Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
Again, neither the ACA nor the proposed ACA angling levy increase have anything to do with changing the current licensing structure.
Please read the following thread to understand what the ACA does;
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=187150

Thank for posting. I was much more in favour of the increase before you spelled out where the ACA money is really spent. I want any increase to be spent on game or habitat rehabilitation, not administration and salaries.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Folks,

Much of the wages and expenses of the ACA is used to work on fisheries/hunting/habitat issues/problems/projects.
The ACA does not "charge out" to each activity what there employees do but lump all the labour costs together.
This leaves a perception that most of ACA's cash is wasted.
In the last few days I've seen ACA employees at two local lakes dealing with access problems or lake overflow cleaning. I'm nearly positive that the labor & travel costs were not charged out to these lakes.
But in keeping with simplistic accounting <> 80 cents of each dollar keeps the labour feed and housed. There I've had my Sun News moment.

Regards,

Don
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Folks,

Much of the wages and expenses of the ACA is used to work on fisheries/hunting/habitat issues/problems/projects.
The ACA does not "charge out" to each activity what there employees do but lump all the labour costs together.
In the last few days I've seen ACA employees at two local lakes dealing with access problems or lake overflow cleaning. I'm nearly positive that the labor & travel costs were not charged out to these lakes.
But in keeping with simplistic accounting <> 80 cents of each dollar keeps the labour feed and housed. There I've had my Sun News moment.

Regards,

Don
Thanks again Don.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Default !!!

fees should be doubled.
it's super cheap here and there's no funds for fish cops, etc.
the province's fisheries need lots of help.
alberta is amongst the richest provinces if not the richest.
basic logic.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Sorry. I should have been less harsh. I'm not suggesting that the work of ACA employees is a waste. If I gave that impression I apologize. It's probably work SRD staff should be doing. But the great majority of the money is not going to purchasing land, stocking fish, fencing and recovering riparian areas, stocking game birds, replacing fencing for antelope movement, etc. Basically making physical changes. That's what I was talking about. Research and consultation and advocacy and public awareness are all important things. I'd just like to see more money going to actually changing/growing/recovering/building things that enhance our envirnment. That's all.