Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Exclamation Need Help - Choosing ground leveler for Trailer

Hello!

I just bought a Bumper-Pull trailer (16ft) and am going to be using it for business which entails Tire Swapping & Balancing. I will be incorporating a Tire Balancing Machine as well as a Tire Changing Machine into the trailer and have it hitched to my truck. This sort of business means that I will be going from customer to customer (few a day) and will need to ensure my trailer is stabilizing as well as leveled as close to perfect each time as possible. This is because the Balancing Machine requires as level-ground as possible. Basically, my trailer will not be stationary for longer than a few hours at a time and then would need to pick-up and go onto the next customer's location to then repeat the process.

I am looking for a solution to the problem of potentially having uneven ground at customers' sites as well as a type of leveling/stabilizing system that works efficiently for my application.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction in respect to where I can find such a heavy-duty (and frequently usable) automated ground-leveler for my sort of application?

Thanks very much in advance!

Dave
Old 09-24-2018, 05:13 PM

Default levelling

you mite try the R V dealers that sell the big coaches alot of those have automated leveling systems on board
Old 09-24-2018, 05:16 PM

Almost all RV places will sell you a set of 4-12V jacks that you can permanently install on all four corners of your unit. They are not cheap.

https://arrkannrvparts.com/products/3500-lb-power-jack

or

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...ck/A-p8689960e

A cheaper alternative is to weld on 4 automotive scissor jacks, one on each corner, and weld on a nut on each jack end to be able to use a cordless drill to raise and lower the jack rather than the jack extension handle supplied. Princess Auto also has these.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...ks/A-p8516684e

These already have the nut end on them.

Vic
Old 09-24-2018, 05:52 PM

You sure the bouncing of trailer while driving won’t throw that balancer out of calibration?
Old 09-24-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave653 View Post
Hello!

I just bought a Bumper-Pull trailer (16ft) and am going to be using it for business which entails Tire Swapping & Balancing. I will be incorporating a Tire Balancing Machine as well as a Tire Changing Machine into the trailer and have it hitched to my truck. This sort of business means that I will be going from customer to customer (few a day) and will need to ensure my trailer is stabilizing as well as leveled as close to perfect each time as possible. This is because the Balancing Machine requires as level-ground as possible. Basically, my trailer will not be stationary for longer than a few hours at a time and then would need to pick-up and go onto the next customer's location to then repeat the process.

I am looking for a solution to the problem of potentially having uneven ground at customers' sites as well as a type of leveling/stabilizing system that works efficiently for my application.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction in respect to where I can find such a heavy-duty (and frequently usable) automated ground-leveler for my sort of application?

Thanks very much in advance!

Dave
My 42' 5th wheel uses the Lippert 6 point auto leveling system, but I doubt you want to spend the 5k for your application. They also have a 4 point system that would be cheaper, there are also other manufactures that build self levelers.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:03 PM

Keep in mind these RV jacks mentioned are not designed to lift and level your trailer but to stabilize it. Your least cost would be to use leveling blocks under the wheels then stabilize them.
12 volt electric on corners is expensive to do but can be done.
Unless you have unlimited budget bring 4 of either up from the U.S. will get you best bang for buck even with exchange & shipping. We get hosed up here on these items as I have gone this route myself. Do some homework and there are deals to be found on top of that and some will help with shipping if you bring it up. Buyer beware.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Keep in mind these RV jacks mentioned are not designed to lift and level your trailer but to stabilize it. Your least cost would be to use leveling blocks under the wheels then stabilize them.
12 volt electric on corners is expensive to do but can be done.
Unless you have unlimited budget bring 4 of either up from the U.S. will get you best bang for buck even with exchange & shipping. We get hosed up here on these items as I have gone this route myself. Do some homework and there are deals to be found on top of that and some will help with shipping if you bring it up. Buyer beware.
That's the whole point of it, to level, of course it also adds stability. It is a hydraulic system that will lift the tires off the ground to level the trailer if it has to. But it would be overkill for his application.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Banned

I like my red neck style levellers. Two bubbles and a stack of 2x8 lumber cut at three feet. I put my bubble that shows side to side where I can see it from the rear view mirror in my truck. The front to back level is beside my landing gear switch. The two bubbles are leveled to my fridge not the trailer 😁