Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 PM

Default Access for Whitetail Doe (or Buck) in WMUs 310-314

This may be a long shot, but here we go...

I’ve already filled my general whitetail tag for this year hunting crown land, but I’m sharing a good portion of the meat with a friend’s family member who has a young family and could use the meat, but hasn’t been able to get out himself this year due to family circumstances.

As such, I’m looking to pick up a supplemental tag in WMUs 310-314, and as almost all of the land is private in these areas, is there anyone with property that would be willing to allow me to harvest a doe (or buck if that’s fine - not looking for a trophy deer, just meat).

I would be more than willing to provide any help I can for a couple of weekends around your property in exchange for the access, whether it be now or during any other time it’s needed. I didn’t get around to talking to landowners in advance, as I didn’t anticipate the need, so I do realize this is pretty late in the game to be asking.

Any consideration is much appreciated, thanks!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 06:41 PM

You're going to fill your supplemental tag with a buck?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:50 PM

Some of the hardest land to get permission. Along with the offer for direct compensation for access...someone didn’t think this through
Old 11-08-2019, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the correction teberle! To be honest I've never gotten a supplemental tag before, so didn't realize they're for doe only (slightly embarrassing haha). Should make sure to read a bit closer next time apparently

I can't find out how to edit my post now...
Old 11-09-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt88 View Post
Thanks for the correction teberle! To be honest I've never gotten a supplemental tag before, so didn't realize they're for doe only (slightly embarrassing haha). Should make sure to read a bit closer next time apparently

Well technically they're for 'antlerless' deer, which may or may not be female. But yeah I'd definitely say read all the way through the regs 2 or 3 more times. Each time you go through, you'll notice some detail you missed the previous time. A 'small' mistake can get you in deep ***t with the law.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:43 PM

I can’t help you over there, but if you find yourself in east central Alberta PM me. My in-laws would love to thin a few does off the farm.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt88 View Post

They aren't necessarily. Better read carefully.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:05 PM

Thanks, the guidance is honestly appreciated. Still relatively new to hunting, and will be doing my reading of the regulations a few more times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk