Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Banned

Exclamation BC trades away outdoor recreation rights to continue industrial encroachment in the Peace region

Please watch this important message from Jesse Zeman on a development that affects all resident hunters in British Columbia. Our press release follows, and there is information below that on how you can take action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7YEA3zxQw

https://bcwf.bc.ca/peace-region-hunting-regulations/
Old 02-12-2022, 04:26 PM

Been lots of hunting opportunities lost in BC for both residents and non residents under the host program too I recently noticed since the NDP take over

Hate to say it but you guys are screwed and it’s going to get worse for BC hunters
Old 02-12-2022, 07:51 PM

Also thanks to the NDP no more grizzly hunting
Old 02-13-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
My dream will never come true...
Old 02-13-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Mr Zeman was no help in that situation either
Old 02-13-2022, 10:00 AM
Banned

Imagine that, unregulated hunting has led to unsustainable harvest levels
Old 02-13-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Imagine that, unregulated hunting has led to unsustainable harvest levels
Watch BC closely in the next few years. I left for good reason and there are many things in the works. Covid has actually been a positive for BC because it has delayed this
Old 02-13-2022, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Watch BC closely in the next few years. I left for good reason and there are many things in the works. Covid has actually been a positive for BC because it has delayed this
Bc is fighting back at least
They have a very good case and will hopefully win the class action lawsuit regarding the grizzly closure
Old 02-13-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Bc is fighting back at least
They have a very good case and will hopefully win the class action lawsuit regarding the grizzly closure
The problem with BC is it is basically all voting power is in the southwest and if they show opposition the government will follow their request. It is worse then what we experience federally

As for fighting back MR Zeman and the BCWF through the grizzly hunt away in hopes to appease anti’s so they would back off on other hunting opportunities. All the facts were there supporting the hunt were there but the NDP closed it on the grounds that the public deemed it un expectable. Unless things have changed in the last few years BC resident hunters have weak representation. Only strong hung org is the BCWSS. I don’t see the grizzly hunt coming back under the NDP

As for FN issues there is land claims that are approved but not finalized that are similar to what took place in the chilcotin that basically change all land use to by FN permission only. The NDP are openly applying the UNDRIP policies to FN issues in BC

From talking to friends and family the NDP is also using the forest fires to restrict access to many areas as well. There is other things they mentioned but honestly don’t remember

Great province naturally but completely miss managed and a political nightmare
Old 02-13-2022, 11:26 AM
Banned

Wssbc and goabc aren’t going down with a fight
They have been making a bunch of head way and it is worth supporting these two organizations. Even if your a resident of alberta! What is happening in bc is coming here next
Old 02-13-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Wssbc and goabc aren’t going down with a fight
They have been making a bunch of head way and it is worth supporting these two organizations. Even if your a resident of alberta! What is happening in bc is coming here next
I don’t doubt they will put up a fight but I also know a lot about what took place to close the hunt and BC grizzlies. I actually wrote some of the letters that were used to try and defend the hunt originally and help coach a few people before their radio interviews

Wish them they best but I don’t have any faith with the NDP in power

This is not a fight that will be won by facts because that was not the grounds for the closer. That is why I don’t have faith they will win that battle
Old 02-13-2022, 12:00 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Hate to say it but you guys are screwed and it’s going to get worse for BC hunters
Looking that way, and certainly will unless we stand up to them.

As a result of the Blueberry Band court ruling last year which stated the BC government infringed on their rights, the same government just made a back door deal with the band which allows them to continue with the resource extraction in the band's territory - in exchange for limiting hunters/anglers/campers/hikers (and more) access to the areas in question.

This is wildlife management by social pressure not science. The NDP has once again sold out the general public for their own gain.

This is a massive blow that completely undermines the entire science-based wildlife management model.

However, a response campaign has been organized, letters are flowing, and meetings being set up with MLA's around the Province to express our concerns. I am hopeful this will get their attention. I am also hopeful that should they try and proceed that we have legal grounds to pursue the matter further (being investigated now).

Nog
Old 02-13-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Looking that way, and certainly will unless we stand up to them.

As a result of the Blueberry Band court ruling last year which stated the BC government infringed on their rights, the same government just made a back door deal with the band which allows them to continue with the resource extraction in the band's territory - in exchange for limiting hunters/anglers/campers/hikers (and more) access to the areas in question.

This is wildlife management by social pressure not science. The NDP has once again sold out the general public for their own gain.

This is a massive blow that completely undermines the entire science-based wildlife management model.

However, a response campaign has been organized, letters are flowing, and meetings being set up with MLA's around the Province to express our concerns. I am hopeful this will get their attention. I am also hopeful that should they try and proceed that we have legal grounds to pursue the matter further (being investigated now).

Nog
Best of luck but I think BC hunters are in for a never ending battle and facts and science won’t defend it
Old 02-13-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Best of luck but I think BC hunters are in for a never ending battle and facts and science won’t defend it
While you may be correct, and certainly so with the current crew at the helm, shrugging one's shoulders and walking away will simply hasten our downfall.

I hope this matter is being taken seriously enough, by enough of us, to make them understand our position and do something to address that.

Nog
Old 02-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don’t doubt they will put up a fight but I also know a lot about what took place to close the hunt and BC grizzlies. I actually wrote some of the letters that were used to try and defend the hunt originally and help coach a few people before their radio interviews

This is not a fight that will be won by facts because that was not the grounds for the closer. That is why I don’t have faith they will win that battle
Well the facts and science are what needs to be addressed
Because that is what will be the factor that determine the outcome

If we let emotional decisions by people that 1000’s of km dictate policy then it
Will be the end of non indigenous hunting everywhere across Canada.

I’d fight for this a lot more than a vaccine passport
Old 02-13-2022, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ya it’s going to definitely be a never ending battle
But the science will back it up
There is no shortage of bears in bc
Old 02-13-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Well the facts and science are what needs to be addressed
Because that is what will be the factor that determine the outcome

If we let emotional decisions by people that 1000’s of km dictate policy then it
Will be the end of non indigenous hunting everywhere across Canada.

I’d fight for this a lot more than a vaccine passport
You are talking to a guy who actively fought against the original closures providing endless data to support the hunt provided to me from BC’s top predator bio and 3 other regional bio’s. The hours I invested and favors I called in are far more then most will ever know. I would like to see that hunt reopen more than most

The problem is the NDP did close the hunt on the grounds of the public opposed and they openly admit the hunt is sustainable, that grizzly numbers were increasing, the grizzly were expanding their range, they admitted that harvest was conservative, and they admitted that grizzly were probably the best managed game species in BC at the time

The grounds used to shutdown the grizzly hunt are wrong and management should not be based on emotions. The problem is that the NDP did succeed to shutdown the grizzly hunt openly admitting that it had nothing to do with conservation concerns

This subject is like picking an old scab that I could rant about too long so I better stop

But let’s stop hijacking’s Nogs thread
Old 02-13-2022, 03:35 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
But let’s stop hijacking’s Nogs thread
I don't consider much of a hi-jack.

I too was on the front lines, not only writing letters but many meetings with MLA's & Horgan et al. He specifically looked me right in the eye, lied, and knew he was lying when he did so. I have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. Period.

Also attended the protests, and made a point of attending the one staged by those who wanted it shut down. As I recall, there were damn few of us there that day, but we held our ground.

It all points to a government desperate to rule regardless of the cost. Toss science out of it doesn't mesh with your voting base's inane desires. Bring UNDRP in to be the "primary consideration in 100 % of all government decisions moving forward".

A complete Cluster*&*&!

It is time we stood on our hind legs and told them ENOUGH!
My task is to try and ensure as many of us who can do so.

Regards,
Nog
Old 02-13-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
I don't consider much of a hi-jack.

I too was on the front lines, not only writing letters but many meetings with MLA's & Horgan et al. He specifically looked me right in the eye, lied, and knew he was lying when he did so. I have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. Period.

Also attended the protests, and made a point of attending the one staged by those who wanted it shut down. As I recall, there were damn few of us there that day, but we held our ground.

It all points to a government desperate to rule regardless of the cost. Toss science out of it doesn't mesh with your voting base's inane desires. Bring UNDRP in to be the "primary consideration in 100 % of all government decisions moving forward".

A complete Cluster*&*&!

It is time we stood on our hind legs and told them ENOUGH!
My task is to try and ensure as many of us who can do so.

Regards,
Nog
I could not handle the face to face anymore so I spent my time helping those who wanted to be the voice/face

Being a rough around the edges tattooed A hole doesn’t always get you professional respect so it’s easier to send in those that look the part
Old 02-13-2022, 04:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
... Being a rough around the edges tattooed A hole doesn’t always get you professional respect so it’s easier to send in those that look the part
LOL!

Should have seen the looks on the anti's faces when Foxey & I rode in, complete with our dress western jackets, jeans, boots & stetsons. Only thing missing was the six guns!

Certainly captured their attention!

Thanks for doing what you could! Sincerely Appreciated!
Let's hope in this next round more are willing to pony up and do the same!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 02-13-2022, 05:37 PM
Banned

And I stayed up til 4 am talking about this with Ron Fleming when I stayed at their place this fall.

The elected muppets didn’t listen to you when they closed it
Hopefully there is a new govt in place when this class action lawsuit is before the courts
Old 02-13-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
And I stayed up til 4 am talking about this with Ron Fleming when I stayed at their place this fall.

The elected muppets didn’t listen to you when they closed it
Hopefully there is a new govt in place when this class action lawsuit is before the courts
The elected muppets didn’t listen to anyone during that fight and some under handed things took place that most don’t know too.

Mark I respect anyone putting in the effort to make a change and only saying it’s a tough battle with BC’s present govt. I know you have passion about hunting and try to do your part to give back.

You don’t know me so I don’t expect much respect for my opinion.

I truly hope there is success in bringing the hunt back.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
The elected muppets didn’t listen to anyone during that fight and some under handed things took place that most don’t know too.

Mark I respect anyone putting in the effort to make a change and only saying it’s a tough battle with BC’s present govt. I know you have passion about hunting and try to do your part to give back.

You don’t know me so I don’t expect much respect for my opinion.

I truly hope there is success in bringing the hunt back.
I totally understand what your saying and where your coming from 👍
Old 02-14-2022, 09:15 AM

Well…… here I was enjoying watching my boys play hockey on Friday night and BAMMMM !!!!

The biggest kick in the n#%* yet…..

We’re supposed to hear more in the next few days and formulate a plan, I’ll share what I can.

What I will say is this trend will not stop. FN is rolling with a win and they won’t stop until the government stops them. And the only way government stops them is fear of the voting public !
Old 02-14-2022, 10:38 AM

This is $h!ty B.C. residence lose more opportunity to enjoy their outdoors. This problem will likely spill into Alberta with more non-resident hunters taking up our draw system. Therefore Alberta residence will lose more opportunity because of this. There is no winning here.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Any link to the letters you wrote?
Who were the people you helped coach before interviews,
and what do you mean by coach you were telling them what to say?

edit just found some of the info in post 17

Last edited by sage 13; 02-14-2022 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
Any link to the letters you wrote?
Who were the people you helped coach before interviews,
and what do you mean by coach you were telling them what to say?
Not important and I am just some guy who now lives and hunts in Alberta not involved in the headaches. I helped people who were and are good friends because they asked and it was a cause I agreed with

Nothing I have done in the past was for attention so I am not going to write you my resume for someone on the internet

I am just some guy you don’t know and likely never will
Old 02-14-2022, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Well…… here I was enjoying watching my boys play hockey on Friday night and BAMMMM !!!!

The biggest kick in the n#%* yet…..

We’re supposed to hear more in the next few days and formulate a plan, I’ll share what I can.

What I will say is this trend will not stop. FN is rolling with a win and they won’t stop until the government stops them. And the only way government stops them is fear of the voting public !
It will never stop
And if we roll over it will Be gone forever very soon
Old 02-14-2022, 11:50 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
It will never stop
And if we roll over it will Be gone forever very soon
Absolutely 100% correct.

Nog
Old 02-14-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Not important and I am just some guy who now lives and hunts in Alberta not involved in the headaches. I helped people who were and are good friends because they asked and it was a cause I agreed with

Nothing I have done in the past was for attention so I am not going to write you my resume for someone on the internet

I am just some guy you don’t know and likely never will
No problem, dont care to know you just wondered if the letters
etc were of any help or not, but as you mention the issue doesnt seem
to be of any interest to you now.