Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
I know where I found that info... You haven't answered my question. Do you expect me to divulge my and my father's personal info to satisfy your curiosity?? Would you be willing to do the same if I asked you for that??????

I thought not....

Besides, I could provide till I'm blue in the face, and you'd still deny I'd bet...

As I said, the info is there in other places... You just have to dig a little...

I'd be more than happy to provide proof of anything that I claim to be true, I'd actually not rest until the proof was verified by an impartial entity and spread to as many interested parties as possible. I'd actually assume that people would consider my information questionable and me of undetermined authenticity until such a point.

Do YOU believe every bit of info provided by nameless strangers that you read on the internet? Well there you go.....
Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'd be more than happy to provide proof of anything that I claim to be true, I'd actually not rest until the proof was verified by an impartial entity and spread to as many interested parties as possible. I'd actually assume that people would consider my information questionable and me of undetermined authenticity until such a point.

Do YOU believe every bit of info provided by nameless strangers that you read on the internet? Well there you go.....
Well, that's just it. To me, it's not worth being possibly sued into bankruptcy over showing people bills and payment receipts for something that essentially amounts to a curiosity for 99% of the people. Besides, from actual experience, most people wouldn't understand what they were looking at anyways. So, the risk isn't worth it to me...

So, it's easier to just say to look on the internet, or to walk into the cafeteria and ask one of the servers... When I was last in there in around 2010, they were still serving organic...

Dad and I would go to trade shows, and get into it with the execs of a few chemical companies so badly you'd think they actually hated each other... After a bit dad and the exec would shake hands, and as dad was leaving, they'd call after him, "I'm placing my regular order again. When can you have it ready?"

As a side note, it's not really known that Monsanto and Bayer both tried to muscle in on the organic fertilizer/soil amendment market around 2007 IIRC. They tried to get dad to design one that was certifiable as organic, but hard to reproduce for them. It just wasn't possible. Unless they had an army of folks out there buying up everything that was natural and decaying, it was still available... It includes everything from every fisherman's cast off fish pile to every manure pile. And a bunch of stuff not covered under that blanket... Those companies gave up as not interested because they couldn't control the market, and therefore prices...

All the above being said, I have been drug to meeting with the execs of these companies since I was around 13. There were a lot of little thing that on their own came to nothing, but added together makes me think that they knew in the mid 90s, and possibly before... An exec saying that all the pensions for government workers of all levels were being heavily invested in agritech companies and pharmaceutical companies... Dad made the cancer causing accusation to them many times, and never was there an actual denial, just a deflection. A comment that it was a pity that farm kids were seeming to die off at a younger age and that it was a pity... (neighbors daughter died of an extremely rare form of leukemia here a year ago. She was 20. They were heavy users of chemicals. Both his sons are very ill and sickly as well) These were notable ones off the top of my head. But that would never stand up in a court... They would merely say it was conjecture...

As a side note, all one has to do is look at the increase in the cancer rate in the last 40 years, and what has been a major shift in agriculture in the same time period to maybe draw a correlation... Occam's razor and all that...

As for believing everything I read some stranger say on the internet, I can understand that... That's why I said to do your own research. Studies from Europe since the release of roundup, and a few prerelease trials have shown that roundup and many other chemicals can cause cancers. A lot of them are available on the internet to read. The chemicals have survived on the market so long because of lack of public outcry, and that these companies' lawyers are so good at deflecting, and their scientists are good at picking studies apart to identify some small (read minuscule) factor to call the results into possible question... That's why those lawyers get paid $1200-1500 an hour.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Default Further developments in this story

Monsanto ordered to pay $289M to man with cancer in the first of over 400 cases filed under U.S. federal MDL (multidistrict litigation) laws. According to the articles, the decision hinged on the fact that internal Monsanto documents showed that their executives were aware of the link between their products and cancer in humans, but chose to hide the information.
If true, it also highlights the level of incompetence/corruption in the U.S. EPA.
Links:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/healt...ict/index.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/4382251/m...hosate-cancer/

Stay safe out there, this stuff can kill you.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-11-2018, 12:13 PM

I remember Dr.Oz even taking heat back in 2015 over this.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/monsan...zation/204652/
Old 08-11-2018, 01:04 PM

Another conspiracy theory becomes another conspiracy fact.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:14 PM

It's too much money. They won't be able to afford it, will declare bankruptcy/shut down, and pepe will get nothing.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 PM

The real interesting thing is that Bayer bought Monsanto earlier this year for 62+ billion.

On a side note if heard it told that anyone born in Alberta after 1940 was born of the chemical age and were exposed to chemicals right from the womb.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 08-11-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Here's the problem, my family has been threatened before for divulging this info... Lawsuits, and the like... Would likely bankrupt us if I did show proof... Bankrupt is still bankrupt even if it's a nuisance suit... It's not a justice system... It's a legal system...

Would you still be willing to show based on my curiosity under those threats if the situation was reversed?? I can make all the allegations I want on a public forum... They'll leave my family alone... Provide a scrap of proof?? That's when the problems start...

Irony is, if you walk into their cafeteria, and ask, and they'll tell you straight up, and it's on their website.... That's why I told you to do your own research...
If it will put your mind at ease, they could sue you just for making the comments you made already. There is no requirement for them to wait until you post documents. Of course if the documents themselves are confidential, stolen, counterfeit, or subject to an NDA then there would be other legal issues involved.
FWIW there is a Bayer crop sciences HQ near me right now. The staff eat at the fast food restaurants across the street from it.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:16 PM

I was wondering what happened to RF and AVB3, ahhhhh 2015....
Old 08-11-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
The real interesting thing is that Bayer bought Monsanto earlier this year for 62+ billion.
Win win situation, they sell the cancer causing food and they also happen to sell the drugs used to cure it.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellero View Post
Win win situation, they sell the cancer causing food and they also happen to sell the drugs used to cure it.
Instead of putting the expiry date on the food there will be an expiry date put on the humans. Designed by food and drugs. Feed you enough to make you work hard and then give your geriatric drugs to take you out.. about a year after retirement.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 08-12-2018, 07:25 AM

This guy and his lawyers will never see a dime from Monsanto, like a lot of big cases the big guy will delay and prolong the courts till they break the small guy.
Monsanto should write the cheque on the way out of court then the little guy gets his day.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 AM

But Monsanto did say 2,4,5, T was safe
Old 08-12-2018, 10:36 AM

I have no problem with a farmer spraying his weeds in spring with Roundup,but do have a major problem with them spraying their wheat in fall just before harvest then baked into my bread.
Also major problem with Forestry companies spraying cut blocks to kill the blue berry and other shrubs so their pine trees will grow faster, that is public land.
Interesting presentation at this years trappers get together in Westlock, biologist from BC showed how moose eating Roundup sprayed shrubs in cutblocks were dying from unexplained illness.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
We spend billions of dollars on Cancer Treatments, someones at my door every other day looking for money to give to big pharma. Problem is no one wants to address the cause of the Cancers. Wish I would get a charity at my door who will spend the money warning people about the Roundup, pesticides, chemicals in our food or fluoride in our water that is causing the increase in cancers.

Wouldn't trust what the EPA or FDA says Rug, just look at the people in them and see who they used to work for, or who they will work for next.
Well now that you turned that stone over, you DO KNOW that of all these so called DO GOOD Charities, waiving the flag over the latest human tragedy, is typically doing good only for themselves? The Phone Solicitor gets 25 +% for getting you to say yes. THEN comes along all the Staff and the advertising, THEN comes along the so called "CAUSE"

Sometimes as little as 10 % is actually spent on the helping cause.

That being said, without Roundup and all the other Pesticides, and Herbicides, in all their shapes and forms, World Food Production could not meet World Demand.

Without artificial fertilizers, and GMO and near GMO seeds, there would be mass starvation.

Yet World Population is set to hit 10 Billion in a few decades.

Roundup is evil and a necessary evil. All the same, average life expectancy keeps going up in the First World AND the Developing World.

Accept it, but yes, hold the manufacturers to the task of making better GMO seeds, pesticides, and herbicides, and most important ......

TELL THE DEVELOPING WORLD TO START USING CONDOMS!!!!

When the die off starts, it will be caused by lack of clean water, and lack of food supply, triggering disease, along with the usual wars.

Then nature will re balance its most successful, widespread, and problematic species.

Drewski
Old 08-12-2018, 12:12 PM

Monsanto hasn't solved the world's problems. Never has, and never will. Just introduced new ways to destroy health. Just because you can ingest it doesn't mean you should. Point to an African country that has nobody hungry in it, just because of engineered foods and unnatural pesticides and herbicides.

We've replaced high protein natural grains with stuff that rips our guts apart, much the way it was designed to do the same to insects. In the early 1900s the protein content for wheat was about 18%; now it's down around 6%.

The herbicide doesn't just disappear either. It kills vital microbes in the soil, and ends up hanging on to the stuff that we eat. What happens when the stuff that kills microbes ends up in the vital gut flora that we have? Poor gut health, and chronic illnesses. Scours kills more calves than anything, yet we introduce toxins to gradually put us into the dirt. Sure, we're pretty resilient, and maybe we're OK, we think. But why?

Canada did little or no testing of it's own, and just accepted it's use after it was approved in the U.S..

There is a reason that our grain isn't accepted in some parts of the world. The use of GMO grains has been likened to Pandora's box. Once you introduce it, it contaminates and takes over native species. There is no completely eradicating it either.

Monsanto thugs show up to collect payment from farmers who have never used it, because it's spread into their field. What straight and narrow business has to do that?

The board of directors shouldn't be subject to mere civil cases. They should be tried criminally with punishment up to and including death, if found guilty of knowingly poisoning millions. A few of these mega corporations have entirely too much national pull spanning a couple countries.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 08-12-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Well now that you turned that stone over, you DO KNOW that of all these so called DO GOOD Charities, waiving the flag over the latest human tragedy, is typically doing good only for themselves? The Phone Solicitor gets 25 +% for getting you to say yes. THEN comes along all the Staff and the advertising, THEN comes along the so called "CAUSE"

That being said, without Roundup and all the other Pesticides, and Herbicides, in all their shapes and forms, World Food Production could not meet World Demand.

Without artificial fertilizers, and GMO and near GMO seeds, there would be mass starvation.

Roundup is evil and a necessary evil. All the same, average life expectancy keeps going up in the First World AND the Developing World.

Accept it, but yes, hold the manufacturers to the task of making better GMO seeds, pesticides, and herbicides, and most important ......

When the die off starts, it will be caused by lack of clean water, and lack of food supply, triggering disease, along with the usual wars.

Then nature will re balance its most successful, widespread, and problematic species.

Drewski
The Earth will always take care of itself.

People are just too stupid and arrogant to see it.

99%+ of every species to walk the Earth are extinct

Humans are not exempt.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post

Drewski

Good post Drewski !

Dodger.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post

On a side note if heard it told that anyone born in Alberta after 1940 was born of the chemical age and were exposed to chemicals right from the womb.
Asbestos, Lead and mercury have been around for ever.

Grizz
Old 08-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Asbestos, Lead and mercury have been around for ever.

Grizz
What about my 3 personal favorite's!? fluoride, BPA and all of the left over estrogen from women's birth control pill's that is unable to removed by water treatment plant's and is therefore released back into the water system for all to enjoy forever more!

And a shout out to all the chemical fire retardant's out there!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
What about my 3 personal favorite's!? fluoride, BPA and all of the left over estrogen from women's birth control pill's that is unable to removed by water treatment plant's and is therefore released back into the water system for all to enjoy forever more!

And a shout out to all the chemical fire retardant's out there!
Birth control pills? Estrogen in the water? Im lost. Can you elaborate?

I think the reason men have boobs is because they are fat.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Doobies give you boobies
Old 08-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Eco-feminism at it's best. It's all part of the master plan to feminize the planet.
Estrogen will make the most manly man more 'womanly'.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

The article is not my favorite source but even they cannot deny that estrogen ends up in drinking water amongst other awesome chemicals!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-water-supply/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3Dl4CpmE4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLdXmE6sLiE

There used to be some better YouTube videos, but you can ask anyone who works at a treatment plant, this is no secret, it's also theorized to be feminizing fish in streams!

Don't worry though, the government says that all is good!

Soy is also something to stay away from...
Old 08-12-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Not sure if anyone's figured out the exact reason, or maybe it's in Recon Willy's links, but NA men are down on testosterone levels 25 or 30% over the last few decades. I don't think that it's down to one reason; but I have a suspicion it's no accident either.

Society in general (liberal society) looks down on masculinity, and the positive traits that manliness has. Just look at the education system, and the efforts to attempt to re-gender boys.

It's sick, and we are becoming a sick country.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Not sure if anyone's figured out the exact reason, or maybe it's in Recon Willy's links, but NA men are down on testosterone levels 25 or 30% over the last few decades. I don't think that it's down to one reason; but I have a suspicion it's no accident either.

Society in general (liberal society) looks down on masculinity, and the positive traits that manliness has. Just look at the education system, and the efforts to attempt to re-gender boys.

It's sick, and we are becoming a sick country.
Beauty and health care product's (soap shampoo moisturizer's hair dye etc...) are all full of estrogen mimicking chemical compounds, soy is also a pseudo-estrogen, when men have to much estrogen in their system's it kills their testosterone count.

BPA used in making plastic container's and used to line can's and bottle's that used to be lined with vegetable oil is also an estrogen mimicker.

There's plenty more...
Old 08-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Banned

Slight derail, BUT I'm sure MOST of the top dawgs at Philip Morris smoked while denying smoking causes cancer
Old 08-13-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Beauty and health care product's (soap shampoo moisturizer's hair dye etc...) are all full of estrogen mimicking chemical compounds, soy is also a pseudo-estrogen, when men have to much estrogen in their system's it kills their testosterone count.

BPA used in making plastic container's and used to line can's and bottle's that used to be lined with vegetable oil is also an estrogen mimicker.

There's plenty more...
Aint got **** on Flame retaradents......
Old 08-13-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
But Monsanto did say 2,4,5, T was safe
Most people on here would not know what 2,4,5,T really was. Just incase they are wondering it's name was Agent Orange. The main reason it defoliated the tree's so quickly was it was sprayed in a 100% concentrate. I have actually sprayed this product in the 90's.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 AM

Monsanto smart got $62 Billion in the bank, Bayer not so smart! now have 400+ lawsuits to deal with and loss of reputation as drug company.