Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Don't see what unpleasant comment I made Cal. And for your info a M1 Garand has a built in magazine that requires a clip to load it.

But I figure ya know nothing about M1 Garands. So I will leave it at that.

And Cal if ya could tell me how to "plug" a M1 Garand I am all ears.

My appologies honda 450, wrong guy. Looking at the posts more carefully it was timsink that got a little snotty, if you cant plug the clip then he also was wrong for all his unpleasantness. You are correct, I dont know jack.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
My appologies honda 450, wrong guy. Looking at the posts more carefully it was timsink that got a little snotty, if you cant plug the clip then he also was wrong for all his unpleasantness. You are correct, I dont know jack.
No sweat. Gotta have a thick hide on this forum sometimes.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 AM

I thought you could have 4 in the magazine and one in the chamber totalling 5. Similar to a shotgun can have two in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Don't quote me on anything as I do not know the semi auto regs inside and out!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
Umm well Andrew isn't right, not even close. It is illegal in Canada to have a semi auto centrefire rifle holding more then 5 rounds. So you having 8 in yours would certainly cause some concerns. I'm not up on my Garands but I would think you woul need to get it pinned or something like that in order for it even to be legal never mind huntable. Other then that keep it five and let er rip.
not exactly. The law gives us some margin for some old type semiauto guns (M1 is included). It's legal to have them as long as it's registered.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 AM

Honda 450, has a leg to stand on. I hunt with buddies that were in the forces and are now RC's. I also am friends with some SRD boys. In the end a it is a grey area. The M1 is a loop hole in the regs. It is allowed to be out on the range or out hunting. Its a Grandfathered rifle. Allot of the first year SRD boys won't even know its has an 8 round clip. Just as they are unaware of trappers who have an ATC. Guys can argue all they want about the technicality of it. At the end of the day carry your nice little card for it from the CFC and put only 5 rounds total. I hunt with mine and its a "tack driver". Enjoy it. I have a couple and a M1A and an (CH) M14. the design is great.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 AM

Default m1

just say the game your hunting was part nazi or imperial japanese and were seting up a base to launch v-2s or kamikazes and they should let you take your garand to war.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Maybe I am beating a dead horse. it is not 4 or 5.

It is 5 in the magazine.
I found this online.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/hun...s/genregs.html

BIG GAME PROHIBITIONS

It is unlawful to

1.set out, use or employ any of the following items for the purpose of hunting big game:
•ammunition of less than .23 calibre,
•ammunition that contains non-expanding bullets,
•an auto-loading firearm that has the capacity to hold more than 5 cartridges in the magazine.

For the M1 Garand you would have to buy the En-Bloc clip that is limited to 5.