Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Default Where to rent cabins?

The family and I are wanting to rent a cabin for a week in July or August even September. We would definately like a beach and fishing, doesn't matter the species. Within five or six hours of Red Deer, so parts of BC are not out of the question. Could afford up to $1000 for a week. Playground a must also. I have a boat but would depend on the lake if I would take it. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Mostly interested in Cranbrook area, would be nice to get a bass this year!

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM

bump
Old 07-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Default Cabins for rent

I purchased a small resort in Sask. last fall. My wife and I have been working hard to get this place noticed. Web site www.shadyvaleresort.com I realize this maybe stretching your 6 hour drive but, I have done the B.C. camping thing and all the traffic and noisey campgrounds wasn't my cup of tea. Our resort is very close to good fishing. We are also open year round, yes even when it is -35. Snowmoblilers love it here, lots of snow and miles of trails and even groomed runs. Just thought I would suggest you might want to consider driving East for a change. I also camped once at Peck lake out near Meadow lake it was nice out there too. Please feel free to give me your opinions of the resort.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Go to Ama and get the alberta accomidations guide , same as the bc one theres a section in there for cabins I think its the accomidation guide maybe its the campground but I know one of them have it . Im trying to find my copy so I can tell you .
Old 07-23-2008, 06:30 PM

Default shadeyvale resort

Just previewed your website, looks like you have a pretty nice setup. Whats the whitetail population like around there? And is there any nearby crown land for hunting on? It would be pretty nice to stay in one of the cabins instead of a tent for a fall holiday!

"It is not the shirt on the man, but rather the man in the shirt"
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Default Thanks for your inquiry soreneck

Yes there are a few whitetails around, but we do not allow hunting on the resort property. Some of our guests would object to stepping over gut piles while hiking on our trails. There are no "game poles" next to the cabins, but we can be discrete if need be. There is a large community pasture (woodlot) only six miles from here full of moose, deer, elk and wolves. Land owners also seem to be willing to let hunters in to. We had a moose hunter in last fall and he got his moose after a few days. Goose hunting is big out here too! If anyone is thinking of coming out this way and need more info contact us at pamela@shadyvaleresort.com
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 PM

If you can stretch it out a little, you would probably enjoy these places in B.C. Not too expensive. Might offset the cost of fuel.

http://dutchlake.com/cabinprices.htm

http://www.elysiaresort.com/photogallery.html

http://www.crookedlakeresort.ca/the_lodge.htm

http://www.wellsgraycountry.ca/visit...wgc/index.html

Not sure about beaches and the water's a little nippy. Horsefly has a little beach at the provincial park campground. Crooked caters to hunters in the fall. For sure you'd have a great time at any of these places.

Cheers!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Check out Moyie In BC it is rate near Cranbrook. I think that Kimberly has cabin rentals, but they might not be near water.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 AM

Another one in Sask. is www.delaronderesort.com
Absolutly beautiful...good fishing, nice beach, playground for the kids, free firewood, camping or cabin rental, fully stocked store...etc,etc,etc!
Check it out!