call you back"
Does any body know where the actual call center is? So far I have spoken with someone from Tennesse, Rosebud, Kentucky, and the last one I am sure it was in India.
Anybody else having issues like this? Its kinda getting ridiculous. I cannot imagine the uproar had this been happening on September 1.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM

If you do what the initial poster says you get a new WIN number which means you lose all your points. I know I did that too and then noted that the WIN # on confirmation page was different than my existing card. You should have same number. I called number and fellow fixed up the second card and walked me thru steps
Go to home page
Top left side click purchase a licence
next screen top left click to look up my info
next screen click yes I have had previous fishing or hunting lic
next put in WIN number and birth date
Next put in driver licence no dashes commas etc just all numbers
drop down windows for canada and alberta ( they take a few seconds to appear
next page new password and confirm it
Your done
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
If you do what the initial poster says you get a new WIN number which means you lose all your points. I know I did that too and then noted that the WIN # on confirmation page was different than my existing card. You should have same number. I called number and fellow fixed up the second card and walked me thru steps
Go to home page
Top left side click purchase a licence
next screen top left click to look up my info
next screen click yes I have had previous fishing or hunting lic
next put in WIN number and birth date
Next put in driver licence no dashes commas etc just all numbers
drop down windows for canada and alberta ( they take a few seconds to appear
next page new password and confirm it
Your done
I had no problems and was not given a new win card when I did mine. I did it exactly as instructed from Relm and passed on the info. The only thing you are changing is answering the Hunter Eligibility questions.

Did you have to answer these questions when you did it?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 PM

I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 PM

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM

Have other people not had their draw priorities show up or is it just me?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith88 View Post
Have other people not had their draw priorities show up or is it just me?
x2