Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-16-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
See posts 19 and 20
Other then the OP specifically stated Sako Hammerhead, a bonded bullet , of Sakos own design. likley made for them by Norma.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:42 AM

A lot of guessing in this topic. The 100% fact is that Sako Hammerhead and Sako Superhammerhead are made by Sako themself. Deerhead might be some variable of Norma Oryx. Those others like powerhead, arrowhead etc. you can read the manufacturer of those bullets on the Sako website here: http://www.sako.fi/sites/default/fil...ables_2017.pdf
Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOLIC View Post
A lot of guessing in this topic. The 100% fact is that Sako Hammerhead and Sako Superhammerhead are made by Sako themself. Deerhead might be some variable of Norma Oryx. Those others like powerhead, arrowhead etc. you can read the manufacturer of those bullets on the Sako website here: http://www.sako.fi/sites/default/fil...ables_2017.pdf
100% fact??
And where does one confirm this info?
The marketing fluff says the ammo was developed in house after extensive testing and field trials....it doesn't say they actually manufacture their own bullets.
I have serious doubts that Sako or almost any other rifle maker goes to the expense and trouble setting up costly bullet mfr tooling to produce a line of run of the mill generic bullets that could be procured from any of a dozen sources for a fraction of the cost.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
100% fact??
And where does one confirm this info?
The marketing fluff says the ammo was developed in house after extensive testing and field trials....it doesn't say they actually manufacture their own bullets.
I have serious doubts that Sako or almost any other rifle maker goes to the expense and trouble setting up costly bullet mfr tooling to produce a line of run of the mill generic bullets that could be procured from any of a dozen sources for a fraction of the cost.
Look at the chart provided in the link, then look at the information about whose bullets they are using contained on the bottom of the page that surrounds the chart. Sako does make some of its bullets and has for decades, selling mostly in Europe but have been exporting more and more over the years to the N.A. markets. They have also expanded their line over the years using bullets from various manufacturers as they show in the link.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Look at the chart provided in the link, then look at the information about whose bullets they are using contained on the bottom of the page that surrounds the chart. Sako does make some of its bullets and has for decades, selling mostly in Europe but have been exporting more and more over the years to the N.A. markets. They have also expanded their line over the years using bullets from various manufacturers as they show in the link.
Ummmm...yea ok....I actually posted this exact info and chart on page 1 in this thread a month ago in regards to the rebranded Sierra,Nosler,Barnes and Swift bullets.
I'm saying where does one find info that Sako makes their own bullets as well?
Also saying it would be highly unusual for a rifle maker to go to the expense and setup to produce their own bullets unless,like you said,they've already been doing it for many decades....I'm not saying they don't.

Last edited by West O'5; 03-22-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Ummmm...yea ok....I actually posted this exact info and chart on page 1 in this thread a month ago in regards to the rebranded Sierra,Nosler,Barnes and Swift bullets.
I'm saying where does one find info that Sako makes their own bullets as well?
Also saying it would be highly unusual for a rifle maker to go to the expense and setup to produce their own bullets unless,like you said,they've already been doing it for many decades....I'm not saying they don't.
This video at about the 2:30 or so mark towards the end of the video shows them making their own brass, shows bullet jackets before the cores are installed, they still make their own bullets just like they have since 1929.
For some reason you doubt they make their own components. That's odd being that they have been one of Europe's major ammo producers for the consumer and military markets for 75 + years . It is just recently that they have started using other suppliers product to expand their ammunition line tailoring it to target and expand into the growing American demand for ammo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLwagP65WU
There is another youtube video about how they make their bullets, brass etc but can't be bothered to search for it.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Ummmm...yea ok....I'm not saying they don't.
But you want to..... LOL
Old 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
But you want to..... LOL
I could care less if they manufacture their own ammo from scratch really.
If they do...apparantly so...good for them.
Unlike some know it alls in this thread,I can admit when I'm wrong.
All I ever said from the beginning was that they were sourcing bullets from Nosler,Swift,Barnes,and SIERRA for their house brand of ammo.....which is in FACT correct.If they also make their own bullets and components...great...more power to'em.
Could care less either way,I'm not gonna buy overpriced house brand factory ammo nor any factory ammo for that matter other then .22LR and 12ga target loads.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Good info here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk