Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2019, 12:43 PM

Default Tough Times

Hi Everyone.

Going through some tough times and would look to barter some flies, a trip or two to a stocked pond to fish which is all I can offer right now. There are various "things" left at their house (In Langdon) which I have to go to shovel out this weekend. One is a Ultra Low Temp Upright Freezer (not working) that he had planned on turning into a smoker. May interest some of you?

Son-In-Law booked on my daughter who was a homemaker and has two small ones. He has some extreme mental health issues resulting in numerous bad choices and criminal charges, Protection orders and the like. He finally got arrested last week (close to 40 non-contact violations) and the JP released him! Left my daughter with nothing. Shut bank accounts down, house going to foreclosure, didn't pay bills and has huge debt-load which I know my daughter will have to eventually pay her share. Her and the kids are currently living with us and the little ones have little to no knowledge of the situation other than they are having an extended "sleepover" at Grandmas and Grampas.
For the last two weeks, my daughter has been to court four times for various custody and enforcement issues, Social Services twice. RCMP and City Police because of on-line threats from him and court order violations of contact. The forms that are required to be filled out and submitted are insane! No money for Lawyer, my wife disabled and on fixed income, me: working (thank goodness) but no raise in ten years has cut my buying power and left us with house and vehicle maintenance issues and five people to feed and care for.
We now feel "safer" from his twisted delusional mind, but are still on lock-up and watching the windows when cars drive by. I didn't think I would be caring/raising children at my age but it is my responsibility to make sure all three of them are loved, fed, warm and safe.

I have some furnace issues. It's making noises after cycling through the heating mode. Strange, jingling sounds and last night started making another noise that woke me up.
Plumbing issues I posted about a month or so ago regarding a Moen shower tap which is now restricting the water to the bath to a trickle. I tried to fix this and even with advice from Cabertosser and You-tube, I wasn't able to because of its so calcified up. We only have one bathroom.
Truck issues. Old Ford (297K kms) needing a transmission flush, new three-way switch for lights, wiper and signals (I bought one) not handy with anything to do with vehicles and don't want to tear anything apart as I'm not sure in my ability to fix it if something unexpected comes up. Thermostat stuck open too. Have a little Mazda with electrical issues also with thermostat stuck open. What are the chances of both having thermostat issues? Just my luck right now.

Her friends have been kind enough to give her a couple of grocery gift cards and I have been collecting bottles when I can.

Daughter is willing to go back to work, but has to find daycare and a place first and money from Social Services to be able to move on from Jerkface. It's so complicated that we are all more than a bit overwhelmed and stressed.

Please, no nasty replies or unwarranted opinions as I'm doing my best to house and protect the family and need not deal with more conflict.

Please pm if what I can offer at this time may suit your help or expertise.
I do not expect anything for free! Everybody's time is worth something.
Unfortunately, payment in dollars isn't possible.

Thank you for reading and your consideration.

FHD.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:32 PM

I would like a half dozen salmon flies if possible.

How does $50 sound?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-07-2019, 01:51 PM

I will donate $25 but the flys could go to some fishing club for kids ?
Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM

What city are you located in?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM

If your daughter likes, I can write a resume and a generic cover letter for her.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
What city are you located in?
Please let Us know where you are located, might be able to help with something.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Jack of all trades, master of none, may be able to help in some way if you are not to far away.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Please let Us know where you are located, might be able to help with something.
Located in SE Calgary by Heritage drive.
Really thank you all who have reached out.
At this point, Cabbertosser is dropping by to look at furnace and faucet.
I will have some items to barter once I clean out their house. Daughter has a Production Accounting designation but Oil and Gas is slow.
I will get back to each of you once I have the time to at least thank you personally. The little ones are demanding and deserve my time.
I can offer a nice pair of Advent Legacy speakers for some auto work. They are my pride and joy but, circumstances and need dictate.
I’m very humbled by each of your offers.
Thank you all.
FHD (Rick)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Banned

Rick.. Do they need to sell the house?
Thats something I could help with.
Lots of experience with Foreclosure stuff. I think this is worth a conversation.
PM in coming.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 PM

PM me mailing address FHD
Old 03-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
PM me mailing address FHD
Me too please.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:15 PM

I need your email address for etransfer please

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-08-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I need your email address for etransfer please
Send it to me also, please.
CranePete
Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Default I'm very humble thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
Me too please.
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Just like to thank everybody here for making my day, good people all around. I will be watching this thread closely and looking to see if there is anything I can help out with as well.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:27 AM

I’m a journeyman gassfitter and steamfitter and fairly skilled at most things unfortunately I’ve got to head out of town today for a few weeks. If Cabertosser doesn’t have any luck with the furnace give me a pm I’ll drop over when I get back I’m down in McKenzie town not to far from you.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
Send it to me also, please.
CranePete
Me as well.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Default Overwhelmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinhogdaddy View Post
Hi Everyone.

Going through some tough times and would look to barter some flies, a trip or two to a stocked pond to fish which is all I can offer right now. There are various "things" left at their house (In Langdon) which I have to go to shovel out this weekend. One is a Ultra Low Temp Upright Freezer (not working) that he had planned on turning into a smoker. May interest some of you?

Son-In-Law booked on my daughter who was a homemaker and has two small ones. He has some extreme mental health issues resulting in numerous bad choices and criminal charges, Protection orders and the like. He finally got arrested last week (close to 40 non-contact violations) and the JP released him! Left my daughter with nothing. Shut bank accounts down, house going to foreclosure, didn't pay bills and has huge debt-load which I know my daughter will have to eventually pay her share. Her and the kids are currently living with us and the little ones have little to no knowledge of the situation other than they are having an extended "sleepover" at Grandmas and Grampas.
For the last two weeks, my daughter has been to court four times for various custody and enforcement issues, Social Services twice. RCMP and City Police because of on-line threats from him and court order violations of contact. The forms that are required to be filled out and submitted are insane! No money for Lawyer, my wife disabled and on fixed income, me: working (thank goodness) but no raise in ten years has cut my buying power and left us with house and vehicle maintenance issues and five people to feed and care for.
We now feel "safer" from his twisted delusional mind, but are still on lock-up and watching the windows when cars drive by. I didn't think I would be caring/raising children at my age but it is my responsibility to make sure all three of them are loved, fed, warm and safe.

I have some furnace issues. It's making noises after cycling through the heating mode. Strange, jingling sounds and last night started making another noise that woke me up.
Plumbing issues I posted about a month or so ago regarding a Moen shower tap which is now restricting the water to the bath to a trickle. I tried to fix this and even with advice from Cabertosser and You-tube, I wasn't able to because of its so calcified up. We only have one bathroom.
Truck issues. Old Ford (297K kms) needing a transmission flush, new three-way switch for lights, wiper and signals (I bought one) not handy with anything to do with vehicles and don't want to tear anything apart as I'm not sure in my ability to fix it if something unexpected comes up. Thermostat stuck open too. Have a little Mazda with electrical issues also with thermostat stuck open. What are the chances of both having thermostat issues? Just my luck right now.

Her friends have been kind enough to give her a couple of grocery gift cards and I have been collecting bottles when I can.

Daughter is willing to go back to work, but has to find daycare and a place first and money from Social Services to be able to move on from Jerkface. It's so complicated that we are all more than a bit overwhelmed and stressed.

Please, no nasty replies or unwarranted opinions as I'm doing my best to house and protect the family and need not deal with more conflict.

Please pm if what I can offer at this time may suit your help or expertise.
I do not expect anything for free! Everybody's time is worth something.
Unfortunately, payment in dollars isn't possible.

Thank you for reading and your consideration.

FHD.
I am so overwhelmed with the kindness, gestures, money, words of support, labor (thanks Caber, I will find a way to re-pay you).
My daughter is in tears with the generosity of people on the AO forum and their love they have shown her, the little ones and us. It gives her hope for a better life without Jerkface.
I personally sat at my desk this morning with tears in my eyes as I saw how many of the great, great people of Alberta and this forum have reached out to help in so many ways. I am humbled, more so now than at anytime in my life.
A co-worker said to me this morning as I marveled and felt so blessed for the responses "you know how many times I have seen you go out of your way to help or be kind to the patients and the staff here, it's come full circle for you Rick".
I will continue to be "who I am" and exude the qualities that I expect of myself because, it's the right thing to do! Never thinking I would be in a situation of desperation as I was.
I can say, my heart is overflowing with the love from everyone, and on behalf of my Daughter, grandkids and my wife, I thank you all!
Rick
Old 03-08-2019, 05:45 PM

The AO community is a solid group.

Dodger.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:16 AM

I'm a Jman electrician and know a thing or 2 about vehicles. I'll be living fairly close to you starting beginning of april if you need any help with anything send me a message and we can discuss it further. I'll have lots of extra time on my hands with work slowing down.

Edit: Old fords are my specialty. If you need any help with that let me know before the end of the month as I have a few parts vehicles up here.

Last edited by ManitobaSlim; 03-09-2019 at 09:21 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Suspended User

If only this came up a couple of months ago. I was trapped at the Sandman with nothing to do for days on end while i was in physiotherapy. Unfortunately I'm back home and struggling myself with finances. Hope life turns around for you.
If you need to get the kids out for some fun, I would be quite willing to get your family out on Pine lake for a day of ice fishing.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
If only this came up a couple of months ago. I was trapped at the Sandman with nothing to do for days on end while i was in physiotherapy. Unfortunately I'm back home and struggling myself with finances. Hope life turns around for you.
If you need to get the kids out for some fun, I would be quite willing to get your family out on Pine lake for a day of ice fishing.
Hi Dave.
Sorry to hear your struggling too. Sending my best wishes to you. If you are in town again for medical or other business and would like a home cooked meal, it would be a pleasure and a small way to pay back to those that have gone out of their way for us! I’m not much of an ice fisher, I would be considered a “fair weather fisherman” lol but I appreciate your offer.
Let me know.
Thanks....Rick aka FHD
Old 03-10-2019, 03:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinhogdaddy View Post
Located in SE Calgary by Heritage drive.
Really thank you all who have reached out.
At this point, Cabbertosser is dropping by to look at furnace and faucet.
I will have some items to barter once I clean out their house. Daughter has a Production Accounting designation but Oil and Gas is slow.
I will get back to each of you once I have the time to at least thank you personally. The little ones are demanding and deserve my time.
I can offer a nice pair of Advent Legacy speakers for some auto work. They are my pride and joy but, circumstances and need dictate.
I’m very humbled by each of your offers.
Thank you all.
FHD (Rick)
AO is a family forum. Well done to Cabbertosser.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:22 AM

Pm me for an E transfer brother things will be better
Much love to the AO community.
P.s I also have a 3 been house near vermilion that is unoccupied as of April 1st... no charge

Last edited by Somehunter; 03-10-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somehunter View Post
Pm me for an E transfer brother things will be better
Much love to the AO community.
P.s I also have a 3 been house near vermilion that is unoccupied as of April 1st... no charge
Amazing! This site and people on here are the best. I too myself, am facing financial issues soon. Otherwise I'd be trying to help as well. Wife was just laid off, My work just did a round of layoffs last week. I think there will be more. Personally, I think I'm safe, but it will be tight times. Grateful for people like you, willing to help deserving people out, who are being kicked while they are down. Honest THANK YOU for being such a stand up human being. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up with whatever they have to offer. Big respects to Cabertosser as well. Best wishes to you Rick as well, things will get better! A true man will do anything for his family. Glad you came here to share your story, I'm sure it wasn't easy to share all of that.

Last edited by bloopbloob; 03-10-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Amazing! This site and people on here are the best. I too myself, am facing financial issues soon. Otherwise I'd be trying to help as well. Wife was just laid off, My work just did a round of layoffs last week. I think there will be more. Personally, I think I'm safe, but it will be tight times. Grateful for people like you, willing to help deserving people out, who are being kicked while they are down. Honest THANK YOU for being such a stand up human being. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up with whatever they have to offer. Big respects to Cabertosser as well. Best wishes to you Rick as well, things will get better! A true man will do anything for his family. Glad you came here to share your story, I'm sure it wasn't easy to share all of that.
Thank you for the kind words and my prayers of thanks to you and all the absolutely great people on AO that have shown their true compassion and humanity to us. It really is a miracle! So many generous people that don’t even know me, reaching out and helping in what ever way they can.
Roper1 drove right to our home with some cash, some beautiful roasts and ground beef. The kids helped me pop a roast into the oven. Been a long time since we’ve eaten like this and the house smells like “home”. The ladies were so surprised and overwhelmed at the gestures.
I have no other words to say but THANKS!
My/our world is so much better because of people like you!
Rick aka FHD
Old 03-10-2019, 09:25 PM

And this is why I have felt that Alberta truly is home for me and my family. I've only been here for 5 years, but the good people make it some of the best years of my life.

I'm not in a very good spot myself currently or I'd help with even just $20, I know how even that much can mean in a time like this, but I'm impressed and humbled by the willingness of so many to help out, just like when the Fort Mac fires happened; amazing to see.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:29 AM

Sincerely sorry for your daughter and grandchildren's circumstances. My faith and prayers are with your family. I am sure things will improve and all will be well.
I too am limited in how I can help but am able to offer an open ear anytime you might need someone to talk to. 24/7. The middle of the night can be looming and take away sleep when deep in dark thoughts, sometimes just needing to let it out.

Forward me your email and I will send a couple bucks towards the end of the month and I will forward my phone number to have on hand. Meantime all I can offer is my time to listen and maybe help brainstorm some ideas.

Although bad things do happen fortunately we live in a compassionate society and live in a country full of opportunities for your daughter and grandchildren.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 03-17-2019, 11:32 AM

Just bumping along very worthy cause,
hope AO can come & shine through on this one.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Just bumping along very worthy cause,
hope AO can come & shine through on this one.
Thanks tri777.
This one deserves attention. Hope Rick is doing alright!
I'd love to help but things just keep going from bad to worse for me recently. All I can offer is my words of support. I understand the difficulties. Stay strong Rick, protect that family!