Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Birds

It seems really slow for the migratory birds this year in my area.Edmonton south to Wetaskawin.Usally this time of year i see flocks of ducks and geese this year seems slow and only seeing some local birds and of course the ones on the golf coarse.
Some of the oldtimers say they are gone south which i find hard to believe.Any one north seeing birds in their area?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 PM

I was checking McGregor Lake to day and I did not see the bird numbers that I expected to. There were some decent populations in the potholes around Frank lake but nothing compared to the last couple of years.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Not all that informed in the duck and goose hunting, went out for the first time yesterday with some hunting buddies and we got our limit in 2 hours just south of the city limits (Calgary) I do not know if this is good our not, i sure thought so. Seen 1000 of ducks but not 1 goose.
g
Old 09-28-2007, 08:57 PM

down here by lethbridge we seem to have quite a bit of ducks and you notice more and more geese everyday. I wasnt hunting birds the last few years so I dont know if this is more or less than normal. For ducks it seems like its more.