Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 10:52 AM

Default Are you sick too

I don’t know who wrote this but SOMEONE FINALLY put into words what I’ve
been thinking and I couldn't agree more!

I’m sick of covid-19.
I’m sick of black vs. white.
I’m sick of Democrats vs. Republicans. Liberals vs. Conservatives
I’m sick of gay vs.straight.
I’m REALLY sick of the media.

I’m sick of the language being used and plastered all over the media...
I’m sick of no one being allowed to think what they want & feel what they do
without offending someone.

I am sick of the people who are out there jumping on the bandwagon to
protest just to cause mass confusion and more hatred and to riot, loot, and destroy...
I am sick of blaming the world for the sins of a few.
I’m sick of people who think that 500yr. old history is our fault... it’s
history... get over it!!

We’re one race—the human race. We All Matter!!

You want to believe in God? Okay, believe in God.
You want to believe in magical creatures that fly around & sprinkle fairy dust to make life better?
Awesome... you do it!!

BUT how about being mature enough to be able to deal with the fact that everyone doesn’t have the same exact mind-set as you.
Having our own mind is what makes us all individuals and beautiful.

If you can’t handle that fact....I’m sorry!! I don’t have to agree with everything you believe in however you will still be my
friend.

So be a decent human being. Love one another, be kind be humble, be thankful, help a stranger and do a good deed

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Banned

BUT how about being mature enough to be able to deal with the fact that everyone doesn’t have the same exact mind-set as you

This. I just don't get why so many people today think we all have to think exactly as they do. As long as you do no one harm...or interfere with their lives...what is the problem??
Old 08-06-2020, 10:58 AM

I agree that its silly to get mad at someone just because they dont agree with me.
Honestly none of us have the power to change anybody but ourselves.
If everybody on this forum agreed about something its not like the government would say hey these guys on Alberta Outdoorsman said we should do this.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
If everybody on this forum agreed about something its not like the government would say hey these guys on Alberta Outdoorsman said we should do this.
I think we all agree that it is unlikely that we will all agree on something.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:12 AM

Piker, we do all matter. I agree. And before I go further I wanna say I really respect a lot if your posts bud.

Maybe there’s just a few of us that have had long-standing problems..... and have to have our little bit of help to solve the problem.

And it’s not really what we wanna do, but it’s there.... and it needs us working on it or it won’t go away.

Nobody on this board or in Canadian society wanted ANY of these problems... but they’re here.

It’s like the elderly neighbor that needs the drive constantly shoveled.... or the medical accident that you drove up to while on your way to a celebration.

You had nothing to probably do to cause the problem... and yup.. both victims prolly coulda prevented the situation.

And yet... here we are.

My measure of a man is based on the choice one makes when confronted in these situations. Some guys roll up their sleeves and do what must be done. Others refuse to help and then spend a tonne or energy justifying their actions. (I’m being manipulated, exploited.... they deserved it... not me so not my prob... I gave at the office..)

No one wants the massive inconvenience and change that our present circumstances asks of us (social, economic, political, health)........ I know I didn’t..

Again ... yet here we are. It’s here... there’s work to do, it can’t go back to before....
I think a lot of the griping and sniping (and threatening... yup I got threatened lol...) on this board is just guys expressing stress and not really thinking.

That’s ok. It’s stressful.

Yet here we are... there’s work to do.

I know what I’m gon do and have been doing.

What are you gon do?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 08-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I'm going fishing....makes me smile.....happy...happy...happy.

or go for a motorbike ride....

I am at the point that I just sit back and watch the poop storm blow by....use to waste my time getting all ramped up but now...meh...a lot happier that way.

I look at things as help me help you but you gotta be willing to help if not see ya....thank god sports is on cuz the normal daily news was depressing....like it always has been.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-06-2020, 12:25 PM

I'm sick of all the conflicting news out there and Covid regime that changes by the week.

Grizz
Old 08-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Banned

We are barely evolved monkeys. We are still far too selfish to live by truth and real so we choose to spend most of our time living in a fictional world of 'beliefs'. It's so very dangerous to us, we are our own worst enemies.

Not much will change until we start educating our truth, what a human being really is, what we really do. It's pretty straight forward concept yet impossible to educate at this stage in our evolutionary curve, due to our overwhelming selfishness.

While our minds have become amazing tools for progress and advancement in one hand, in the other hand we have multiplied our selfishness to near infinite levels of creativity on how we prey upon one another.

We don't do accountability, we don't admit what we are, we point fingers, anything but look in the mirror.

Welcome to the Human Race. Good news travels slow, growth and the truth travel like that too, bad news travels fast, so do all the bad things we do and any new bad things we come up with to hurt each other with.

The future will start to look brighter when we start looking in the mirror and start educating from tiny children upward, what it really means to be a human being, what we really are...compared to what we 'say' we are, or what we 'want' to be.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:08 PM

I wish I could "Like" a post on this board. Some gooders!
Old 08-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
BUT how about being mature enough to be able to deal with the fact that everyone doesn’t have the same exact mind-set as you

This. I just don't get why so many people today think we all have to think exactly as they do. As long as you do no one harm...or interfere with their lives...what is the problem??
People demand others think the same way they do so that they can feel validated. They don’t have confidence in their own ideas so if everyone is forced to agree with them they are able to sleep more soundly knowing they are not the only idiot . Strength in numbers.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:35 PM

Arrow There's Way too many Whiners here on the AO today ... Sad 😕

Take Note ... 👇

Any questions ❓

Selkirk
Old 08-06-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
We are barely evolved monkeys.

The future will start to look brighter when we start looking in the mirror and start educating from tiny children upward, what it really means to be a human being, what we really are...compared to what we 'say' we are, or what we 'want' to be.
I gather that you don't believe in the evolution of altruism through kin selection. It is, however, comforting to remember that humans have shared with each other and tended to mutual well-being throughout history. Humans have also shown incredible cruelty towards "others".

What do you think we should be doing in regard to education? That is, what do you think it really means to be human?
Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 PM

Totally agree OP, I'm so happy when we get to the lake and dont here the media bs. Out fishing or sitting around the fire with a whiskey or playing some cards, the sickness seems to go away.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:34 PM

Grabbing the popcorn for this one...
Old 08-06-2020, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I gather that you don't believe in the evolution of altruism through kin selection. It is, however, comforting to remember that humans have shared with each other and tended to mutual well-being throughout history. Humans have also shown incredible cruelty towards "others".

What do you think we should be doing in regard to education? That is, what do you think it really means to be human?
I’ll have to google the altruism through kin selection thing. Sounds interesting, will get back to you on that.
I would have to write a book in order to explain the rest but at the highest level i’ll give it a go.

To grow you first need to know where you are starting and where you came from. I’m sure we can all agree on that.

I’m sure we can all agree that we have 10,000 years of recorded human history that actually has our truth, what we do right/well and what we do wrong/poorly.

When you look at this truth you see a couple key things.

1. There is nothing Human Beings do more of on this planet…than Prey on each other.
2. There is nothing we do better on this planet…than Prey on each other.
3. We will choose to view the truth however we like to suit our narrative or our ignorance.

So that’s it in a nutshell. Human Being = People Hunter. What we do to this planet would be number 4. on this list.

It’s such a vast integral part of what we are that it’s hard to briefly explain this, or hard for people to understand it.

When you have a species that aspires to be good/moral/kind etc. but our reality is at best we live up to this at maybe 20% of our populous. Maybe 20% of of us good/moral/kind/lift/give and 80% of us the opposite, bad/immoral/cruel/tear down/take.

This is due to our overwhelming natural driver we can call ‘selfishness’. The good/moral/kind part we can call ‘love’.

If you look around you’ll see how this works. Rather than live in a world of truth and reality we live in a world of fiction and fantasy. We tell ourselves we are the 20% noble and good Humans yet what we will do to each other for $50.00, or some wrong words, or in business, or in politics, or regionally. From singular one on one personal relationships to family units, to communities, to cities, to provinces, to nations. Personal, financial, political, corporately…at every magnitude…we prey on each other. It's as limitless as our imaginations. The longer we go on the more creative we get with our ways to prey on each other.

Examples? Easy ones would be to look at the news every day lol, or our jails, pretty blatant people hunters in jails, next in line would be Trudeau and our current liberal government, Quebec, the layers and levels of this predatory behavior is very deep in this example. This is corporate, political, regional, and personal predation all in one. We/SNC-Lavalin/Sole Source Contracts, take 11 billion from one province then the same year the same province boasts about a 4.5 billion dollar surplus while the giving province is hurting badly? Ya...that's what we do within our own borders, one little example, wonderful Canadians those '80' are eh?. I can tell you which is the more 'Canadian' province in this example and hint...they don't parle francais, we sure are generous and we like to work and give. And when i say we...i mean also all the other Canadians, even from said province, who come here to also work and give. They are our kind of people. The takers are not, and i'll keep driving it home, 80% of us are the takers.

Corporately, even personal relationships show this…whats the divorce rate? 50% and what’s the number one reason divorce is initiated? Ya you know…and if the divorce rate is 50-60…what’s the actual infidelity rate? The stuff that doesn’t get found out etc.? Ya you guessed, 70-80 lol.

We live tribe to tribe, as it suits us, when it suits us, we tell nice little fairy tales about how great we are (to maybe sleep better at night?), and we always point the finger at someone else for the bad stuff. We are masters of deflection. We don't do ownership. That's why we don't educate what we are. Most of us have no clue really, and you wonder why the world is lighting itself on fire? Makes sense to me.

There is a love within us, it’s just not nearly as powerful as the selfishness within us. More will take than give, more will blame than own, more will hurt than help…80/20 selfish/love ratio. Don't forget this ratio, and as you start to look around at everyone and everything in your life you'll see how right i am. The world and this species would be so entirely different if we could flip that ratio to 80 love/20 selfish. We are several mass human tragedies away from even starting to go down this road. Proactive is not what we do, we are last minute larry's and will only go there long past when we should have.

I’ll probably need to write a book.

So, you think you’d get approval from the 80 to start teaching their children our real truth then? They get to go to Johnson's Farm field trip, see the baby chicks grow up and go through the slaughter and then help package them and maybe take some chicken legs home for dinner? LMFAO…yeah right. Instead we tell the story of disney and our friends. Such a dishonest relationship with nature. So there is a perfect example of this 'truth' i am talking about, vs what we'd rather tell ourselves. The truth is we don't turn our iphones on and post on instagram without riding the death of mountains of animals and people. But that's the opposite of what we teach haha.

We send our kids to Johnson’s Farm for a field trip after a liftetime of anthropomorphism (Disney). Then they hit their teens and start getting exposure to the real world and hear that meat comes from animals we kill and you get instant vegans, Peta, WWF, and a bunch of torn up soles because they were lied to their whole lives. No truth. Nothing real. What the hell is wrong with us? Selfishness is wrong with us, not sure why we need to tell ourselves all these lies and breed all this ignorance but it comes back to bite us and cause even greater pain.

In any relationship you've ever had, personal, work, you name it...when did lying end up being the winner in the end? No, the truth is always the path forward. And that's not how we role as a species.

These same lost souls lose their minds and want to lynch someone who shoots an animal they love on another continent where it's a normal part of everyday life (truth) and yet thousands threaten the life of that person. There's something so very wrong with that. And it's our own fault, we taught these people lies, their whole lives.

This applies to what's happening in the USA right now, the amount of misinformation, lies, easily triggered souls from a lifetime of being taught lies, about so many things. We are not good and the more we lie to each other about it the more we will tear each other apart because of it.

Heck, half the educational now is media, how scary is that eh? And who's pulling the strings on that? Scary scary scary. And how to know what's the truth?

We’re earning everything that’s coming to us and we can blame only ourselves and our selfishness.

We won’t take ownership for it though, we will point fingers at many different groups.

Happy Hunting.

p.s. yes, get the popcorn, it could be a gooder

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 08-06-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:08 PM

Beliefs are personal. If you choose to share, some will critique.

But then there are those who not only offer an opposing view, but continue to belittle your beliefs.

I know. Ive done it in the past. Fail to recognize something that is important to someone else. Im sure most of us have done it.

We move on.

I cant apologize on behalf of someone else. There is no substance in it. It is just words. Apologies are more than that.

We cannot change what happened. We can learn from it.

But eventually it has to rest, otherwise it continues. And the reason it continues is some decide to keep it going.

They say "time heals all wounds" ......time is the great equalizer. Those who used to bang rocks together to make music are gone. Replaced by more appeasing sounds. Unless of course banging rocks together is your favourite sound..to that I say "rock on"!!!

I do like the idea behind many of the changes happening today. But the methods and the seemingly constant barrage of individual complaints is becoming counter productive.

Yes. Blacks were slaves. Abolished 200 years ago. Still a lot of remnant ideologies lingering about it. That too shall pass, just not today....tomorrow isnt looking good either.

Those that hang onto these ideologies, both for and against, are the ones giving life to the issue. Once they accept the past and leave it there, the sooner equality will actually exist.

The past cannot be changed. You can tear down statues, burn plantations, change names, and ban flags all you want. The past remains the same. Learn from it and move forward. I believe it is the only option available that everyone can participate in.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

beliefs are the problem

the truth is always there and always accurate

ps that's not an argument to what you just said...just an agreement

and to expand, beliefs are the most dangerous thing, because they are not the truth, so as soon as you choose to believe something other than the truth, and someone else chooses to believe something different....both parties just alienated each other, and ultimately it's powerful enough to be 'to the death' over complete fiction yet because of the inherent nature of 'belief or believing'...it's definition is to me as taking something fictional and making it real

so dangerous

beliefs should not exist, hypothesis sure, but then you can hold hypothesis where they belong and people won't be killing each other over the unknown or fictional
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Beliefs are personal. If you choose to share, some will critique.

But then there are those who not only offer an opposing view, but continue to belittle your beliefs.

I know. Ive done it in the past. Fail to recognize something that is important to someone else. Im sure most of us have done it.

We move on.

I cant apologize on behalf of someone else. There is no substance in it. It is just words. Apologies are more than that.

We cannot change what happened. We can learn from it.

But eventually it has to rest, otherwise it continues. And the reason it continues is some decide to keep it going.

They say "time heals all wounds" ......time is the great equalizer. Those who used to bang rocks together to make music are gone. Replaced by more appeasing sounds. Unless of course banging rocks together is your favourite sound..to that I say "rock on"!!!

I do like the idea behind many of the changes happening today. But the methods and the seemingly constant barrage of individual complaints is becoming counter productive.

Yes. Blacks were slaves. Abolished 200 years ago. Still a lot of remnant ideologies lingering about it. That too shall pass, just not today....tomorrow isnt looking good either.

Those that hang onto these ideologies, both for and against, are the ones giving life to the issue. Once they accept the past and leave it there, the sooner equality will actually exist.

The past cannot be changed. You can tear down statues, burn plantations, change names, and ban flags all you want. The past remains the same. Learn from it and move forward. I believe it is the only option available that everyone can participate in.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-06-2020, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I did a quick google on that altruism thing, hive mentality, sort of related, interesting. I like it, come together as group for the greater good, we do this currently but in all these micro tribes within a species. We do this but not at a species level yet. Tribe mentality. Same thing. How do we get onto one tribe though? Without borders, where our efforts aren't spent hunting one another but rather lifting one another? What does our planet and species look like then?

I like Gene Roddenberry's version better though.

Warp 9 number 1, engage.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:12 PM

Really good post Stinky.

However, anthropologists might suggest the competitive ‘true nature’ of humans to be possibly otherwise.... and dependent on the environment....

This book is a real interesting read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

Guns,Germs and Steel ... and the fate of human societies...

I’m sure in this day and age there’s a shortened version floating around.... as it’s a super dry read.....
Old 08-06-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Really good post Stinky.

However, anthropologists might suggest the competitive ‘true nature’ of humans to be possibly otherwise.... and dependent on the environment....

I’m sure in this day and age there’s a shortened version floating around.... as it’s a super dry read.....
That guns germs and steel was actually a TV mini series a while back on I cant remember which station might have been knowledge or pbs but that host was a real left wing apologist.
Yeah sure,everything wrong with the world is because of people like me. Hahaha
Old 08-06-2020, 09:51 PM

Boy

That’s quite the response about something you didn’t read.

You might just be verifying my first post.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
That guns germs and steel was actually a TV mini series a while back on I cant remember which station might have been knowledge or pbs but that host was a real left wing apologist.
Yeah sure,everything wrong with the world is because of people like me. Hahaha
No he wasn't. He was a realist. We are where we are due to luck, necessary technology, and biology.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-06-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Really good post Stinky.

There are dry sections, but well worth it.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:50 PM

And don’t get me wrong..... Stinky could be totally right.

Great piece BTW Stink...

I just offered it up because much of what we seem to look at to determine human nature seems to be from 5000 BC to now.

Humans are 100 000 years old or so according to anthropological stuff.... and them societies were quite different in their form and function it seems.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
No he wasn't. He was a realist. We are where we are due to luck, necessary technology, and biology.
You might not have noticed but my comment was about the TV show host. Not a personal attack about the forum member who gave the link. ( smiles).
Old 08-07-2020, 08:48 AM
Banned

I will pick up this book, sounds like a good read.

I haven't really studied this topic, just my personal take on us from 47 years on the planet so far. I wish we weren't like this but i can't make up a story to tell myself or anyone else that we are any different. The truth is the most accurate data, it's the only data that matters, but we put our heads in the sand, or make up lies, because we don't like what we see in the mirror and we are far too selfish for ownership and accountability. Which are required before growth can occur and we can get on the same team. Team Human, will be a very elusive goal for us for a long long time. Barely evolved monkeys, we know just enough to be really dangerous, that's where we are on the curve.

Heck, the majority of our 7 billion humans "believe" we are so special that we deserve to live forever. There's your ratio of truth/belief right/wrong right there. "Belief/Believing"...the most dangerous thing we do and it's the most deadly thing to our species, and the planet.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Heck, the majority of our 7 billion humans "believe" we are so special that we deserve to live forever.
Well, some of us believe that we don't deserve to take another breath, let alone live forever. But that's a topic we can discuss over a couple of beers, sometime.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:03 AM

Default Honestly....

Quote:
I will pick up this book, sounds like a good read.

I haven't really studied this topic, just my personal take on us from 47 years on the planet so far. I wish we weren't like this but i can't make up a story to tell myself or anyone else that we are any different. The truth is the most accurate data, it's the only data that matters, but we put our heads in the sand, or make up lies, because we don't like what we see in the mirror and we are far too selfish for ownership and accountability. Which are required before growth can occur and we can get on the same team. Team Human, will be a very elusive goal for us for a long long time. Barely evolved monkeys, we know just enough to be really dangerous, that's where we are on the curve.

Heck, the majority of our 7 billion humans "believe" we are so special that we deserve to live forever. There's your ratio of truth/belief right/wrong right there. "Belief/Believing"...the most dangerous thing we do and it's the most deadly thing to our species, and the planet.
Yours and Randy’s posts are reasons why I have faith in the average Canadian.

Both your posts are way more insightful than my meanderings.

And it’s just a book. I didn’t meant to discount your guys’s life experience..... that’s hugely more valuable.

And it completely sucks as a read.... not what yad call a page turner.

I’m hittin a river today with a good bud. Cheers.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Well, some of us believe that we don't deserve to take another breath, let alone live forever. But that's a topic we can discuss over a couple of beers, sometime.
Well that's not very Team Human of you lol. We've certainly let ourselves down, or maybe the best way to say it is...we certainly haven't lived up to our potential. There's plenty of argument for getting together and repairing, building, lifting so there are less of us that could more easily be 'trimmed' off in the name of efficiency lol.

The truth is, we are no different than any other animal on the planet, we are just one of them. When it's lights out it's lights out, anything else is just hypothesis. So do we want to go through our one stop here greedy af, stand on the heads of as many as possible to get as much as possible from it? Or would it be more rewarding and a better life to be apart of the team and lift and help the team? Hmmm

Currently where we are on the curve is always only a few breaths away from anarchy. We have brief periods and glimpses of civilized society and what could happen if could learn to be a species Team instead of on hundreds of micro tribes trying to stand on as many other micro tribes as we can.

What happened to 'do unto others'. Or 'you will never regret being kind'? One thing seen on the news and all that goes out the window in a heartbeat. We are civilized? LMAO, we sure do pretend don't we. My what a story we tell each other to sleep at night. So many lies.

Sure hope we start educating our truth one day. It is the ONLY path to growth.