Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 PM

Default Benelli Ethos

Hi everyone,
I might be adding a Benelli to my 3 Berettas & I was wondering if any of you owns an Ethos and could possibly share his/her opinions/thoughts on this new Benelli... How does it compare to the SBE ii mainly?

SBE has been in the market for a very long time and proved itself well... Ethos is VERY new but is light & slick.
I'd use it for hunting waterfowl & upland as well as some clays.
I'm not a fan of the Vinci line and not considering anything other than those 2.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 AM

If you compare the manuals for the SBE and the Ethos, they are pretty much the same gun, design wise. Main thing with an SBE is don't over-oil it, and use a light oil, something that doesn't thicken up in cold weather. You'll know if the oil is the wrong type or too much, once you get below zero. it'll slow down the cycling. Too much oil will result in the need to clean out the recoil spring tube, it gets pushed back into there.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:12 AM

I haven't used an ethos but have seen a few used at the range. beautiful guns. Receiver looks just like a super sport. One guy there though he could use a super sport barrel but that's just one he said.