Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Default Blind Interference

This morning I went to my blind location; there parked on the road, overlooking a field adjacent to my blind was a guy in a truck. He was watching the field for game right out in the open from the cab of his truck! I did not want to confront him; nowadays; he has a gun and I never know what he’d do! I drove around for the next hour and checked occasionally until he finally left. I parked my truck away from the opening and took my toboggan loaded my stuff and headed over to my blind. This blind is situated on private property and I have permission to have it there and hunt on this property. When I got to my blind I saw boot tracks in the snow coming from the opposite direction from which I came. The tracks went back the way they came! They seemed pretty fresh; now whether that person was pushing bush towards his partner sitting in the truck; I’ll never know. Maybe he saw me coming!
A week ago I had a Mr. Heater stolen from the blind! Trail cameras aren’t the answer, because they’d get stolen too! I took down this guy’s license plate # and description of him and his truck. What else can I do?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:22 PM

Chat with the landowner. He might give you some ideas
Old 11-14-2019, 05:58 AM

The only trouble is that the land owner lives about an hour’s drive away from there. He rents out the crop part. The rest is just bush and open areas for hay. I would have loved to come through the East end of the property and come out at the opening that the fellow was watching and waving at him! The renter hasn’t taken the crop off yet, so the East access was impossible at this time.🤔

Last edited by NW Tradegunner; 11-14-2019 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Auto correct screwed up again!
Old 11-14-2019, 08:25 AM

You’re operating on someone else’s property. Unless you are acting as an agent on his behalf, there is nothing you can do, other than hunt elsewhere.