Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Default Snow in Grande Prairie.

After looking at the snow in Edmonton thread, I thought it was only fair to post some pics to encourage you about your situation. This is what it looks like here today....I got stuck twice with my cargo van (no 4x4 obviously, I should have stayed home but you know how it is when you are taking care of customers), and then had a tractor trailer try and back out of the supplier's driveway, and take out my grill and mess up my hood. Merde!

This is the Yaris that my girls drive, they won't be going anywhere soon. Notice the yard light poking out of the snow....it is over 8' tall.

My house with a lovely snow load on the roof....

Neighbor's drive, which we have also been helping keep clean as he is a bit under the weather currently...

And this is what it looks like for me to get out of my driveway, a bit dicey to say the least. I think I'm going to make a few hot rum toddies and wait for spring. City still hasn't sent a plow into my neighborhood this year.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Crappy pic... But this is what my sled looked like this morning..

Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM

What sled....?

I was just thinking, with all the snow shovelling going on, it would be a crappy time to have a heart attack, because no ambulance is ever going to get into the residential neighborhoods....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Spent yesterday shoveling roofs. 6000 square feet of them to be exact! Had a couple of drifts that were almost chin height. Today I spent 6 hours in the skid steer cleaning roads and parking lots. At noon the highway by my place was still a one lane.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM

I'd kill for a skid steer right about now. I had a nice Thomas 173 when I was in Winnipeg, and sold it when I moved back here. Now I kick myself. Chain it up and drive it to work today!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
lemmotlow

Can we place bets on the make of your sled? Looks like a cat to me. Keep on the funny side, it helps.