Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2016, 09:22 PM

Default Property to Sell

I have an acreage to sell, and rather than using a typical real estate agent I am thinking of trying one of the discount places like Property Guys.com

Any words of wisdom or cautions to throw my way.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Used property guys for a property in NS a few years back. Can't really say it was a bad experience because in order to have an experience, I should have some communication. In the this case, I had zero communication. They came, took some nice shots, told me all about their marketing strategies and pounded a sign in the front lawn. Then they asked to be paid up front and I hesitated but eventually gave in and paid.

After 3 months with zero calls or visits our contract ran out. They called and asked me to renew and I declined and asked them to come get their sign. After 2 weeks I delivered the sign back to their office.

Needless to say, never again.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:49 AM

I believe you get access to MLS listing when you use property guys. You stil have to sell it yourself
Old 01-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Where is the acreage and how big?

We are looking...

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 01-10-2016, 10:11 PM

I know an agent who is very good with acreages, been selling them for 30 years. Would be worth your time to meet with him and see what he can do for you.
Dan Yurdiga - 780-995-0339
Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 AM

I had a subdivision and i just put it on kiijii and infomall-lakeland area. if your not in a rush, these websites get enough exposure and it will sell for cheaper then a agent. pm for more details
Old 01-12-2016, 02:24 PM

I'd start with talking to a good lawyer and they often have good offer forms for you to use. You can get a mere listing on mls for a flat rate like 800 or 1000 dollars or something like that. Basically pays the realtor for some advertising and a little more. Many won't do it so ask around. If you want to save money, start with listing on places like kijiji but be prepared to handle some spam.
If you want to pm the area I can tell you whether I know someone in the area.
Good luck.
Also, would probably do well to put an ad on the buy-sell section of this forum. You can always leave out exact location and pricing until you have a serious inquiry and keep that private with them
Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Where is the acreage and how big?

We are looking...
I have one in Caroline AB 7.5 acres 2000 mobile home and shop and a 160 acres in Vilna AB with 41 foot bunk house with generator and 4x4 truck and fish pond all trees great hunting. Caroline 270000 Vilna 190000
Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
I have one in Caroline AB 7.5 acres 2000 mobile home and shop and a 160 acres in Vilna AB with 41 foot bunk house with generator and 4x4 truck and fish pond all trees great hunting. Caroline 270000 Vilna 190000
Thanks. We need something closer since I work downtown Calgary.
Also interested in farmland only but needs to be NW of Calgary (~30 min from Crowfoot) if somebody knows anything please let me know. 10+ acres

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 01-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Default Acreage

My dad currently has 3, 10 acres lots for sale 10 miles south of Calmar.
They are fully treed lots, not sure exactly the price, but I think he is looking for about $130,000.00
PM me if you interested.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:29 PM

Im from Calgary and bought 160 treed acres in NE sask with my dad for 56k, I owe 20k left on my portion. Best decision I have ever made.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmurphy View Post
I have an acreage to sell, and rather than using a typical real estate agent I am thinking of trying one of the discount places like Property Guys.com

Any words of wisdom or cautions to throw my way.

Acreages are a, "luxury" sort of thing. If you're in AB my advice would be to find the most successful realtor you can find and pay him/her the full 7% to move it...............fast as possible. I suspect you'll find demand is somewhat short of supply being the reason.

If you're by Edmonton, disregard the above as notley's hiring bureaucrats faster than they can apply.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. Definitely some good options to consider.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatguy View Post

I believe you get access to MLS listing when you use property guys. You stil have to sell it yourself

True ^

'PropertyGuys' is not a true real estate agency service. All they do is provide access to MLS listing and provide advertising services for a flat fee. You still have to sell your home yourself. Their website explains it all ... http://propertyguys.com/

Mac
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 PM

unknown agents and beginners will sell it with cheap commissions, or try to internet, I just want to ask about insurance, do you have to get one before you buy your property or after ? and Im searching for cheap onces I looked it up in this forum for insurance quotes for properties and I only found one thread

Tags
acreage, discount, real estate, sell