Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Default Best for the bow

What's the best time of year to fish the bow river, I'm from Beaumont so I don't wanna drive all the way to Calgary only to have the river high and productive. I've never tried it before but I wanna hit it a couple times this year, any input would be awesome guys, thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altawhitetail_11 View Post
What's the best time of year to fish the bow river, I'm from Beaumont so I don't wanna drive all the way to Calgary only to have the river high and productive. I've never tried it before but I wanna hit it a couple times this year, any input would be awesome guys, thanks
You will get oodles of replies as to what and where and when,,, right now is really good but as one poster wrote on another Bow Thread, she can be a finnicky one to fish. Just remember to pack two types of tackle, spincasting and flyfishing. and if you are dropping through Calgary just put a post up and I'm sure you'll find a fisherman or two who'll gladly give you a rundown on the water.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM

i can will anytime to fish thebow. right nwo its highy and dirty but still managed to catch fish even in the storm i like to fish it in fall for big browns and cooler weather without the dirtywater