Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-15-2014, 09:04 PM

Default Wild Tv

Finally got round to cancelling my subscription to the channel after repeatedly going to INFO to see that the show was many years old. From the remarks on another post here it seems many others should do the same. All to often we sign up for something and then forget or ignore that we are no longer interested or getting value.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgupnorth View Post
Finally got round to cancelling my subscription to the channel after repeatedly going to INFO to see that the show was many years old. From the remarks on another post here it seems many others should do the same. All to often we sign up for something and then forget or ignore that we are no longer interested or getting value.
Yuppers. Going to cancel this weekend when I have time. 3/4's of the shows do nothing for our image as Sportsmen and women. The majority of Wild TV's content is quite embarrassing actually....
Old 05-15-2014, 10:06 PM

Am I doing something wrong or they don't have live steam?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yuppers. Going to cancel this weekend when I have time. 3/4's of the shows do nothing for our image as Sportsmen and women. The majority of Wild TV's content is quite embarrassing actually....
Agreed
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 AM

I forgot....... I was paying for Wild tv...
Old 05-16-2014, 09:31 AM

There is a ton of new content on Wild TV. Sometimes in the digital guides it will give the original air date incorrectly on the channel for some reason even though it is a new episode.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
.... 3/4's of the shows do nothing for our image as Sportsmen and women. The majority of Wild TV's content is quite embarrassing actually....
Agreed. While I like the idea of wild tv, there needs to be some filter put into place to keep the bs off the air. Not a stuffy tweed and walnut type of deal, but there should be a little more respect demanded by those who decide what shows are accepted.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 PM

I've been wildtv free for 5 years. I don't miss it.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 PM

There is some really cheesy crap on there. I like Shockey and the Canadian shows. But the guys on "The Boneyard" have got to go. So annoying.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:14 PM

I've had wild tv for a few years now and can't believe we are still allowed to have it on the air in canada with all the crt crap ect. I'm just glad to have at least one channel like it , some of it may not be the best but a lot of it is pretty cool and you can pick up some good ideas on calling, gear etc it also helps the 8months of winter go faster.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:30 PM

I always turn it off when they air shooting bears eating garbage.....
Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 PM

Cancelled my subscription today, not interested in the american's self defense shows or African hunts. Canadian content is alright but needs new stuff. Just lost interest I guess.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 PM

Wild TV is entertainging, for all of the wrong reasons...hillbillies racing around on OHV's for "crazy fun" action, the greasy used-car salesmen "Gear Hunters" commercials, the seemingly never-ending baited black bear hunting shows, the Mall Ninja home defense shows from the US, the "extreme hardcore" deer/turkey hunting shows featuring a couple of fat guys sitting in a blind or tree stand...the list just goes on.

The best $5 I spend in a month.

Last edited by shep dog; 05-16-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

Yup what a waste of money, always killing something just for the film, but the package takes away the fishing channel which I didn't mind, but I can live without it.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:15 AM

IMO, for what it's worth... I shut WILD TV off 2 years ago.
Alot of the Wild TV programs have gotten caught up in the glory and fame. They show alot of killing but I don't think I ever saw a show on how to field dress and properly care for the game after the kill. Never saw a show based on upland birds, or wolf trapping or fishing for several types of North American fish. In fact I don't think I have seen very many shows from local areas with local info.

I believe it is alot of these hunting and fishing shows that are degrading our outdoors heritage. The shows are really not there to educate that much and someone elses glory over and over just isn't interesting. Our young people wanting to get into the different outdoor activities are maybe getting the wrong ideas from some of these shows too.

Hunting, fishing and trapping are not a competition for trophies and glory. Hunting, fishing and trapping are meant to be a way of sustaining yourself and family and staying connected to the natural world.

WILD TV's shows should reflect this value.

Again, only my opinion. Keep it humble.

Red Bullets
Old 05-17-2014, 01:18 AM

Mine has been canceled for about a year
Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 AM

don't like wildtv either
Old 05-17-2014, 07:03 AM

Default Wild tv

I haven't cancelled yet but I can sadly say it's going in that direction.
I like a lot of the Canadian shows (not to be biased) just good hunting, although some of the hosts and "pro hunters" that are featured are just plain annoying. I can live with the commercials and the quick segments as I just PVR most of them anyway.
Still going to give wild tv a few more months but if I still feel the same way, it's long gone.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Banned

i subscribe to wild tv on my laptop which is hooked up to the bigscreen tv. costs me 4 bucks a month which i think is very reasonable. can watch as many shows as i want when i want and i can skip commercials. i agree that there are some shows that i don't like but i just stop watching them and move on. i mostly watch shows about cnd. hunting and fishing. i'm keeping my subscription.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:37 AM

Default Some hunting shows and blondes

Too Hollywood ,for the most part.... the wife watches and she has four words .. yea right... i wish ... lots of of the shows especially with the women they basically arrive like eye candy and do the deed lots of back patting and that is it.... but that is not how it works at least not for the majority of us , lets see them with their sleeves rolled up elbow deep after the kill and lets see more of the the work that led up to it and after then maybe we can relate to it better , i know i would very interested ... other wise it is too much like a hunting soap opera... just my thoughts
Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 AM

Been Wild TV Free sense feb
Don't miss it one bit
Old 05-18-2014, 05:59 PM

I watched colorado buck and his daughter shooting animals they couldnt even identify, that guy gives hunters a bad image, cancelled mine after that
Old 05-18-2014, 06:36 PM

The whole "flatliner" and "the edge" garbage finished it for me. Cancelled.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM

There are some real tool's on there that's for sure...Don't watch to many of the programs but I will have it as long as they air it...no different than the other 150 channels with nothing on 95% of the time!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:39 PM

I absolutely lost interest in Wild TV after meeting Ryan and Helgi. I never met two bigger *******s in my life. Can't support that!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:17 AM

I rarely watch it, just the odd show that catches my attention anymore. It would be nice to see something on there that offered some knowledge, I find that far more entertaining but there really isn't much offered. Stuff like setting up a wall tent, packing a horse, what to pack on a backpack hunt, reloading tips, that sort of thing. The drama I could live without, if I want drama I would dig up some old reruns of stampede wrestling. It would also be nice to see more respect and appreciation of game harvested rather than the kill something at any cost for the camera. It makes you wonder about the ethics and mentality of some of the people involved in the industry and what they are telling the world and new comers about hunting. Jmo
Old 05-19-2014, 09:27 AM

Cancelled mine a couple of years ago
Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 AM

While I agree 90% of the stuff on WildTV is simply Bad, I hold on for the programs I do like. Most of the international and Africa hunts (the DSC puts on a credible showing) and Canadians like Shockey, TJ, and that 'Guide' fellow to name a few are about all that I can watch.
Guess it's like regular TV in that sense...can't remember when I last watched something from 'Home&Garden' TV.
Someone mentioned Colorado Buck. I had the misfortune of being at the same location he was hunting at in Ireland. A total Hammerhead with an Ego the size of Colorado...which is not his real name.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 AM

Default Wild tvT

I agree, I don't have cable but spent the long weekend at some relatives. I watched a few episodes and thought it was crap. All about selling gear, the kill and testosterone. The one show I think the guy said "Booya" every fourth word... What a joke.

I am sure there are episodes that try to bring the true essence of what hunting is about, but I did not see any.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 AM

I like having it, everybody hates the long range shows but they are actually very informative. It doesn't mean after I watch them I think I can shoot an elk at 900 yards. Also some great hunting shows on there, Jim Shockey the Professionals, Magnum TV, I like the Africa shows to see what that's like. It's like any channel , you won't like it all. Having said all that gear hunters is pure crap, they show products that are low quality and pass them off like they use them just for advertising money, makes their credibility zero.