Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-29-2017, 07:58 PM

If you can't form a sentence then reloading can be a real challenge!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdf96ca View Post
Just tryna join the community guys sorry if I'm making some one upset but spelling mistakes that happens more than once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, don't sweat it. If you hang around here long you'll find out that it doesn't take much to have half the followers on any given day want to hang you for some reason.
A lot of good folk, but others will vehemently argue if you say the sky is blue.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 PM

From looking at the picture he did reside it and not resize it 🤕
Old 05-29-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post
From looking at the picture he did reside it and not resize it 🤕
I dunno, I have to go with resize - definitely smaller
Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

New cartridge development...early stages...keep us posted.

We all have squished a few...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-30-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Hey, don't sweat it. If you hang around here long you'll find out that it doesn't take much to have half the followers on any given day want to hang you for some reason.

A lot of good folk, but others will vehemently argue if you say the sky is blue.

Gotch thx man

Old 06-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Welcome to the forum. Spelling aside at least you have the guts to admit and publish your mistakes. Might help others. We have all learned from making mistakes, some of us have been REALLY lucky and there have been no serious costs to tour mistakes, others not so lucky. Learn from yours like you are and hope they are all this trivial. All the best.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Spelling aside at least you have the guts to admit and publish your mistakes. Might help others. We have all learned from making mistakes, some of us have been REALLY lucky and there have been no serious costs to tour mistakes, others not so lucky. Learn from yours like you are and hope they are all this trivial. All the best.

Hahah yeah no kidding spelling aside really

Old 06-01-2017, 08:04 PM

One of the biggest loading mistakes I got to see was in 1974 a young fella bought a Ruger M - 77 7 Rem mag .He and his buddies were reloading and went shooting KABBBOOOOOM . Split the stock in half ,blew the magazine follower etc right off the bottom ,blew the extractor off,totally locked the action . Ruined the rifle .He had a broken nose .

They had used a max load of IMR 4895 instead of IMR 4831 OOPS
Old 06-01-2017, 11:47 PM

well guys there I go again hahah did another couple was trying to not push the primers so I could resize the shel before loading (hadn't done it good enough last time) any how that didn't work out great
Any one have to sand/polish down there inside pin yet the one that also has the small primer pusher attached at the bottom?
If yes what did u use for that?

Old 06-02-2017, 07:26 AM

You should prime your cases after resizing, if you need to resize your cases further after priming remove the decapping pin from your die.

Do you live anywhere around Lloyd I could come over and help you out.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:30 AM

How'd you do that?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinthesky View Post
If you can't form a sentence then reloading can be a real challenge!
Laughing!

-Billy Molls
Old 06-02-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
well guys there I go again hahah did another couple was trying to not push the primers so I could resize the shel before loading (hadn't done it good enough last time) any how that didn't work out great
Any one have to sand/polish down there inside pin yet the one that also has the small primer pusher attached at the bottom?
If yes what did u use for that?

Looks like the expander button is far to high up inside the die. The neck is getting jammed between the button and the neck portion of the die crushing the case. If you want to resize primed brass without removing the primer you have to take the pin out of the expander button, backing it off so the pin doesn't decap the primer puts the button to high in the die and jambs the neck crushing the case.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
You should prime your cases after resizing, if you need to resize your cases further after priming remove the decapping pin from your die.

Do you live anywhere around Lloyd I could come over and help you out.

Hey that's exactly what I ended up doing worked ok just the Center pin I think is a little to thick so that doesn't let the neck squeeze together enough

Old 06-02-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCse7en View Post
How'd you do that?

Trying to make ur die work with the centre pin pulled out a bit and washers and stuff haha not really a smart thing to do I might ad now that I found out

Old 06-02-2017, 09:44 AM

You seriously need to go back and re-read the instructions on how to properly set up your resizing die. Set up properly you will have none of these problems and you don't need any washers or shaved primers pins to make it work right. RCBS has made millions of dies and 99.98% of them work just fine. Follow the steps EXACTLY and I bet it works just fine.

I am not trying be give you a shot but from your writing it would appear written English may not be one of your strengths. If you can't get the sizing die set up right DO NOT LOAD any live ammo until you can work with someone who can show you how to do it correctly. Loading done wrong can be very dangerous to you and bystanders. Where are you located?
Old 06-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Banned

Dean2 is absolutely correct. I might suggest that you need to find yourself an experienced mentor.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
You seriously need to go back and re-read the instructions on how to properly set up your resizing die. Set up properly you will have none of these problems and you don't need any washers or shaved primers pins to make it work right. RCBS has made millions of dies and 99.98% of them work just fine. Follow the steps EXACTLY and I bet it works just fine.

I am not trying be give you a shot but from your writing it would appear written English may not be one of your strengths. If you can't get the sizing die set up right DO NOT LOAD any live ammo until you can work with someone who can show you how to do it correctly. Loading done wrong can be very dangerous to you and bystanders. Where are you located?

Yeah I know what u are saying that is very dangerous, it is not my first time reloading it's just with this caliber that I seem to have trouble with I followed the instructions exactly and it just didn't work I tried setting it tighter so screwing it in farther but that didn't help either.
I know what ur saying though loading is extremely dangerous if done wrong I was just try something to not have to push unused primers that's why the washer thing epic fail

Old 06-02-2017, 12:17 PM

To add to that I don't recommend to any one to fool around with the dies you should "if ur dies don't work" just pic up a new set and do it right right away

Old 06-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
To add to that I don't recommend to any one to fool around with the dies you should "if ur dies don't work" just pic up a new set and do it right right away

Wrong. There is something wrong with your set up. In the pics that you've posted, I see a lock washer, other washer etc. in the background. If you are in the Calgary area, I'd be willing to help you out. But you'd have to drive south a bit.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Wrong. There is something wrong with your set up. In the pics that you've posted, I see a lock washer, other washer etc. in the background. If you are in the Calgary area, I'd be willing to help you out. But you'd have to drive south a bit.

Hahah those r not for reloading lol I'm not I'm from Slave lake

Old 06-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hahah those r not for reloading lol I'm not I'm from Slave lake

Well, I'm sure that you could find someone in Slave Lake to steer you in the right direction. You do need to seek some help.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Looks like the expander button is far to high up inside the die. The neck is getting jammed between the button and the neck portion of the die crushing the case. If you want to resize primed brass without removing the primer you have to take the pin out of the expander button, backing it off so the pin doesn't decap the primer puts the button to high in the die and jambs the neck crushing the case.

Ok thx a lot for that I ended up doing that and it worked great for me

Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm sure that you could find someone in Slave Lake to steer you in the right direction. You do need to seek some help.

I don't see why I should; doing that was purity much an experiment, and bra I got a few reloading buddy's up hear any way thx aloe though guys u have helped me some buddy's

Old 06-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't see why I should; doing that was purity much an experiment, and bra I got a few reloading buddy's up hear any way thx aloe though guys u have helped me some buddy's

Sounds good, I'm done trying to help you out. Sounds as though you've got everything under control.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Sounds good, I'm done trying to help you out. Sounds as though you've got everything under control.

Hahah I did so far but thx guys I appreciate it

Old 06-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Banned

Hahah!
Old 06-02-2017, 08:57 PM

I'm liking how this is the most popular thread right now in this section. I must admit, the nonsensical title and a little bit of curiosity got me.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
I'm liking how this is the most popular thread right now in this section. I must admit, the nonsensical title and a little bit of curiosity got me.

Was kinda surprising to me as well that is is actually the most popular hahah kinda funny