Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Default Saudi's Day of Rage

Wednesday, February 23 2011
(Dubai) -- Nearly 500 people have signed a Facebook campaign calling for a "day of rage" in Saudi Arabia.
The demands for the March 11th rally include an elected ruler, greater freedom for women and releasing political prisoners

$100/bbl for crude is going to look real cheap in a couple of weeks. When there is such a large concentration of $$ in the hands of a relatively small group there will be blood spilled.
If the situation in Saudi esculates you won't even hear about Libya anymore.

There have been a few things that have happened during my life that when they happened you just knew your life was going to change;
JFK's assination
Man walking on the moon
70's oil crisis
US loses the Vietnam war
fall of the Berlin wall
September 11
and now this has the potential to really screw up your life as we now know it.

Stay tuned, and Al Jazeera would likely be a better place to get your info. than Glenn Beck on this issue.

Last edited by Almer Fudd; 02-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM

The Saudi people have a difficult time ahead, because not only is their ruling establishment incredibly well financed and armed, but it is also supported by American, British and even Israeli interests.

Those would support the slaughter of the Saudi population in every way by their own ruling establishment for oil, just like they supported the Shah of Iran, and in the early days the ruler of Iraq, Saddam Hussein.

Even now, the U.S. is gleefully looking at exploiting the precarious situation of Libya in every possible way. Have no doubt they'd lever open Saudi Arabia like an oyster at the first possible moment, regardless of the civilian loss of life. Look to 'Fahrenheit 9/11' to see what they'd do to the general population at the drop of a hat, for their own interests. ConSon = Abu Graib.

Iran knows this all too well, and is becoming very unsettled by it.

A couple of weeks from now might be a good time to go long Alberta tar sands producers.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Now...... taking your advice from Michael Moore?? that IS scary!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Now...... taking your advice from Michael Moore?? that IS scary!
Not advice. Rather, localized evidence of what can happen when you use modern military against a civilian population.

I deduce my own 'advice'.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM

Default oil

We got our own oil here. if it goes over 100.00 a barrel again, we will be drinking beer, not killing anyone. Thus the oilsands! Why kill each other when we have only killed 200 ducks..... the same per day limit in argentina...love where we live!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
We got our own oil here. if it goes over 100.00 a barrel again, we will be drinking beer, not killing anyone. Thus the oilsands! Why kill each other when we have only killed 200 ducks..... the same per day limit in argentina...love where we live!
I think the problem would be larger than you seem to believe.
Crude significantly above $100/bbl will likely create a double dip recession/depression.
As the middle east dictators are disposed there will be a void of leadership in the region which will likely lead to the opportunity of a charismatic Sunni leader uniting the Arab nations.

This is going to be a big deal for everyone.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Almer: you are correct.

If this "unrest" by rabblerousers and democracy seekers takes hold in Saudi Arabia,
then the Middle East , and the world economy, will be in for great confusion.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 PM

It looks as though the saudis are heading for chaos.If saudis go up I heard oil could jump to 200 brl. who could afford that,bad news for everyone.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM

when any damn king farts, oil goes up
Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM

Default It must be OK now.

Everything must be OK now,

Just heard the lead story on CBC;

Justin Beaver has a new haircut!!

I feel so much better!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

seems like egypt was holding the finger in the dam.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
Just like everyone will remember where they were when they heard about the World Trade Center on Sept. 11
March 11, 2011 could be a larger global issue than anything we've seen before.

A 10 minute supply interuption of crude from Saudi Arabia would send the markets into a tailspin.

In 2008 Crude hit $140/bbl simply on the unchecked speculation of some invetment banks and hedge funds. There wasn't any supply issues in 2008.

****s gonna hit the fan..
Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
Yes: but the ? is how much did the USA have to do with the removal of that finger. it is strange that the military did nothing to stop the Egyptian civilians as they helped keep that dictator in power for 30yrs.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almer Fudd View Post
In 2008 Crude hit $140/bbl simply on the unchecked speculation of some invetment banks and hedge funds. There wasn't any supply issues in 2008.
Just wait until unchecked speculation speculates on real supply issues.

Maybe I'll hedge my gasoline usage for the next few years.......
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Just wait until unchecked speculation speculates on real supply issues.

Maybe I'll hedge my gasoline usage for the next few years.......
Not a bad idea!!!

Buy a 6 month forward on gasoline or diesel....hmmmmm.

Might be too late.

I heard the airlines were fast to snap up forwards on jet fuel when the Egyptian issue started.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM

Default saudi

Elmer: there ain't a chance that the east could unite. do you think that 100.00 a barrel of oil would unite countries that have fought since the beginning of time. It was 150.00 a few years ago, and they were still killing each other. Let them have their oil, sell it to china. We can look after ourselves.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallCoeff.435 View Post
The Saudi people have a difficult time ahead, because not only is their ruling establishment incredibly well financed and armed, but it is also supported by Americ even Israeli interests.
S'cuse Me? Israeli interests in Saudi? You must be reading some stuff I haven;t been reading.

SOme of the better righters on this forum were dismising this whole movemnet a little while ago. Wonder what they think of it now.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
Elmer: there ain't a chance that the east could unite. do you think that 100.00 a barrel of oil would unite countries that have fought since the beginning of time. It was 150.00 a few years ago, and they were still killing each other. Let them have their oil, sell it to china. We can look after ourselves.
The US believes that the current void in friendly leadership in the middle east is something to be concerned about.
They sent 86 year old King Abdullah back home this week to pass out $37 Billion to the locals in an attempt to keep them FDL (fat, dumb and lazy).
The succession candidates in Saudi Arabia are all over 75 years old and corrupt with a capital $C.
I don't think the relatively young populations in the Arab nations are going to put up with the same old "imperial" powers that have dominated the region for decades.
As far as looking after ourselves, don't kid yourself.
We'll be in it up to our nose when the **** hits the fan, just like the rest of the world.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 AM

Default 13 killed in Iraqi's Day or Rage

Just saw the report that Iraqi had a "Day of Rage" yesterday.
13 protesters killed.

protests in Yemen also.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Default Democracy, I don't think so

We can't blame governments for supporting any one who can keep order. Thats just the way they do things in these countrys.
Democracy is pie in the sky. If they could do a fair election the losers would fight. Bush should have stayed out of Iraq, Sadam Hussein was the best they could do at the time.

Last edited by chimpac; 02-25-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Middle East

Saudi Arabia police 'fire at rally'

Police reportedly open fire at several hundred protesters marching in eastern city of Qatif, AP reports.
Last Modified: 10 Mar 2011 19:36 GMT
Email ArticlePrint ArticleShare ArticleSend Feedback
Police have reportedly opened fire at a rally in Saudi Arabia in an apparent efforts to stop planned protests there, AP news agency has reported.

A witness in the eastern city of Qatif told AP that gunfire and stun grenades were fired at several hundred protesters marching in the city streets on Thursday.

The witness, speaking on condition of anonymity because he feared government reprisal, said police in the area opened fire. The witness saw at least one protester injured.

Government officials have warned they will take strong action if activists take to the streets after increasing calls for large protests around the country to press for democratic reforms.

Protest crackdown

Earlier on Thursday, the human rights organisation Amnesty International called on the Saudi Arabian authorities to reverse the ban on peaceful protest in the kingdom, amid fears of a violent crackdown on mass demonstrations planned for Friday's “Day of Rage”.

"Instead of banning peaceful protests the Saudi Arabian authorities should address the need for major human rights reform in the country," Philip Luther, deputy director of their Middle East and North Africa programme, said.

Media reports over the weekend suggested that some 10,000 Saudi troops would be deployed to crack down on any protests.

“Reports that the Saudi authorities plan to deploy troops to police upcoming demonstrations are very worrying,” said Luther.

Source: Al Jazeera and agencies

Looks like the $37 Billion that was handed out earlier this week by the Saudi gov't wasn't enough to placate these protesters.
I certainly hope this doesn't get out of hand and disrupt oil shipments.
Suddenly $100 crude looks pretty cheap!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Canada at its current output should be fine for the next 100 years we have the 3rd largest reserve of oil in the world. We are the global leader in hard to produce oil bar none. We have developed ways to produce extract and refine the toughest oil out there Canada will be quite rich and if this does go down that only means that we will start producing more oil in reserves we de decided not to years ago east coast oil will boom instead of being sporadic Alberta it self will see the largest boom in history and you will no longer see the stupid American ads of how bad our oil is. Not to mention all of the alternative energy ideas will explode due to the unrest in the middle east this can only be a good thing for us. bad.... very bad for the usa but that's fine they will survive
Old 03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

500 people?That`s more like 30 seconds of rage.Shouldn`t take long to take care of them.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:33 PM

I hate to sound like Chicken Little, but this is a much bigger event than most seem to think.

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have been the stable moderators within the middle east for decades and now the largest exporter is on the brink of chaos.

Any significant increase in crude will likely dump the world into another recession. Alberta may benefit in the short term to increased crude prices, but as I said earlier we'll be up to our noses in **** with the rest of the world.

I believe this will be one of those generational moments we'll talk about for years to come.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Alberta might have all the oil , oil company's are stealing our future ,don't see any benefit to the average joe,hell the cost of living in the last week as gone up 10 % its going to get ugly . world population as doubled in the last 20 years ,everybody wants the good life,,big house ,big truck,all the toys,canada is the most waste full country on the planet.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Well I guess we all should convert to green resources like hemp now .... it produces more fiber and ethanol than any other plant per acre and it also produces it all a lot faster
Old 03-10-2011, 04:25 PM

valuable farm land should only be used for food,,but guess what ? before we no it the land well be rendered non fertile ,than what ? leave it up to the human race,dictators well find a way' always have.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 PM

If the Sh*t does hit the fan,,, its too bad we are sending oil directly to the States,,, and I don't have a problem with that, as long as Steady Eddie now realizes its time to start building those upgraders in the heartland. And as a side note,, The Federal Government has approved the McKenzie Pipeline as of this afternoon.
In Wisconsin and Ohio, don't be surprised that they too will have their days of rage in regards to banning of collective bargaining with in the public sector, this could spread like wildfire through alot more US States. A Depression is not that off the wall as a previous poster pointed out.

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Alberta might have all the oil , oil company's are stealing our future ,don't see any benefit to the average joe,hell the cost of living in the last week as gone up 10 % its going to get ugly . world population as doubled in the last 20 years ,everybody wants the good life,,big house ,big truck,all the toys,canada is the most waste full country on the planet.

WOW!!!!!!!!! CRY ME A RIVER WHALER!!!!! quit your bitching about alberta and its oil and canada in general if you don't like it, you could always move to Libya, egypt, or Saudi Arabia and see how fun it is there.