Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Bass Pro

Just drove by today and it's lookin sweet!! Even has the sign up so we can all breath a sigh of relief...BPS is actually here!!! Can't wait for it to open Now we just need that rumor of Cabelas coming here to come true.

Screw Wholesale & Russels!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Chironomid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Just drove by today and it's lookin sweet!! Even has the sign up so we can all breath a sigh of relief...BPS is actually here!!! Can't wait for it to open Now we just need that rumor of Cabelas coming here to come true.

Screw Wholesale & Russels!!!
Yup got the sign up and the canadian flag. I can't believe all the engineering they're doing there too, building more roads. It's going to be awesome when it's finished.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 PM

Has anyone heard a projected opening date?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Chironomid

In an ideal business, the christmas season would be smart for them, but looks like it is a long ways off.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 AM

I'm just wondering where they're going to get all their staff from? With the shortage of workers in the Calgary region I can't believe they are going to be able to get enough workers. They are sort of like the Wallmart of fishing stores and I highly doubt they're going to pay much more than $12 an hour for staff. I can't see many people driving from Calgary to work there and how many people are there in Airdrie that are going to be looking for work?

Time will tell though.

Will I shop there? You bet I'll be there. At least once to see what all the hype is about. Will I go a second time? We'll have to see how the first visit goes.

Rob
Old 07-24-2008, 06:31 PM

They were scheduled to open in October but I can't see anything opening in that area until water is available.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM

Their website is now saying they will be opening in 2009. It was supposed to be October as per the staff in Vegas when I was there a few months ago. I guess they had a mini release of some sort down there and announced a "firm yet unofficial date". I would be willing to bet they are po/ed at missing the Christmas season.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:02 AM

Late spring early summer 2009 I herd they are not goiing to hire any one till feb march