Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2007, 12:12 AM
sausage stuffers

Default sausage stuffers

Would like to pick up a sausage stuffer. Have a good grinder, but doesn't stuff that easily. Anyone have them for personal use? Don't want to go with the cast iron pusher. Would like to get either a horizontal or vertical hand crank/screw type. Also, anyone have any experience with the Dakota Water Stuffers that Halford Hide has? Thanks in advance for all the replies and info.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 PM
buckshoot

We use one of the antique cast iron ones, that hand cranks vertically. Holds about 15 pounds of meat at one time and an ice cream pail lid makes a tight seal. Makes a few hundred pounds of sausage every year.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
nafegavas

I have a 5lb vertical from CTR. Excellent unit, just a little small for large batches. Beats the hell outa running them off the grinder.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Andrzej77

They have Stainless Steel 8 LBS pusher on sale at Princess Auto...but I dont have experience with those. I have Cabalas #32 SS grinder and stuffs very well with SS one piece funnells.Using stock plastic funels was very difficult.
As to vertical or horizontal is just matter of space the first takes less.
CTR had vertical stuffers 5 lbs for 99$...They are listed on buysell.com
Hope this helps...
Andrew
Old 05-12-2007, 05:14 AM
sausage stuffer

Default sausage stuffer

I have one made by the Hutterites in Reward, Sask. It is 6" diameter clear lexan with 15 lb. capacity, powered by water. It hooks up to your sink waterspout and you control the speed of output with a valve that controls the water input. I guess that it would be considered hydraulic. It is energy efficient in that it minimizes the use of energy, my energy. I have had it for 20 years and use it on a regular basis. It has not given me a moments trouble over that time. I will try to post a picture. It is simple enough to build if one had a lathe.