Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2024, 04:08 PM

Default The RCMP has lost 205 firearms since 2020, including 3 submachine-guns

Good grief no word how many have showed up in crimes

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police has lost 205 firearms since 2020, including more than 120 handguns and at least five fully automatic weapons like machine-guns.

The data, which was obtained through an access to information request, also shows that nearly a dozen RCMP firearms have gone missing so far this year.

In total, 122 handguns, 55 shotguns, 23 rifles, three submachine-guns and two machine-guns have been reported lost by RCMP detachments across the country since 2020. Canadians are largely prohibited(opens in a new tab) from using or acquiring machine-guns and submachine-guns, which are fully automatic and capable of rapid fire.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/the-rc...guns-1.7044619
Old 09-19-2024, 04:19 PM

Meanwhile the RCMP are working with the liberals to disarm Canadians, because we supposedly can't be trusted with firearms. How about the RCMP clean up their own house first?
Old 09-19-2024, 04:48 PM

Pssst! Not a single one of the prohibited firearms were "lost".

A thorough internal investigation will not find any evidence of wrongdoing, and certainly will not result in charges. Procedural issues will be blamed, and they will work to address them so this doesn't happen again...until the next time.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-19-2024, 04:55 PM

The RCMP lost firearms, but that's not a problem because they have so many. No, the real threat to Public Safety is civilian firearm ownership, like it says right at the end. Like a punchline.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-19-2024, 05:00 PM

Of course they wouldn't be selling them (sarcasm)
Are these their service guns or guns that were confiscated?
Years ago Dartmouth and Halifax police had a reputation and not just for shaking down prostitutes in patrol cars
Old 09-19-2024, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The RCMP lost firearms, but that's not a problem because they have so many. No, the real threat to Public Safety is civilian firearm ownership, like it says right at the end. Like a punchline.

Reads like a Monty Python skit.
Old 09-19-2024, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Reads like a Monty Python skit.
Of course it does, it was written by a woke eastern professor. What else would you expect?
Old 09-19-2024, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post

Years ago Dartmouth and Halifax police had a reputation and not just for shaking down prostitutes in patrol cars
That's because they were negligent and left the guns in the car/SUV unattended and sometimes in plain sight. And they were being targeted because of it.
Old 09-19-2024, 07:25 PM

I am pretty sure that if I lost a firearm and reported that it was lost, the very first thing they would do is charge me with unsafe storage of said firearm and it would be my problem to prove my innocence .
Old 09-19-2024, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Of course it does, it was written by a woke eastern professor. What else would you expect?
I guess the woke western professors were too lazy and complacent to write anything... Gun control is no different on either side of the country.
Old 09-19-2024, 08:11 PM

Replace them, the RCMP I mean.........

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Edmund Burke
Old 09-19-2024, 08:47 PM

Not going to take the bait. Can't delete so I will edit.
Old 09-19-2024, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I am pretty sure that if I lost a firearm and reported that it was lost, the very first thing they would do is charge me with unsafe storage of said firearm and it would be my problem to prove my innocence .
Yea… as it’s says;

“The bigger threat to public safety in Canada is the theft or loss of privately owned firearms”.

When RCMP firearms are stolen (even automatic ones) they’re not dangerous so what’s the crime? If yours were stolen you clearly failed to keep those dangerous, often malevolent firearms safe and thus must be punished and made an example of.
Old 09-19-2024, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
Yea… as it’s says;

“The bigger threat to public safety in Canada is the theft or loss of privately owned firearms”.

When RCMP firearms are stolen (even automatic ones) they’re not dangerous so what’s the crime? If yours were stolen you clearly failed to keep those dangerous, often malevolent firearms safe and thus must be punished and made an example of.
Exactly. If it saves one life....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-19-2024, 09:14 PM

"Do as I say and not as I do" seems all too common within groups in a position of "authority"
Old 09-19-2024, 09:40 PM

Quote:
These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time," Trudeau said.
When exactly did "kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time" become the mandate of the police?

I know there are units that should be armed with fully automatic firearms... but if they can't keep track of them, maybe not.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-19-2024, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
When exactly did "kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time" become the mandate of the police?

I know there are units that should be armed with fully automatic firearms... but if they can't keep track of them, maybe not.

ARG
That is another way to look at it, if the RCMP can't even keep track of their fully automatic firearms, then perhaps they shouldn't have them? Just think of what could happen if one of those misplaced fully automatic weapons ended up in the hands of criminals.
Old 09-19-2024, 10:21 PM

Not machine guns… patrol carbines

LC
Old 09-19-2024, 10:47 PM

Give them all walking sticks, seems that would be a lot less dangerous to the public at large.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.