Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Nikanit

Default Hunters that claim to be so called "metis"....

Hi everyone,
I was told by a yound fellow in Alberta there about some idiot hunters that abused the metis rights and killed so many bighorns that it put the herds back 150 years. I am Metis myself, I've never taken a dime nor taken advantage of any program in place for Metis people. In fact I've donated my services($$$$) on a regular basis to help out my community. I belong to a non-political Metis organization that is more into the social & traditional aspect of my culture. There is so much corruption in the bigger Metis Organizations, it's not funny. These so-called metis hunters are morons! They probably don't even know anything about the actual culture or traditions. I was so appalled and ashamed of the Alberta Metis, and the greediness involved. I promise that I will always buy a license like anyone else, and if I choose to hunt, I will hunt to provide for my family, nothing will be wasted. That's what the original metis did. I'm into the more spiritual side of this life, and it teaches you to respect nature, and what it provides for you. I would have really liked to have confronted these guys and asked them what the hell they were thinking. They will pay for that disrespect of nature in the end. I still have greedy family members trying to get the family records from me (I'm the only holder of the family tree)so they can abuse the system, it makes me sick and ashamed! But I cannot deny my heritage, at least I'm a respectable Metis lady that would never take advantage of anything. So please don't ever sour out on me when you discover my heritage, I'm a good & kind person. Thats just my 2 cents folks, I'm so sorry all you have to witness these atrocities!!