Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 AM

Default Custom engraved lever actions

Fixing to get my old man an engraved lever action .410 or 45/70, as he has always wanted one (passed up the RCMP deal and has been hurting on it since!), and I am wondering where would I be looking and how much would I be spending? Really want to surprise him on his birthday with one!

Any advice would be awesome, really feel like he deserves one after having to raise me!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 AM

Unfortunately, engraving is one of the more expensive things you can do to a gun.If you were talking about an RCMP Win commemorative, they are still around, likely be one at the Easter gun show, probably 650-750.00 on the asking price. I don't know if Galt the Goldsmith is still around, or willing to do it anymore, but if he is, you could talk to him about it. His store used to be on 14th st sw and 17th ave.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Unfortunately, engraving is one of the more expensive things you can do to a gun.If you were talking about an RCMP Win commemorative, they are still around, likely be one at the Easter gun show, probably 650-750.00 on the asking price. I don't know if Galt the Goldsmith is still around, or willing to do it anymore, but if he is, you could talk to him about it. His store used to be on 14th st sw and 17th ave.
Ahhh I knew you would know this one! Thank you very much, even if I can just get the rifle im sure that would be great! I cannot attend the gun show due to work unfortunately though, is there any online resource I could find one on?