Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Default Trail cam stolen on the weekend!!!!

Hunting on private land a few miles from my place. Only supposed to be, me and one other hunter on the 3 quarter's of Bush.
Went missing last weekend. I'm guna see if they're dumb enough to come back this weekend.
Here's hopeing!

We are a small community. Pick up your garbage and any garbage you see laying around. if you see someone else's blind, trail camera, tree stand, leave it alone.
If your reading this and you took my, or anyone else trail cam this year. Take a look at your life choices and do better.

Brad
Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 AM

That’s awful to hear! Sounds like trespassing and theft, unfortunately it’s not surprising these days. I hope you find who is responsible and get some justice- weather it’s your own or even just notifying the authorities. I hunt almost exclusively on private land, I have lots of cameras up. I know I’m not the only one on the land and I’m just waiting for this to happen to me. Pretty sad what some people have become, classic old story of a few ruining it for the many.

What area did this happen?
Old 11-08-2018, 05:14 AM

If it the case your caught on camera and dont want to be ID'ed then take the SD card and stay the H*ll out of private property.
criminals are everywhere. easy access and a way to sneak in with cover gives them that opportunity.
I set up trip wires along the ground 6" off the ground occasionally along the RR Tracks boarding our property. have a nice Fall.....
Old 11-08-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I set up trip wires along the ground 6" off the ground occasionally along the RR Tracks boarding our property. have a nice Fall.....
Thats not nice
Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 AM

Old 11-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Scum Bags !
Old 11-08-2018, 09:46 AM

I used to think hunters would not steal from hunters but the peta types can't be everywhere in the big bush & private lands. Sad day when a hunter would steal from another.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 AM

The person who steals game cameras in my area is not a hunter or an anti hunter. He is just a neibour with bipolar disorder and no hobbies or friends. Let’s not assume it’s a hunter automatically even though it could be. It’s just a thief. Most hunters are great people.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:21 PM

I would like to think it's not a hunter, but first weekend of the season 1/2 mile through bush. The only reason it would of been found it it's close to my stand.

Brad
Old 11-08-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I used to think hunters would not steal from hunters but the peta types can't be everywhere in the big bush & private lands. Sad day when a hunter would steal from another.
There not real hunters! There scumbags .Real Hunters don't touch or take other peoples property

I had a guy look directly into one of my camera's. Wish it would have the flash this time!
Sorry to hear of your loss
Pin