Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 PM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
What the he11 is Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice.

Glad you consider me a friend but I'd still be more comfortable calling you by your real name rather than some internet handle.
Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice is a group of individuals who are willing to fight for the rights of Alberta residents as it pertains to hunting. It was hunter but I saw someone else was using it so now it is hunters. Would you like to join. Membership is free.

Why would this matter. I really have know problem calling you Sheephunter and trust me more people call me Bubba than call me by my real name.

Again, Do you have enough information to from an opinion yet?

Bubba the Luv Sponge

Last edited by bubbasno1; 02-13-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasno1 View Post
Alberta Resident Hunters for Justice is a group of individuals who are willing to fight for the rights of Alberta residents as it pertains to hunting. It was hunter but I saw someone else was using it so now it is hunters. Would you like to join. Membership is free.

Why would this matter. I really have know problem calling you Sheephunter and trust me more people call me Bubba than call me by my real name.

Bubba the Luv Sponge
Yes, please send me more info on your group....

You know my real identity, it would just be nice to know yours...we are well past internet handles aren't we? PM if you'd rather but if you really are a hunter for justice...why all the secrecy?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:

You know my real identity, it would just be nice to know yours...we are well past internet handles aren't we? PM if you'd rather but if you really are a hunter for justice...why all the secrecy?
Once our website is finished I will send you a link.

Do I know who you are?

Bubba
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:

"But I grow another foot and lose a bunch of weight
Every time I log in.
Online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm six foot five and I look damn good
Even on a slow day I can have a three-way chat
With two women at one time.
I'm so much cooler online"

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Once our website is finished I will send you a link.

Do I know who you are?

Bubba
If not sorry..this is TJ......

I'll be anxious to see the link.

Never mind, I found out who you are.......and it's not Brad Paisley...lmao
Old 02-14-2008, 12:05 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
"But I grow another foot and lose a bunch of weight
Every time I log in.
Online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm six foot five and I look damn good
Even on a slow day I can have a three-way chat
With two women at one time.
I'm so much cooler online"
That is a nice quote. Unfortunately I really am 6'4" and one fat Son of a gun at 280.

No three way my wife would kill me.

Bubba not even cool online.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:
If not sorry..this is TJ......

I'll be anxious to see the link.

Never mind, I found out who you are.......
Really how did you do that? Oh by the way my name is Brent but you can call me Bubba.

Oh yeah forgot to add this

Bubba

Last edited by bubbasno1; 02-14-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Really how did you do that? Oh by the way my name is Brent but you can call me Bubba.

Oh yeah forgot to add this

Bubba

Brent is fine......and yes I have but you of all people should know why I can't share it.....keep up the good fight!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
That is a nice quote. Unfortunately I really am 6'4" and one fat Son of a gun at 280.
No three way my wife would kill me.
Bubba not even cool online.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
bubbasno1

Quote:
Brent is fine......and yes I have but you of all people should know why I can't share it.....keep up the good fight!
I really prefer you call me Bubba no one calls me Brent.

Bubba
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
I really prefer you call me Bubba no one calls me Brent.

Bubba
Fair enough...Bubba it is
Old 02-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Wow, that was the strangest two pages of posts I've ever read through here.

There is this thing called a PM.

If people's real names are so important, then why doesn't everyone just use them as their ID? Why all the secrecy? Especially if you're a well known or public figure that makes their living from the outdoor community in the first place?

Waxy
Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 PM

Communication to one's club members is only good if the members of the club want to be informed. Speaking for the club I represent, the majority of the members who show up to the meetings are always the same ones, roughly 30 or so out of the 200 that have joined the club. The rest just join to get access to the firing range. Of the 30 that show up regularly, most are well past retirement age, and probably do not own a computer, much less know how to use one. If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have heard a thing about the open spaces project.

Another thing, I am sure we all know hunters that are not part of any club or organization, I've spoken to several. Sure, there has been some outrage, but then when asked to get involved, all I get are a shrug of shoulders. I mean what's the point of being outraged, if you are not willing to write a letter to the editor, or a letter to your local MLA, or heck even join your local club! Most memberships cost less than what it costs for a night of dinner out nowadays.

As for AFGA, there is the possibility that the resolution was written the way it was, so that there would be lots of discussion on the subject at the conference. And when it comes time to vote, the resolution could be soundly defeated which would send a message to the SRD.
Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member Life Member
Old 02-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
As for AFGA, there is the possibility that the resolution was written the way it was, so that there would be lots of discussion on the subject at the conference. And when it comes time to vote, the resolution could be soundly defeated which would send a message to the SRD.
You guys still don't get it do you. This whole process is set up to succeed.
The way it's written if it gets soundly defeated it goes into the garbage and SRD never see's it, so no opposition. This resolution has to be amended or changed to read AFGA is strongly against OSA. Then when it gets passed as being opposed to it then gets forwarded to the Government and SRD has to take notice. Make it read positively opposed to OSA.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Good point, I never even thought that the resolution wouldn't go to SRD if it was defeated. AFGA will in essence not be saying anything and standing mute on the subject the way the resolution is written as when it is defeated it will never go to SRD. Defeated resolutions have never been passed on to SRD only those that pass.

What is really going on here????????

Sheep - any comment?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
You guys still don't get it do you. This whole process is set up to succeed.
The way it's written if it gets soundly defeated it goes into the garbage and SRD never see's it, so no opposition. This resolution has to be amended or changed to read AFGA is strongly against OSA. Then when it gets passed as being opposed to it then gets forwarded to the Government and SRD has to take notice. Make it read positively opposed to OSA.
IS THIS TRUE!?!

It's not that I don't trust you Bruce, I just don't have any experience with AFGA resolutions. Regards, Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM

If you look at any of the previous AFGA resolutions, none of the defeated ones are ever forwarded to SRD this would definately be an exception to what has been done before if it is forwarded.

I looked at the 2005 and 2006 resolutions and none that were defeated were presented that I could see.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
Good point, I never even thought that the resolution wouldn't go to SRD if it was defeated. AFGA will in essence not be saying anything and standing mute on the subject the way the resolution is written as when it is defeated it will never go to SRD. Defeated resolutions have never been passed on to SRD only those that pass.

Sheep - any comment?
There is an interesting thought.

Oh well, looks like it is a done deal.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
As former AFGA president, Randy Collins, described the process to me: "various resolutions from numerous affiliated clubs have been brought forward to the annual AFGA conferences, .................." If passed (and most were), these resolutions were forwarded to the provincial government where the Fish and Wildlife Division took them under advisement

Last edited by MathewsArcher; 02-14-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM

If this is all true and has been conspired to get a desired result, I would suggest the signage above the doors to the Alberta Fish & Game Association’s convention should read:

Alberta Fish & Game Association
100 Year Anniversary
"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"
Old 02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

They've had a year long head start on us and they've done everything they possibly can to rig the fight in their favour. These guys are good, no doubt about it.

We're just going to have to be better.

Waxy
Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
They've had a year long head start on us and they've done everything they possibly can to rig the fight in their favour. These guys are good, no doubt about it.

We're just going to have to be better.

Waxy
Some one please tell me that the Executive of the AFGA are not in partnership with Morton to push this paid hunting program through.

Also some one please tell me that the Executive of the AFGA will not sell their members short on this if they oppose paid hunting.

Last edited by Top Gun; 02-14-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Sharpedge

Default Sad but true

Molto bene, molto bene, Bull Shooter. FOTFLMAO

Sharpedge
Old 02-14-2008, 03:49 PM
SNIPER

[QUOTE=MathewsArcher;112410]If you look at any of the previous AFGA resolutions, none of the defeated ones are ever forwarded to SRD this would definately be an exception to what has been done before if it is forwarded.

QUOTE]

Amendment to the resolution comes to mind.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Before we get too crazy (myself included) perhaps we might get the benefit of an explanation on why the resolution was worded in this way by AFGA executive?

I remember hearing all sorts of talk about "more than one way to skin a cat" and such, and I have not heard any more from these individuals, so maybe there is something more than meets the eye? I do not have any experience with these resolutions in an AFGA setting or where they wind up.

Is there some great master plan to come out of this resolution (passed or defeated) or was it simply miswritten? Any thoughts or ideas? Regards, Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Default If Agfa members are in the loop then why....

I just spent the past while searching thru AGFA and APOS sites as well as SRD sites and found no info prior to Feb. 12 2008 now how is this possible if the stake holders and the project started in March 2007 a full year ago...Hmmmm I guess silence on a prefered issue to those whom make their living from Paid opportunities hunts. Securing access for proffesionals and polititicians with to much money seems to be more the agenda passed on the so-called interested groups consulted. And Yes I am an AGFA member. Here is the recent info I found.http://www.afga.org/
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Not sure on AFGA rules. but is it possible for a resoution to be brought forward at the AGM. Maybe something positive, let it be resolved that AFGA is in support of o/s being scraped until such time the government of Alberta is willing to share all the details. Just a thought but sure would be nice to have a resolution presented to the Gov't, showing AFGA is opposed ( If they actually are that is )
Old 02-14-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanotherbuck2 View Post
I just spent the past while searching thru AGFA and APOS sites as well as SRD sites and found no info prior to Feb. 12 2008
Just Googled it. The info I found is all prior to Feb 12.
Heck I even found a small mention of it in the Edmonton Sun.

January 15 2008 12:47:09
www.afga.org/index.html?func=news&articleID=24

January 18 2008
http://poli.ucalgary.ca/wildlifestew...an18__2008.pdf

February 2, 2008
http://www.edmontonsun.com/OutThere/...2/4808776.html

Jan 16, 2008 11:50 am
http://www.huntingcanadaandbeyond.co...6484b31b1ed52f

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post

Sheep - any comment?
Why would I have a comment...you guys have it all figured out and no matter what anyone says it's not going to matter....I'm done with this paranoid BS...have fun with it all.....please no responses because I'm done with this idiocy.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why would I have a comment...you guys have it all figured out and no matter what anyone says it's not going to matter....I'm done with this paranoid BS...have fun with it all.....please no responses because I'm done with this idiocy.
I'll take that bet!

Waxy