Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Default ARHJ web site

There is an e-mail address under the contact us tab on the web site, that would be what I would try to get more involved.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Again I totally agree with you Ike but how does one even express an interest in becoming involved with the group or even if there is a group to become more involved with?
I think your personal interest has been clearly expressed.

Perhaps the lack of a response is a response in itself...

Waxy
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
christensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
You expect to be taken seriously and this is your attitude ???

No mission statement !!! then what the heck are you doin..

Sorry but you all better get organised if you expect to accomplish anything.. Till then I'll fight my own fight.. THX
2x the site seems to be lacking something .
Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

Waxy
Well there's a good way to get people on your side....

If that is the way this group works, I can perty much see how long ya'll will be taken seriously as you lobby your cause.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
sheephunter

Quote:

Waxy
Really now Waxy....are you basing this on facts or some wild speculation. Please point out anywhere I've expressed my personal interest.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:25 PM

You know...I joined this mailing group and I'm thinking I want off now.....

I hate to be a part of a group that is spending as much time keeping members out as inviting them in and providing guidance on what they are doing as a group. Whats with the secrecy? Seems childish to me.....
Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post
Well there's a good way to get people on your side....

If that is the way this group works, I can perty much see how long ya'll will be taken seriously as you lobby your cause.
Take it for what you will Brady.

It's not a formal lobby group, it's a group of hard working people that are strongly opposed to OS, people that are always looking for like minded people to join the fight.

There'll be more info coming shorty. This isn't a vast conspiracy of secrecy, there just isn't anything typed up and ready to go. There's nothing to hide and no secret agenda.

Please don't be mislead by the insinuations of the few...

Waxy
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM
MAV

It's being a busy morning I'm sure someone will explain it in a bit.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:

It's not a formal lobby group, it's a group of hard working people that are strongly opposed to OS, always looking for like minded people.

Waxy
Okay...I'm like-minded enough....so tell me how to become involved? How does the group 'work hard' on accomplishing things? I'm serious here......so far I havent seen any answers and have only seen minor bickering.....why become involved and tell me more.....you guys have the perfect chance to spread interest and grow membership here......but until people see that you are committed to GROWING and not excluding, I think you're giving people a reason to go elsewhere.....
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Okay...I'm like-minded enough....so tell me how to become involved? How does the group 'work hard' on accomplishing things? I'm serious here......so far I havent seen any answers and have only seen minor bickering.....why become involved and tell me more.....you guys have the perfect chance to spread interest and grow membership here......but until people see that you are committed to GROWING and not excluding, I think you're giving people a reason to go elsewhere.....
See my edit above and MAV's comment, it's coming.

Waxy
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Took a look today and I have to give them credit its the first group that has posted links to the information that is available on OS. More information there than on the AFGA website thats for sure. Have to give them some credit for finding the information and making it available.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:

It's not a formal lobby group, it's a group of hard working people that are strongly opposed to OS, people that are always looking for like minded people to join the fight.

There'll be more info coming shorty. This isn't a vast conspiracy of secrecy, there just isn't anything typed up and ready to go. There's nothing to hide and no secret agenda.

Please don't be mislead by the insinuations of the few...

Waxy

Well perhaps, Waxy, this group should have stated this right from the start. I would think that many of us are "like minded individuals" but it is perty hard to not mix this dialogue, with the "my crap don't stink crowd".

I just can't help but think you folks need more of us "with" you as opposed to without. Numbers speak volumes, we have proven that, and IMHO, we should stick with that.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Oh and let me add too, I think you guys are doing a GREAT thing here, but like I said, the more ####'s you have behind you, the better your result will be.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
There is an e-mail address under the contact us tab on the web site, that would be what I would try to get more involved.
E-mail sent.....

Matthews, I agree that this is the diffinitive souce of info on OSA and my reason for bringing it to the attention of the board here. It seems they lived in relative obscurity until yesterday if their site counter is any indication. I didn't mean to start the Spanish Inquisition here. I thought it was a pretty simple question I asked. (Yes Clash, that was another Monty Python reference...lol)
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

Information like saying a Moose tag Will cost $10,000.00 dollars and an Elk tag $8,000.00 ??? not sure if this is fact or speculation...

I know that they are trying and thats good but in this day and age you have to be careful and be fully aware of what and whom you are getting involved with..

I do not know any of these people I'm sure they are good honest hard working people but if there is no one that is willing to take responsibility or make guide lines or draw out a mission statement then they could take my name as a member and attach it to what ever they would like.. Sorry but some are not in a position to take that risk...

Get organised, get a mission statement get a board of directors and some rules in place then maybe you will be seen as something more than a couple of hot headed rednecks out on a rant !!!

And we already have an organisation that is established and respected in this province that looks out for hunters.. The A.F.G.A. I trust in them,, don't you ???
Old 03-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Default I am in.

signed up!

Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice
http://www.arhj.org
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well perhaps, Waxy, this group should have stated this right from the start. I would think that many of us are "like minded individuals" but it is perty hard to not mix this dialogue, with the "my crap don't stink crowd".

I just can't help but think you folks need more of us "with" you as opposed to without. Numbers speak volumes, we have proven that, and IMHO, we should stick with that.
Brady, with all due respect, where have they stated otherwise? Where have they taken an exlusionary stance? (My comment to TJ aside, which was me speaking for myself, and not in any way on behalf of ARHJ.)

Furthermore, where have they been secretive? They've got more info on OS on their site readily available than anywhere else on the net, including here on AO. Just because someone didn't rush over here to answer questions doesn't indicate guilt or conspiracy. These guys have lives outside ARHJ (which are being neglected) and the AO forum. It's incredibly out of line IMHO to demand things from them as though we're somehow OWED this info, these guys are doing this as volunteers to the best of their ability. Everyone is free to do the same should they so choose.

I don't know why some here are so quick to jump to the conclusion that there is secrecy or conspiracy involved when they have been nothing but straightforward to date.

By all means, join and add your support, not accusations. There is power in numbers.

Waxy
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
bubbasno1

Default Arhj

Here you go guys. Sorry for the delay. Hopefully this will answer some of your questions and probably give you a ton more.

http://www.arhj.org/documents/arhj.doc

Bubba
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
By all means, join and add your support, not accusations. There is power in numbers.
I ask once more...how do you join?????

You can get on a mailing list which I did signup for but no where did I see anything about joining and being counted as a member.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Waxy, my comments were solely aimed at your comment to TJ. Sorry if I misconstrued it to be the thinking of the ARHJ., just didn't seem like a welcoming statement to me.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Information like saying a Moose tag Will cost $10,000.00 dollars and an Elk tag $8,000.00 ??? not sure if this is fact or speculation...

These are the numbers presented by the Open Spaces working Group to cabinet and although they are likely speculative the speculation was not done by ARHJ, whoever they are.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
Here you go guys. Sorry for the delay. Hopefully this will answer some of your questions and probably give you a ton more.

Bubba
Thanks bubba....please disregard my e-mail...this answers all my questions. Thanks again.

It would seem you had some people speaking for your group on here that really weren't aware of what ARHJ is....good to get it from the horse's mouth.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Matthewsarcher already posted response.

Bubba

Last edited by bubbasno1; 03-04-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Already posted
Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM

ARHJ was spawned by a common desire to eliminate the Open Spaces Proposal. Very early on, many members were accused of spreading misinformation and untruths about the OSA proposal. There was a lot of changing information from SRD and the University of Calgary and we found that it was often difficult to keep up. Many Alberta Outdoorsmen members expressed their reluctance or frustrations to read through the numerous threads to find facts and information. A few of us decided to meet and do something in an attempt to rectify the situation.

Similar to what the “Sportsmen of Alberta” did in their quest to expose the Interim Métis Harvest Agreement, we felt that it would be beneficial to dedicate a website to collecting the documentation and facts in regard to Open Spaces Alberta.

I would venture a guess that 99% of the information that is shared among individuals connected to the group also makes it’s presence on the AO boards. The ARHJ board provides a convenient way to consolidate information... old and new.

I do not pretend or purport to represent anyone other than myself. If you happen to agree that Open Spaces Alberta is the most dangerous scheme to resident hunters in Alberta, great! If you do not agree or you remain unsure, I am hoping we can change your mind.

With regard to participation, I think we all recognize that writing the Premier and our MLA’s a letter outlining our opposition is currently our best and most effective tool. Contact information is available on the website. Any other ideas would be most welcome and may also be shared on the AO board or via PM!

Our goal, much like the “Sportsmen of Alberta” website, was to make things easier. Regards, Mike
Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Shooter View Post
ARHJ was spawned by a common desire to eliminate the Open Spaces Proposal. Very early on, many members were accused of spreading misinformation and untruths about the OSA proposal. There was a lot of changing information from SRD and the University of Calgary and we found that it was often difficult to keep up. Many Alberta Outdoorsmen members expressed their reluctance or frustrations to read through the numerous threads to find facts and information. A few of us decided to meet and do something in an attempt to rectify the situation.

Similar to what the “Sportsmen of Alberta” did in their quest to expose the Interim Métis Harvest Agreement, we felt that it would be beneficial to dedicate a website to collecting the documentation and facts in regard to Open Spaces Alberta.

I would venture a guess that 99% of the information that is shared among individuals connected to the group also makes it’s presence on the AO boards. The ARHJ board provides a convenient way to consolidate information... old and new.

I do not pretend or purport to represent anyone other than myself. If you happen to agree that Open Spaces Alberta is the most dangerous scheme to resident hunters in Alberta, great! If you do not agree or you remain unsure, I am hoping we can change your mind.

With regard to participation, I think we all recognize that writing the Premier and our MLA’s a letter outlining our opposition is currently our best and most effective tool. Contact information is available on the website. Any other ideas would be most welcome and may also be shared on the AO board or via PM!

Our goal, much like the “Sportsmen of Alberta” website, was to make things easier. Regards, Mike
Thanks Mike...as I say, great to get the facts!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post

Bubba

Thanx for the link Bubba. I fully realize you guys are devoting a ton of time to this, as I to this board. (too much according to my Wife ) When you guys are ready for full fledged membership, please let me know, as I would be glad to have my name a member of this group, and a voice of this cause. Also until then, and as always, I will continue to let the letters fly.
At this time, that is all I can do to help you folks out, just too busy with all the other things life throws at me at the moment.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Thanx for the link Bubba. I fully realize you guys are devoting a ton of time to this, as I to this board. (too much according to my Wife ) When you guys are ready for full fledged membership, please let me know, as I would be glad to have my name a member of this group, and a voice of this cause. Also until then, and as always, I will continue to let the letters fly.
At this time, that is all I can do to help you folks out, just too busy with all the other things life throws at me at the moment.
I am with you on the wife comment. Good thing she has a boyfriend .

Bubba
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Brady, I don’t know that we have ever considered, nor do we want to consider the ARHJ as a membership group. I personally feel well represented by my participation with groups such as AFGA, ABA, RMEF, DU, PF, etc. All funding to this point has come from our own pockets, and to this point the wife has not figured this out, so I think we are okay.

My understanding of ARHJ (and if I am wrong I hope to be corrected) is that it is much more of a study or research tool that attempts to marry hunters and anglers to information on Open Spaces Alberta.

I appreciate your recognition of the group’s efforts. We continue to research and ask a lot of questions and as answers or facts are revealed we share them. Regards, Mike
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM

Without a doubt the ARHJ guys have gotten more info out, "facts" about OS than any other people, person or group. If it was not for these guys we would have gotten no start fighting OS before the election, rather than just the late start we got because of all the secrecy, and closed doors that shrouded this initiative.

Note to all of the guys that seem to somewhat oppose these guys;
A website linking all available OS info, email registration to stay current, 95+% of all of the "facts" posted on this forum about OS, the fortitude to actually do something rather than just talk about it. All within a few weeks of OS becoming public. Seems they have done a ton in a very short time period.

Thanks for this!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Good point Oko! We get so wound up with our side of the issue it easy to forget that the other side has people and votes too.
Have you talked to people on the landowner side? Or are you just taking peoples word on it that they are happy.

Bubba