Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Default Sig Sauer P226 E2

I am in Calgary and looking to handle and shoot a Sig P226 E2 in 9mm with aim being to purchase one if it feels good. I do not have big hands and I find the standard Sig grip a little bulky. Any suggestions on how I can try one and ultimately purchase one without waiting 6 months. ND
Old 04-09-2011, 06:12 PM

get one of their carry models?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 PM

The Shooting Edge has some Sig P226; but you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere in Canada that you can shoot a new gun before purchase. They're not like test driving cars. The closest you can do is to either fire one of their range P226's for a feel, then decide on the purchase. You'd be very luck to find a person with the gun you want that would let you try it out. Therein being the trouble with restricted firearms, you can only shoot them at a range approved for them. I wish we had ranges/stores that could have such a set-up, though such a format would surely add additional costs.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 AM

I shot the SS P226 two weeks ago and The Shooting Edge - was around $60 to shoot it with 50 rounds. Was a nice shooter, tight grouping, Wife shot a few rounds, she liked it, but not as much as the Browning HP 9mm she was shooting.

Like it was stated...I would go to the range and try a few out there!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM

Made the decision to order a "new Standard" P226 in 9mm with a .22LR Conversion kit from Questar. I had wanted to purchase locally at Pro-Line 'cause Barry and Chuck are very helpful, knowledgeable and Local! Unfortunately the Sig rep would not commit a delivery date on the back-order so I ended up purchasing on-line. Just received notice yesterday from Questar that the shipment was put back into stock and a new 226 is now waiting for transfer approval from the CFO. The original P226 that Questar was going to send ended up not have the E2 grips (which is now standard). Hopefully I get my package next week.