Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunger View Post
He even threatened to report me to APEGGA for unethical behavior.
Didn't know "Motor Vehicle Sales" was included in APEGGA's Guideline for Ethical Practice.

Some peoples kids, eh?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:19 PM

I can't believe this guy. Your warranty on a used sled is 50/50. The first 50 feet or first 50 seconds. Some people I just shake my head at.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 PM

The worst purchase you can make is a two stroke anything. No matter what, the onus is on the buyer to make an informed purchase. That's the bottom line. If you're not sure, walk away. Failing that, bring someone along that knows what to look for.
I'm sure there is no warranty on new dirt bikes right off the dealers floor. That might have changed, so I could be wrong, have been before. Same thing though, buy it new drive the snot out of it, blow it up and bring it back, they'll laugh at you, then tell you to beat it.
Buyer beware!
Tullfan
P.s.
If anyone is thinking of buying something used in Calgary and would like a hand, let me know I'll come have a look with you. Cost you a coffee.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
As is, where is, buyer beware.
x2 And I mark right on the bill of sale in the remarks column "Sold as is". For the most part I don't like to sell mechanical items that could possibly break to friends.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 AM

I bought a 1992 Polaris Indy Lite 340 off a guy at work. sled is in great shape runs well perfect for ice fishing. Paid a grand for it & if it blows up
I move on, used is used you takes your chances.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:53 AM

Default As is For sure

I have bought my share of lemons over the years and well that just what it is! I feel sorry for the buyer BUT, if he wanted a new sled there about $12,000.00 anywhere anytime, he got what he paid for and is asking for to much from the seller, I wouldn't give him a penny and in the future don't sell stuff to Friends and co-workers.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM

Friends and family plan, don't do it. I once sold a used station wagon to a group of 8 soldiers, told them every little thing that was wrong with it they had it inspected and told me how impressed they were with my honesty as the only things picked up I had told them about. 4 mo. later they show up at my place of work, the tranny's gone, can I do something for them? I was flabbergast, 8 different drivers and it comes back to me? After I explained my view, and I was nice, they said that maybe they could see where I was coming from and left it at that.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM

Sure....it's buyer beware.
You can understand that the guy would be wondering if he was took on the deal. Who wouldn't?
To turn this around, if I were the hoser on the buying end I would probably comment to the seller that I may have been hosed. Because we don't know the whole story here....there is a strong possibility the seller had some inside information....no?
Saying that....I would leave it at that. I wouldn't ask or expect to get my money back.
But we are talking a 94 sled here, not a 09 REV.
The buyer expecting anything different outta 94 sled with umpteen miles on it shows some lack of being in touch with reality.