View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 PM

Thanks Ken. When I first read this thread it got me thinking about things.

Since then I have called a few people I hadn't talked to in years due to life being too busy.

I have also cleared the air with a couple of family members who I had been having a "feud" with for years. It wasn't over anything major but we had lost touch. I was fine with not talking to them but this got me thinking, if they were to die I would feel bad for never making an effort. At least now, of nothing else our last words weren't bitter ones.

There is a few people I want to call or stop in to see but some of them were old boys 10 years ago. There is one old farmer who's place I drive by all the time. He helped me out big time in '08 when my rig was shut down by giving me work building fence and welding for him. He didn't really need a lot of work done but he knew my situation and he found lots for me to do. He paid me well and always made sure to come get me for a hot meal at the house before I went home. I always want to stop in there but I don't know anyone around his place and I don't want to stop in to have his wife tell me he's passed away.