Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

The problem is it may go to caucus but with the majority they they got in on they have to answer to no one unfortunately they can do what they please... It doesn't seem to matter what they do they will be re- elected... Oh sure we will see a couple guys stick up and make a show for their constituents but in the end they will do what they are told..

I beleive this thing will go through on the trial basis with a few minor changes but it will go through...

Some opposition would sure be nice in this province !!!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Default Sorry Bud

I guess I must have got out of the owly side of the bed this morning and went a little too hard on ole TJ. Sorry Bud, I know that you truly have the best interests of Alberta Outdoorsmen and women at heart.

The reason why Morton is the best tool for the job?
Because he's one of us for starters. No learning curve for Ted.
And he's said many times is a crock he'll "can" it.

If you want to see the Deseret Ranch hunting regs google Deseret Land and Cattle. It's an eye opener.

Let the debate continue.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:01 AM
MAV

Sorry Neil Bad timing on my part.

Try and stay focused Sheep you brought up some good points, take your little spat with Neil to the PM's plus I'm sure you have his number Neil is a stand up guy and I'm sure he'll be around to explain himself later. As well your position on OS is going to be interpreted by your posts, if you don't state yor position any clearer than you have we'll do the interpretation, we get it some people stand up and say what's on there minds (Bubba and Duffy4 come to mind) and some got A's in English and Philosophy in school and like to play the dark deep secretive role. Fine.

Delburndave stated it we have more letter's to write. It was interesting that at some point in the last week there must have been enough letters coming from various places to reach a critical level that is when Ed decided to start addressing OS. The same thing can happen now. Influence your candidate and get them involved in this issue. It took Barry MacFarland quite some time to realize that his role in this might not have been the right way to deal with it, but he is also on record saying he'll try and help. Good enough now send him a message.

ARHJ

Last edited by MAV; 03-04-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Bad timing
Old 03-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Default teddy?

seriously neil you think ted is one of us? last time i checked most of us weren't very much like ted. i think most of us were born in canada unlike ted, i think most of us are against open spaces, i think most of us support our troops and haven't been venhement anti war protestors, i think most of us aren't elitists that subscribe to the "calgary school" of thought when it comes to social programs being a bare bones type of thing and the more you pay the better service you get.
but mabye you were just speaking for yourself and yes like you ted is a writer. i fully realize that you are a writer and will be able to talk circles around me and prove your point of what a great guy ted is and all he cares about is hunting and has no love for big business but just had to express myself. oh and last thing was i didn't quite get the thing about the crock? was it meant that if open spaces or any issue in particular turns out to be a crock he'll can it? sorry if i'm being grumpy but just don't like being compared with people like that.

Last edited by brownbomber; 03-04-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: put qoutations around "calgary school" the think tank group didn't want to slander calgary as a whole
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

Easy now boys.. Ted isnt the devil. I just think he is extremly misguided on this issue.
I like ted.. I just hate this O/S idea. Surely we can come up with a better solution.
Ted is the Best SRD minister we have ever had. Unfortunatly he has come up with the second worst idea in history.. #1 being game farming.

Jamie
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Was interested to notice on the APOS website a Bill Morton running Ridge country Outfitters out of Cardston. If this is a relation of Teds I would see his involvement in OS as a clear conflict of interest.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loper View Post
Was interested to notice on the APOS website a Bill Morton running Ridge country Outfitters out of Cardston. If this is a relation of Teds I would see his involvement in OS as a clear conflict of interest.
Good question, I notice they are listed on the outdoor quest website so perhaps TJ and or Rich could save me a couple of phone calls?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loper View Post
Nice catch loper. Worth looking into.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy ike View Post
Good question, I notice they are listed on the outdoor quest website so perhaps TJ and or Rich could save me a couple of phone calls?

We hunted waterfowl with Bill a number of years ago......I think 2004 was the last time..... He runs a great goose camp but there's where my knowledge of Bill ends. Sorry I can't shed any light on your other concerns...I guess it's off to the phone for you.....let us know what you find out.

Last edited by sheephunter; 03-04-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
We hunted waterfowl will Bill a number of years ago......I think 2004 was the last time..... He runs a great goose camp but there's where my knowledge of Bill ends. Sorry In can't shed any light on your other concerns...I guess it's off to the phone for you.....let us know what you find out.
Thanks anyway.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Ted is the Best SRD minister we have ever had. Unfortunatly he has come up with the second worst idea in history.. #1 being game farming.

Jamie
Not a difficult thing to do. We've had some real duds in the past.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copidosoma View Post
Not a difficult thing to do. We've had some real duds in the past.
Perhaps it is not dificult.. But at least he is doing it.

Jamie
Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM

I guess... If you want to be a "glass is half full" sort of guy.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Default New MLA,s

Yes Ted Morton is related to Bill Morton from Cardston.
One other point,at the meeting in Cardston, Ted Morton said he has harvested 7 mule deer bucks, in the 180 class, in zone 108,since 1998.
So that means 7 mule bucks in 9 years, Is ted morton also an archerer,or does he have a dual-citizenship.
In zone 108 it takes a resident 8 to 10 years to get a draw for an antlered
mule deer.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
One other point,at the meeting in Cardston, Ted Morton said he has harvested 7 mule deer bucks, in the 180 class, in zone 108,since 1998.
So that means 7 mule bucks in 9 years, Is ted morton also an archerer,or does he have a dual-citizenship.
mule deer.
Interesting, is he a landowner in 108 using landowner tags???
Old 03-04-2008, 02:21 PM

According to newsarticles Ted is a dual Canadian/US citizen.

Could he then hire a guide outfitter and hunt this zone every year as a non-resident and also apply in the resident draw?

Can someone hold two WIN numbers one as a resident and one as a non-resident?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
mule deer.
How is Bill and Ted related? This may turn out to be an excellent adventure
Old 03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
Ahhhaaa thats a good one dude
Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post

Waxy
Old 03-04-2008, 02:50 PM

lots of mortons down this way to sneak in on some landowner tags......
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
According to newsarticles Ted is a dual Canadian/US citizen.

Could he then hire a guide outfitter and hunt this zone every year as a non-resident and also apply in the resident draw?

Can someone hold two WIN numbers one as a resident and one as a non-resident?
Wow...do you stay up at night dreaming this stuff up or does it just come to you in a blinding flash? No wonder people have trouble taking hunters seriously.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 PM
340wtby

Is anyone allowed to ask question or just certain people?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:12 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
mule deer.
32.79% of priority 4 and 100% of priority 5 were drawn in WMU108 for antlered mule deer in 2006 I don't recall him saying 7 bucks in his address at conference but I could be wrong.

Last edited by sheephunter; 03-04-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: refered to wrong meeting
Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 PM
340wtby

Quote:
Funny that 32.79% of priority 4 and 100% of priority 5 were drawn in WMU108 for antlered mule deer in 2006 but never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.
Math is a wonderful thing. Even if he got drawn at priority 4 every time that still only adds up to 2.25 tags. Don't let math get in the way.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
sheephunter

Actually three tags but you are right it doesn't equal 7 but I don't remember him citing that number...do you? Guess he could be an archer as well....not really sure. Maybe priority requirements were lower 10 years ago as well....I never looked.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Wow...do you stay up at night dreaming this stuff up or does it just come to you in a blinding flash? No wonder people have trouble taking hunters seriously.
Sheep - Not sure what your problem is.

I am actually a dual citizen as well and have always applied for and hunted as a resident. The post made me wonder if it was possible to do so.

Could I purchase a hunt as a non-resident from and outfitter (as an american citizen) and still hold a valid win as a resident. What the hell is wrong with questioning that?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by sheephunter:
Quote:
I don't remember him citing that number
Where you at the Cardston meeting?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Originally posted by sheephunter:

Where you at the Cardston meeting?
No sorry I misread that...I thought it refered to his minister's address at conference...I know in that speech he spoke about killing mule deer in 108 as well but the number wasn't close to seven.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:01 PM

He spoke about it in Pincher Creek as well. As I recall it was 7 animals total over that time frame in 108 and 300. Mule Deer in 108, and Elk in 300. When he gave the numbers, they didn't seem out of line anyway.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post

I am actually a dual citizen as well and have always applied for and hunted as a resident. The post made me wonder if it was possible to do so.
I beleive the way the regulations read is where you reside, not where you are a citizen. They are two seperate items.

You could be a US citizen, but reside in Alberta and hunt as a resident.