Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-14-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Well…… here I was enjoying watching my boys play hockey on Friday night and BAMMMM !!!!

The biggest kick in the n#%* yet…..

We’re supposed to hear more in the next few days and formulate a plan, I’ll share what I can.

What I will say is this trend will not stop. FN is rolling with a win and they won’t stop until the government stops them. And the only way government stops them is fear of the voting public !
Sadly that seems to be the way things are now.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:42 PM

Not a word about unsustainable resource extraction and habitat loss
Old 02-14-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
It will never stop
And if we roll over it will Be gone forever very soon
Definitely no plans to roll over no. We’re still hopeful something can be done, we should hear more fairly soon I would imagine.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
No problem, dont care to know you just wondered if the letters
etc were of any help or not, but as you mention the issue doesnt seem
to be of any interest to you now.
Sorry I have just experienced too many idiots when it comes to to hunting politics on the internet who annoyed me. Often trying to dig into every inch of one’s life to find a reason to diss credit. I even had people track down my personal number to either harass or try to get me involved in other issues.

Your post fit that M.O when I read it is why I gave that response. Not a good habit I know since I don’t know you either

But no I don’t have past letters or data I collected (lots I still remember) I no longer have that computer. Good chance it is being recycled by some of those involved this go around because one or more of the guys I helped is likely involved again

I would have to make phone calls to see if any old information was kept by anyone. The bio’s I have not spoken to in years and don’t know what positions they hold now even

There is a more civil response
Old 02-14-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Sorry I have just experienced too many idiots when it comes to to hunting politics on the internet who annoyed me. Often trying to dig into every inch of one’s life to find a reason to diss credit. I even had people track down my personal number to either harass or try to get me involved in other issues.

Your post fit that M.O when I read it is why I gave that response. Not a good habit I know since I don’t know you either

But no I don’t have past letters or data I collected (lots I still remember) I no longer have that computer. Good chance it is being recycled by some of those involved this go around because one or more of the guys I helped is likely involved again

I would have to make phone calls to see if any old information was kept by anyone. The bio’s I have not spoken to in years and don’t know what positions they hold now even

There is a more civil response
Like I said no problem and I hear you on the harassment/threats from others
Old 02-16-2022, 08:13 AM

Still all quiet as of last night from the BC government. It would appear they made a deal but weren’t ready to actually inform the public so soon. Hard to believe
Old 02-16-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Looking that way, and certainly will unless we stand up to them.

As a result of the Blueberry Band court ruling last year which stated the BC government infringed on their rights, the same government just made a back door deal with the band which allows them to continue with the resource extraction in the band's territory - in exchange for limiting hunters/anglers/campers/hikers (and more) access to the areas in question.

This is wildlife management by social pressure not science. The NDP has once again sold out the general public for their own gain.

This is a massive blow that completely undermines the entire science-based wildlife management model.

However, a response campaign has been organized, letters are flowing, and meetings being set up with MLA's around the Province to express our concerns. I am hopeful this will get their attention. I am also hopeful that should they try and proceed that we have legal grounds to pursue the matter further (being investigated now).

Nog
where is the blueberry band located/from? what area of the peace are we talking about? thx
Old 02-17-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFBUFF View Post
where is the blueberry band located/from? what area of the peace are we talking about? thx
The entire Peace region, all of 7b.

So from Tumbler Ridge/Dawson Creek all the way north to the Yukon border.