Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-06-2023, 03:50 PM

Default Revolution Arms Swift.

[IMG][/IMG]

As I mentioned before in a previous thread. I bought this gun thinking I might use it next season for waterfowl hunting. After getting it, I immediately felt some buyers remorse. Several members told me it was a bad idea , They had friends who had seen them in action and they were problematic from the get go.

I took this gun apart completely and cleaned it and inspected it for machining flaws like burrs or sharp edges . It was pretty good other than I took some fine emery cloth to the piston edges . I oiled it up with some G96 spray oil and put it back together.

I took it out today finally to see for myself cuz well I bought it and I’m stuck with it good or bad right ?

I started out by feed it some 7/8oz challenger target loads and it was basically a single shot as it would not eject those shells at all.

Next I went straight to some old Supreme #2 magnum steel loads I had laying around and no problem went bang as fast as I could pull the trigger .

I fed it some 1oz target loads next and they cycled fine although they didn’t eject as far as the heavy loads did.

Other than the 7/8oz loads this shotgun fired and ejected everything I fed it . I put about 65 rounds through it.

Recoil was fairly stiff for a gas operated gun but it is also fairly light at sub 7 lbs
I feel like the gun is a bit long for me which could affect how I feel recoil . I feel like I am reaching to hold on to it when I shoulder it .

My son is quite a bit taller than me at 6’3”. I’m only 5’8” and he said it felt great to him

Not sure if I will hang onto this or not but I am not disappointed in the gun so far .
Old 02-06-2023, 03:54 PM

Glad to hear it is working out. Hopefully, it will stay this way!
Old 02-07-2023, 07:37 AM

Thumbs up

Right on, hope it keeps churning away for you

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:58 AM

Hope it works out well for you Jungle.

Looks pretty good.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:58 AM

I would suggest getting the LOP adjusted to fit you Jungleboy, then have fun with it!
Cat