Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-15-2016, 12:03 PM

Default Deer Anatomy

Very good video showing where to shoot / where to avoid and why..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoGPKDJZDjc
Old 10-15-2016, 01:18 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting....I got into a discussion about the "void" the other day, and explained it didn't exist. Well....this shows what I was talking about perfectly.

LC
Old 10-15-2016, 04:55 PM

Here is another video showing on an actual deer carcass the where and why of the perfect kill shot. This is amazing information especially for those that are new to hunting or have had issues or questions as to what is the best place to hit a deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6cLLHsMnL4
Old 10-15-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Here is another video showing on an actual deer carcass the where and why of the perfect kill shot. This is amazing information especially for those that are new to hunting or have had issues or questions as to what is the best place to hit a deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6cLLHsMnL4

Watched these this afternoon. Thank you!

Of course it's no help when I'm trying to keep my mind off my pleural effusion...
Old 10-15-2016, 08:51 PM

Thanks for posting, some super info there.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:34 AM

Looked through a few videos and question over inflation of the lungs.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:55 AM

Awesome videos and fantastic explanations. Good find!
Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Awesome, thanks for posting....I got into a discussion about the "void" the other day, and explained it didn't exist. Well....this shows what I was talking about perfectly.

LC
It was brought up and it begs another question. I wonder if the inflation of the lungs using a compressor over inflates? Depending on if the deer was inhaling or exhaling I bet there is a very small void created? On a bigger animal it would make sense it's bigger? I just don't know that if in a vacuum cavity creating a void there is even possible? Because that void would have to fill with something, air/blood/nothing? And when that void was filled whee does whatever fills it go?

LC
Old 10-16-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
It was brought up and it begs another question. I wonder if the inflation of the lungs using a compressor over inflates? Depending on if the deer was inhaling or exhaling I bet there is a very small void created? On a bigger animal it would make sense it's bigger? I just don't know that if in a vacuum cavity creating a void there is even possible? Because that void would have to fill with something, air/blood/nothing? And when that void was filled whee does whatever fills it go?

LC

I would say on a bigger animal the lungs would be bigger as well so it would be a moot point. Even if he is slightly over inflating (I don't think so) the void is so small it is not an issue. Also he says in the video that if there was a void there would be positive air pressure within the diaphragm which would be detrimental to the lungs working properly. That how I interpreted it anyway.
Keep in Mind, I am looking at this from the perspective of a rifle hunter as I don't bow hunt.To me this video really puts to rest the argument for a head shot that is so risky. I used to think the head or neck shot was the perfect option ,but after these videos I have to back away from that idea all together.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:25 AM

bump this to allow more people to find this info
Old 10-17-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I would say on a bigger animal the lungs would be bigger as well so it would be a moot point. Even if he is slightly over inflating (I don't think so) the void is so small it is not an issue. Also he says in the video that if there was a void there would be positive air pressure within the diaphragm which would be detrimental to the lungs working properly. That how I interpreted it anyway.
Keep in Mind, I am looking at this from the perspective of a rifle hunter as I don't bow hunt.To me this video really puts to rest the argument for a head shot that is so risky. I used to think the head or neck shot was the perfect option ,but after these videos I have to back away from that idea all together.
I agree...the head and neck is such a small target, couple that with the extra muscle mass of the rut and it gets more difficult.

LC
Old 10-17-2016, 11:59 AM

Good info but I find he is hard to listen to just me i guess