Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 03:23 PM

Default Walleye UNLIMITED MEETING.

Next meeting (wed. april 20th) 7:00 pm at the Bow Waters canoe club 1975 26 st. S.E. will be our annual swap meet meeting. There will be fishfinders,rods and reels drift socks, lots and lots of rapala cranks, jigs, blade baits, rigging and blading items etc. Lots more. Free admission and free coffee and donuts as well. Hope you can make it. Brian Eberts. ( President ).
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM

i take it you are open the the public?
close to my place .would love to stop in & have a look around.

orv.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the notice. Will try and make it.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:46 PM

Open to all. Great way to pick up some deals before we hit the open water.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 PM

Will also have large colored bathymetric charts on the southern reservoirs for sale,boating equipment, tournament measuring board, and as always great door prizes. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM

free donuts!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 PM

Mr Rug
I have to work that night but do you think that you could had my board to Kelly..i need the bathymetric maps out of your boat for Chin and Travers...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
free donuts!!!!!
crud...... now there is going to be none for the rest of us...... JK
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM

Are they going to have one in Edmonton next
Old 04-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Default question

any board members going tonight?
hoping to make it by for a look-see.

orv.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Ill be there, like usual. Im interested to see what people are going to be selling. I know one guy personally who is bringing a TON of gear. If I didnt know him better, one would think he is selling all his fishing gear but its probably only a fraction. Might even make Chubb's collection look average
Old 04-20-2011, 02:49 PM

so how do i tell a.o. members?
they are the crazy ones with all the stuff for sale? .lol

Last edited by ORV; 04-20-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Banned

no. to be honest I dont know who all there is an actual forum member. Never really talked about it with anyone there, Im sure there are a couple. Maybe they dont want people to know. lol.

I got an idea, strike up a conversation about stocking bass in alberta and see what reaction you get. haha
Old 04-20-2011, 03:15 PM

There is forum members at the meetings for sure. There are about 10 or so tournament anglers at every meeting as well as many other walleye guys and gals as well. There is supposed to be 6 or more tournament guys with lots of gear for sale, so you know there will be quality tackle rods reels etc for sale. If your into walleye fishing I'm sure you will enjoy our meetings. Tonight there is no guest speaker just a good old tackle sale. See you there. RUG RAT.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUG RAT View Post
There is forum members at the meetings for sure. There are about 10 or so tournament anglers at every meeting as well as many other walleye guys and gals as well. There is supposed to be 6 or more tournament guys with lots of gear for sale, so you know there will be quality tackle rods reels etc for sale. If your into walleye fishing I'm sure you will enjoy our meetings. Tonight there is no guest speaker just a good old tackle sale. See you there. RUG RAT.
Do people do trades,, I have on old Pflueger spinning reel (needs dust up) that I want to trade for an older Mitchell 300 or 300A.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Do people do trades,, I have on old Pflueger spinning reel (needs dust up) that I want to trade for an older Mitchell 300 or 300A.
Dropped by the meeting and though the last thing I needed was more stuff,, long to short I bought a haul that was 27 rapalas/crankbaits, 7 mepps spinners, 5 Len Thompsons and a few old Kroks for $55. The Rapalas were old school ones, basically painted sticks, the bestest, so happy, the Mepps were never used and I got a chrome plated brass McWilliams deep troller for $2.50unreal, seriously . Next meeting I won't bring any money.

But, really why I'm posting is; while there, I'm trying to figure out who is who from the forum but neither did I want to say to people that I'm Gus on AOF nor ask for monikers. This due in part to the Quality Trout Thread and the Bass Thread. It woulda been like the showdown at the OK Coral. Even when I brought it up sideways, some would say "Uh-huh" or "Yup" and that was it. HaHaHa.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Dropped by the meeting and though the last thing I needed was more stuff,, long to short I bought a haul that was 27 rapalas/crankbaits, 7 mepps spinners, 5 Len Thompsons and a few old Kroks for $55. The Rapalas were old school ones, basically painted sticks, the bestest, so happy, the Mepps were never used and I got a chrome plated brass McWilliams deep troller for $2.50unreal, seriously . Next meeting I won't bring any money.

But, really why I'm posting is; while there, I'm trying to figure out who is who from the forum but neither did I want to say to people that I'm Gus on AOF nor ask for monikers. This due in part to the Quality Trout Thread and the Bass Thread. It woulda been like the showdown at the OK Coral. Even when I brought it up sideways, some would say "Uh-huh" or "Yup" and that was it. HaHaHa.

if you ever need backup gus give me a call.....hahahahahahahahahaha.