Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-19-2014, 10:17 AM

Default browning high power/ sako action.

I have a browning high power in 22-250 and have a few questions, I am undecided if I am going to keep it or make a few mods.
What would one in very good condition, in 22-250 heavy barrel be worth?
1-14 twist.

When I bought it, I didn't realize it was so heavy, 10lbs all up with scope.

Where I am trying to get, is about a 7-7.5 lbs all up 22-250,

I have been looking for an after market stock, no real success, should I try a older sako blank? any one got any leads?
If I can get a lightweight sporter stock, I may re barrel with a light weight, faster twist.
its a nice rile and feeds very smooth, shots tiny little groups, I am a bit reluctant, to chop it and modifie, but it not being used,
Old 08-19-2014, 11:20 AM

The Blue book lists them at $1000 if in 98% condition and that condition is basically new, unfired and in the shipping box.
Ones in really nice condition are sometimes listed on american gun auction websites for well north of $2000! Those websites IMO, are often asking some pretty high prices and I really wonder how many actually sell for what they're listed at.
One in good used condition should be worth at least 1K and I think most sellers will ask more than that and possibly get it too. Just how much more is a good question but you can always come down in your price and never up.

I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to restock and rebarrel one of these as you'd have almost as much money in it as it's worth. Better to sell and purchase something that suites you.