Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Talking Wife Will Never Touch That Gun Again

http://www.videotiger.com/wifewillne...ainvideo.shtml

Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM

That was stupid and dangerous as hell.....that husband is a complete idiot....
Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
True...but I was waiting for her to turn around and open up on him..

I guess that would fall under the dangerous part..
Old 07-22-2008, 12:25 PM

So much for getting that woman into the sport..... the hand that rocks the cradle buddy, think about it.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Not the smartest move he could have made but yet funny just a good thing she didnt turn and start shooting at him (given the gun was loaded).
Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 AM

Default should get a fine for stupidity

judging by the backwoods accent, sounds like there should be a kid playing a banjo in the background and a couple of cousins looking for urban piggies. The local law should seize the video and charge the idiot for unsafe handling of a firearm and slap him for just being stupid!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 AM

I gotta agree with rack on this one.. That guys is an idiot.. wow..!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 AM

i found the humour in that. Judging by the way she seemed to have no clue what she was doing, i would assume the husband laid the gun out for her to handle, empty and safe. He then knew she was nervous about the thing, so he made his approach with the firecrackers and caught a priceless moment on film.

Some of you guys are just too uptight. A little relaxing and humour will go a long way.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 AM

Default ........

Yup........... Idiot!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
completely agree, stupid ******* that guy,

practical jokes NEVER involve firearms,

an attitude I got from a very convincing drill sergeant 25 years ago and never let go off. I have lost friends and hunting partners because of that but so be it.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 PM

LMAO.....no harm in an unloaded gun and a couple of firecrackers.

Husbands revenge.....sounds like she deserved it

As far as practical jokes with firearms.....I cranked a buddies scope (returned the favour from two years before) and watched him miss a MONSTER bou 3 times before I handed him mine

tm
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Wow....some of you sound like you've never handled firearms or dont have much respect for one...

A firearm is a WEAPON.....it should never be used for jokes and should ALWAYS be treated as if its loaded. I take great offense to anyone using a firearm as a prop for a gag......and it amazes me that there are actually outdoorsmen here who think that part is funny....

If you find humour in playing with a firearm....wake up.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 PM

Hey Robag and 220swifty......your sense of humour is welcome in any camp I'm in......but I guess we'll have to wake up and gain some respect for firearms

You should see what I can do with electricity

tm

Last edited by Tundra Monkey; 07-23-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Gone Hunting

All the fellas saying that was funny need to SERIOUSLY CONSIDER """stop and think before acting or speaking""",,,, probuably would be a good idea to start this morning boys......

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 AM

Some of you guys have your balloon knot pulled way to tight. As far as a firearm being a weapon, it is only a weapon when you use it to cause harm to other people. Any other time, it is a tool. The same can be said about hammers, screwdrivers, forks, knives, keyboards, remote controls, and so on.

I was shooting trap a couple years back with a friend and his father. His father was loading a single shot and passing us the gun to shoot the clay. (at this point in time, i will point out that we were well away from civilization and knew very well what our backstop was) After a few rounds, and my small statured friend getting comfortabel behind a 12 ga, his father decided to up the charge on him a bit. He jumped the load from a 2 3/4" target load to a 3" slug without telling his boy. Anybody who has seen the videos of the guys shooting .577 Tyrannosaur will have a good idea what went on when my buddy was suprised by a full on slug load while expecting a lite target load.

No harm was done, except that a recently emptied shotgun hit the ground.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Actually there Swifty,, it isnt funny, and neither is a prank like you just mentioned. If you are trying to introduce someone to firearms(which im assuming,, as the gun needed to be loaded before being handed to the shooter,,,thats a little beyond me to begin with???) you dont attempt to hurt them. I bet you a dollar your friend has a flinch from pure stupidity, none of which would appear to be his own... Stop and think man. Oh, and besides all that, what the hell would you know, you just said that 2 years ago you were being handed a single shot with a round in it before you were able to shoot the target...???? BTW,,Kill any of those northern whitetails lately thay have those great genetics for throwing dark horn????

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

that was funny as hell whats even funnier tho is our local self rightous do gooders that are on the trail again trying to save us all from ourselves lighten up man have a laugh it does'nt hurt you to smile just try it you'll see.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Tori

Smile

"to each there own" but man That was funny thanks for shareing .still laughing
Old 07-24-2008, 04:06 PM

So would it have been as funny if it was two kids playing the prank on eachother???

But ya.....its not like we're supposed to be out there promoting the shooting sports as a safe bunch of guys that have respect for their firearms and other people handing them in a safe manner....
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM

Going to have to throw in with the "THAT'S A REALLY STUPID THING TO DO, NOT FUNNY AT ALL" crowd on this one. I love a good practical joke as much as anyone, especially when it involves scaring the sh*t out of someone, but screwing around with a gun like that?, come on you guys, give your head a shake, they're not toys. I see no humor in that video what so ever, and in today's "ultra sensative to anything gun related society" it's not really something for public display. First thing they teach you in gun safety training is treat every gun like it's loaded, even when you know it isn't. The guy in that video is an idiot, and you know what, the video is probably staged and fake, making it even more stupid.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Some of you guys have your balloon knot pulled way to tight. As far as a firearm being a weapon, it is only a weapon when you use it to cause harm to other people. Any other time, it is a tool. The same can be said about hammers, screwdrivers, forks, knives, keyboards, remote controls, and so on.
Actually...a firearm is a weapon...plain and simple. When used responsibly it can be used for sport or for hunting purposes and can be done so safely. But to compare a firearm to a hammer or a screwdriver is just ignorant. But hey...I guess if thats the case then any kid should be able to run around playing with firearms the same way they play with keyboards?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Have any of you even watched the clip closely. If you watch close enough the very untraind women with the gun is pulling the trigger on the gun with alot of force and looking to see why its not going off. So what do you think the chances are that he put the gun there unloaded with the safty on and did all of that just to get her to leave his sh**t alone.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Hellooooooo....for all you Range Masters in training.......the gun was UNLOADED......laughed at it again tonight

I'm pretty sure the frying pan he got smoked with that night while he was sleeping was ALOT more dangerous

tm
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
But ya.....its not like we're supposed to be out there promoting the shooting sports as a safe bunch of guys that have respect for their firearms and other people handing them in a safe manner....
Looks to me like he was......don't touch my stuff if you don't know what you're doing......I'm pretty sure it sunk in

tm
Old 07-24-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Actually there Swifty,, it isnt funny, and neither is a prank like you just mentioned. If you are trying to introduce someone to firearms(which im assuming,, as the gun needed to be loaded before being handed to the shooter,,,thats a little beyond me to begin with???) you dont attempt to hurt them. I bet you a dollar your friend has a flinch from pure stupidity, none of which would appear to be his own... Stop and think man. Oh, and besides all that, what the hell would you know, you just said that 2 years ago you were being handed a single shot with a round in it before you were able to shoot the target...???? BTW,,Kill any of those northern whitetails lately thay have those great genetics for throwing dark horn????
Yeah, your balloon knot has obviously been tightened by a winch truck. As i reflected back on this incident, it was back in high school, and i realised a couple actually meant about 10 years back. We wont get into my knowledge on firearms, I wouldn't want to appear a condescening *******, there are more than enough of those around. As far as the dark horn comment goes, i assume you mean antler, as that is what grows on deer. Good job on remembering that though, and i will admit i learned a bit about deer on that one. I like to shoot them, not study them. I am a hunter, not a biologist.

Oh yeah, I still feel fine laughing at this clip.

rack,

My take on the following definition is against humans, that is where my opinion comes from. People who want to take your guns will tell the world at large that they are weapons, and that the average person does not need a weapon. Perhaps your profession (customs agent, IIRC) has taught you to watch for weapons and that is why you are so adimate about it. Also, by comparing keyboards to guns, i meant a keyboard becomes a weapon when you start swinging it at someone the way a gun becomes a weapon when you draw a bead on a person.

Quote:
noun 1 a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage. 2 a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Good try Swifty....yet you fail to realize that doesnt matter what career you're in....a firearm is a weapon and should be treated as such. Safely, securely, and with professionalism.

The same people who are trying to take your firearms away are the ones that are going to look at this video in a bad light. But hey....if thats fine with you then I guess it dont matter as they're just 'tools'....

Answer me my question.....would it be the same funny joke if 2 kids were doing it? Say maybe 5-7 year old???? I'm guessin your take would be different.....
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM

I'll even go as far to say this.....

If you think a firearm is a tool....then admit the fact that its a tool that needs to be treated with respect and the utmost safety and security. It CAN be a dangerous tool, and for the same reason I dont 'play jokes' with a tool that can cause death or serious bodily harm, I dont think its very funny to watch someone else do it....

As a firearm owner who is obviously concerned about the people who want to take their firearms away, it doesnt bother you to watch someone screw around with something that most treat with amazing respect????!?!??
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Just an observation on the career thing, not trying to discredit you.

As far as what the people trying to take our guns are seeing, i no longer give a ****. They have got us so far backwards that we are now censoring ourselves to keep the public happy, letting them win in other words. Those fellas that had SWAT descend on them in Vancouver are a prime example. If all of our neighbors got used to seeing us walk out to our vehicles with our guns every time we made a trip to the range or to the feild, then it would soon be a non issue. Instead we all try to be as discreet as possible, making it an outragous and shocking newsworthy incident each time we are spotted with an uncased firearm. The public has been brainwashed that guns are bad, and we have helped by hiding the fact that we, as law abiding friendly neighbors, have them.

This all being said, my appeciation in the humour of this video in no way degrades my appreciation for firearm safety. I will admit that a gun is much more dangerous in unsafe hands than a keyboard, and that is why i would not allow a 5-7 year old to pull this prank with his buddies. This is a different story, however, as it is two responsible adults, one of whom, i am assuming, knows his firearms safety rules and takes them into consideration while assisting his wife in loading her panties.

As far as my view on a gun and a weapon, that is just how i see it.

Thank you for keeping your debate respectful, a restraint that i know is sometimes lost on the internet.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 PM

after having been labeled "self righteous do gooder", "uptight" and "balloon knot too tight" (I don't even know wtf that means) I say it again:

Practical jokes NEVER EVER involve firearms.

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. If you disagree I don't want to hunt with you and I prefer not to be at the range at the same time as you.

The only things I feel equally strongly about are alcohol while hunting and "scoping". (don't take me wrong and acccuse me of being uptight again, I drink in hunting camps, when the hunting is over and the guns are cased for the day).

and with that I'm out of this thread.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Tori

Smile What Drama

WOW what drama I fell sorry for some of you self righteous ,"uptight",persons if you want to live your lifes full of ( WHAT IF'S )go ahead life is to short .The fact is it wasn't two kids let's say 5-7 years old Nice try .

From what i can see no one got hurt Just scareddam good one i might "to each there own ".Thank's for shareing the clip robag very funny