Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Banned

OK, heres the deal. I have all the equipement and gear needed to outfit myself and one or 2 others for ice fishing. I also have a variety of lakes close or far that i can go to depending what species I am targeting. I enjoy going on day trips to the lake. I'm also very flexible on days and times that I can go, though I prefer weekdays when it's not as crowded.
What I don't have is a reliable vehicle to get me to the lake and back. I am willing to share gas expense if someone wants to partner up for a day of fishing. PM if interested.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Where abouts do ya live
Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM

Looking at heading out a few times this coming week if interested.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:15 PM

Yea definitely need to get out before I start working again, where do ya like to go?
Old 01-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Default gull lake twomorw jan 10

going to go out with the kids twomorow in the morning leving from blackfalds will be fishing around sandy point if any want to come out
Old 01-10-2016, 01:14 AM

Default Edmonton

23 year old guy living in Edmonton. Looking to hopefully make some new fishing buddies in Edmonton. I'm a laid back guy with a good head on my shoulders who's relatively new to the province and needs to make some new friends. I have some basic ice fishing gear (no flasher, gas auger or tent unfortunately) and my regular summer gear. Age really doesn't matter to me. Shoot me a pm or email if you're interested.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:34 PM

Hi there,

If anyone is planning on ice fishing over the next couple days (Tuesday Jan 12- Thursday January 14) I would like to tag along, I have my own rods and thats about it..... I would definitely split gas and expenses.

Let me know!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:43 PM

have plans to hit Gull or Sylvan this Saturday, Jan 16th coming form Calgary
Old 01-18-2016, 03:55 PM

Default I'm Available

Living in Swan Hills, available to car pool for ice fishing, I have all equipment needed, sled, sleigh, auger, tent yada yada.
Going to the narrows tomorrow on Lesser Slave if anyone's interested.
lots of local small trout lakes around the Hills if someone wants to come with.

Bill, age 56yrs
email sbill@telusplanet.net
text 780-991-7809
Old 01-21-2016, 06:11 AM

Going to bruce lake tomorrow if anybody interested
Old 01-22-2016, 08:58 AM

Default Cold lake

LOOKING for someone to fish cold lake with ,have all gear except auger and tent. have quad but no trailer ,would like to split costs with some one that has auger and trailer and there own quad ,Have lots of spots on Cold lake been fishing for about ten years ,non smoker ,like too have a few beers thanks randy ,can go anytime .
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Default old buddy

I have recently retired and would like to get out ice fishing again if you are interested let me know what your time looks like. I live in the SW Calgary area and have my own gear to fish with. If you know some productive areas I have been away from the scene for a few years. Species doesn't matter if I get to eat a few. Also looking for summer fishing buddies as I also have a boat - but we have to wait for summer to arrive first ;-)

Tom

Last edited by admin; 02-02-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Default Edmonton area weekend warriors

Hi there guys, I was wondering if anyone is looking to go out any weekends in February or anytime during March (will be taking more or less the whole month off) and needs an experienced, capable and easy to get along with partner for some ice fishing? I'm a young-ish (28yrs old) professional who is old enough to have got over the "indestructible partier" phase of life, but still young enough to be adventurous and up for new challenges. I have dependable wheels and can have access to tents and augers if necessary, or have no problem covering gas/buying snack and drinks for those that prefer to use their own gear. I am also down for over-night trips, and have no trouble sleeping in an ice shack/tent while trying to capitalize on the voracious nocturnal predators in our waters (I also own all of my winter camping gear). Alternatively i would be happy to split hotel accommodations for those that like sleeping inside of four walls.

Anyway, if I sound like someone who might be able to add something valuable to your fishing experience, or if you're simply tired of fishing alone, please feel free to reply to this post. I do not discriminate based on age, race or anything else silly like that. Honestly, I'd fish with my worst enemy if it meant that I would catch fish consistently haha.

Take care out there, and I wish you all a lot luck!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:49 AM

Hey .. Anyone want to go to cold lake this week ???
I'm off during the week and was thinking about going Wednesday or Thursday but all my buddies are working .. I'm 29 , have all the gear and am ready to hammer some lakers ..and maybe a brew or two hah. Oh and I live just west of stony plain
Old 02-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Default coldlake

Flying solo tomorrow hope.the bites back.on
Old 02-10-2016, 06:28 PM

leaving early saturday to cold lake from Edmonton NE.
Atv will be in back of truck loaded with gear.
Any one else heading up for the weekend as above .
Old 02-12-2016, 10:34 AM

Default Cold Lake

Were coming up from Calgary to fish it all weekend.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:45 PM

Default Hermitage ice fishing

me and a buddy are gonna be down at hermitage tommorow mourning till evening ill be bringing my hand auger if any one needs holes drilled more the marry-er
Old 02-14-2016, 12:28 AM

Looking to spend a night out on the ice on the weekend of Feb 19th to 21st. Thinking maybe crawling reservoir but open to other locations.

I'm in Calgary so anything within 3 to 4 hours is doable. I have all the gear for fishing so you would only need to bring your sleeping stuff and food.

I'm 30 years old and pretty easy going. I don't care if you smoke or drink. I'm a non smoker but don't mind a few stiff ones out on the ice. Happy to drive. Send me a mssg if you're down.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:45 PM

Anyone interested in a fishing trip?
Im from a reserve in Northern Ontario but live in Alberta now, would love to make some friends with the outdoor community here.
I got flexible time, great campfire stories, good enough skill, and very pleasant to be around (reliable).

The outdoors is as close a home to me as being in the house with my family, I got a real connection, I am most comfortable in the woods.
I got all my own gear just shoot me a message.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 AM

31 years old and live in the Calgary area - originally from Nova Scotia. Not the most experience fisherman but love it and hope to get out lots this upcoming season. Would be interested in fishing with other guys new to the sport or experienced guys that don't mind teaching a thing or two. Age doesn't really matter to me young or old. I like shore fishing, and also have a pontoon that I hope to put to good use this year. I'll be working a 14-7 so will have a full week at a time I'm available as the wife will be working and kids will be at school on my days off. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Cheers.

Also interested in hunting in the fall. New to that as well. Would be nice to get together interested in doing both.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:44 PM

New to the okotoks area. Don't know any of the hot spots and would love to get off the shores of someone would have me. Pretty new to fishing in Alberta the last two years. But I'm loving every minute of it
Old 04-14-2016, 10:16 AM

really would like to check out the st mary's reservoir south of lethbriidge as soon as it opens. i have fish/ ski pontoon boat that needs to get wet and basic fishing gear. someone with some knowledge of the res would be ideal but not nessasary.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:53 PM

New to Canmore area and looking get out on Sunday and Monday if anyone n area wants meet up would love get into some fish
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 PM

Question May 8th is fast approaching ...

Seems like many of the better Southern Pike fisheries are opening soon. If there is anyone around Calgary who would like to go check out some places I am game.

I am just fishing from shore, so unless you have a boat I can provide is good company lol. This is my first time hunting the Hammer Handles in the southern part of the province. It was simple in Edmonton you could just go on the NSR but down here it will be a little more of an outing.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 AM

if im bringing someone with me to just acompany me..does he/she needs a fishing license too?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bait View Post
if im bringing someone with me to just acompany me..does he/she needs a fishing license too?
Onli if THEY'RE NOT fishing.
If you use 2 rods in the water both parties need a licence.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 PM

Default Fishing Waterton

Anyone heading out to Waterton to fish? I live in Lethbridge and have summer off so game to fish anywhere around Lethbridge. Only been in Lethbridge one year so don't have any fishing friends yet. Went to Waterton for first time couple days ago and it looks like a Great Lake to fish. I don't have a boat so could only fish from shore. I'm 33 and sane just want to catch some fish and hopefully learn some new tricks along the way. Let me know if anyone is game.

Cheers, Brent
Old 05-19-2016, 05:13 PM

Default Calgary Fishing

Hey!
I'm brand new to fishing, anyone interested in fishing near Calgary this weekend? it'd be nice to meet some people who know what they're doing. I'm working with a basic spinning reel rod.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Hey!
I'm brand new to fishing, anyone interested in fishing near Calgary this weekend? it'd be nice to meet some people who know what they're doing. I'm working with a basic spinning reel rod.
I take my boat to lakes within an hour or so of SE Calgary, trolling for Pike, Walleye and 'bows if you want to go sometime.