Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 AM

Default who all got this email

M.P. Cheryl Gallant is requesting your help in collecting signatures for a petition to end bureaucratic excess within the Canadian Firearms Program by calling for an end to provincial firearms offices.

For full details and printable forms, please visit the Canadian Shooting Sports website at http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/201...elease_en.html

All petitions must be hand written and mailed (no postage required) to:

Cheryl Gallant, MP,
RM 604 Justice Bldg., House of Commons,
Ottawa. K1A 0A6

Government rules require your full home address, or the city and province, or the province and postal code as well as your name and signature in order for your vote to count.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 AM

yeah i got it too.

nice summary of what it means ,what will it mean for us though? im not good at the politics/articles things,attention span thing. is this for real ?legit.as in a good thing for us to sign ?

Last edited by wolf308; 03-20-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 AM

Didn't get the email but if the end of the provincial cfo is realized would that not mean we'd have to deal with a so called new Canadian in Ottawa to deal with our gun issues? That wouldn't be good I my books.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Didn't get the email but if the end of the provincial cfo is realized would that not mean we'd have to deal with a so called new Canadian in Ottawa to deal with our gun issues? That wouldn't be good I my books.
Our current CFO is from Ontario anyway.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Interesting, the MP for Renfrew-Ni****ing and Pembroke has the addresses of firearms owners across Canada?
Or is there some other connection... a club or organization?

Hmmm... makes you wonder.

To be honest folks.... much as I might agree with the petition... I'd be a bit miffed if that showed up in my mail box unsolicited.

That information shouldn't be available to anyone without a darn good reason... it wasn't gathered so that politicians could use the roster to drum up support.... no matter how worthy the cause.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM

I got it as well . I am hesitant to put my name on it because to me it's just another gun owner list
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
I got it as well . I am hesitant to put my name on it because to me it's just another gun owner list
That and perhaps another example of how well guarded our information is...... NOT.
If that list is from government sources.... the difference between her accessing the info and those reporters accessing the info in the LGR is minimal at best and needs to be addressed.

We aren't required to have licenses so that we can be more easily solicited or targeted by people with agendas... regardless of how well intentioned they may be.

If not... then I'd be taking it up with whatever organization released that information on my behalf without my express permission.

I don't like having my personal information bandied about.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 AM

the problem with the petition is that they don't suggest an alternative to CFO's

if the alternative is allowing local RCMP to handle firearm issues(like it was before) i would support it.

if it means more government red tape under a new name, i'll pass.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
We are all on several lists of gunowners. What difference does it make if we are on another one. if it sends a hint to our employees that the bosses are PO'd and are starting to organize and make changes to their little empires, what can it hurt? We need to stand up and tell these morons how it is going to be, we run the country, not the MPs, not the RCMP, and sure as hell not the CFOs.

It amazes me how gun owners will sit around crying about gun laws etc, but when asked to simply sign a piece of paper and send it in that is a thing worse than putting up with the CFOs BS. We deserve the crap we get, seems we like have dog crap on our shoes. Gives us something to cry about.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM

It's a CSSA petition. Look on their website, and educate yourselves.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/201...elease_en.html

You really think some bureaucrat is going to type all these hand-written names into some database? Tinfoil hat time? Cheryl Gallant is on our side, as is the CSSA. Change can be good, don't be timid.

Find a copy and sign it. Most gunstores should have it. Or print your own copy and mail it. For free.

Eric
Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM

I guess I'm to new of CSSA, didn't get the email, but once home ill print it off, and send mine and a few other folks names in, I'm thinking this petition will be going great guns at up coming gunshows too.

Support from a MP is fantastic, to me it sounds as if the CFO's are almost done, with a decent result from this petition, they will then justify sticking a fork in them.

There are no absolutes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM

we cant keep being like, mice. squeaking
we have to Roar like a lion.....
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
That and perhaps another example of how well guarded our information is...... NOT.
If that list is from government sources.... the difference between her accessing the info and those reporters accessing the info in the LGR is minimal at best and needs to be addressed.

We aren't required to have licenses so that we can be more easily solicited or targeted by people with agendas... regardless of how well intentioned they may be.

If not... then I'd be taking it up with whatever organization released that information on my behalf without my express permission.

I don't like having my personal information bandied about.

I got it from her office too, but that was because I signed up for her emailing list. Personally I don't try to hide the fact that I have firearms from anyone, in fact im proud of it.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM

I am also proud of the fact I own firearms but I don't broadcast it
Old 03-20-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Interesting, the MP for Renfrew-Ni****ing and Pembroke has the addresses of firearms owners across Canada?
Or is there some other connection... a club or organization?

Hmmm... makes you wonder.

To be honest folks.... much as I might agree with the petition... I'd be a bit miffed if that showed up in my mail box unsolicited.

That information shouldn't be available to anyone without a darn good reason... it wasn't gathered so that politicians could use the roster to drum up support.... no matter how worthy the cause.
the web site firearms Canada.com
its another gun sight and when you sign up you use yer email address that's where it came from
Old 03-20-2013, 06:46 PM

Cheryl Gallant got elected in a solid liberal riding back in the day for her stand for gun owners. The large hunting and military population got together and got her in. She still remembers why she is there and is definitely on our side.

As for why you got the letter, well in this day and age it could be from any club forum or organization you belong to or perhaps it's from when you signed other pro gun owner petition.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I got it from her office too, but that was because I signed up for her emailing list. Personally I don't try to hide the fact that I have firearms from anyone, in fact im proud of it.
Thats your choice.... you asked for it.

My only concern is whether or not people who didn't ask for it are being contacted.

Some people... and I'm one of them don't agree to be solicited by people just because I joined an organization.
Its my name, and my bussiness... I don't like it being bandied about by third parties without my permission.

No biggie... I never got ythe letter and I'm not allowed by law to sign a petition anyway.
If I could... I would... but on my own terms.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Didn't get one.

I agree with pesky: while it's a decent cause, who gave them your addresses?

It'd be interesting to list the organizations like ranges and fire arm associations and see if there's a common denominator.

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.