Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2015, 10:54 PM

Default The real reason russia is in syria

I was just reading all the stuff about Putin and for some time I could not figure out why he was in Syria,everyone knows he is in tight with bashar al assad,but still he doesn't have that much to gain besides stopping terrorists.

There is not a country in the world that is not affected by oil prices and Russia is taking it on the chin real hard plus all sanctions applied by the usa and others so ,Putins big problem is that Russia is going broke while the Saudi's continue to keep oil prices down,i may be wrong but I don't think the rest of opec wants to ride this out for to much longer.

What I am getting at and I don't understand all the rules on how oil is controlled along with who dictates the price.but Putin is not to far away from Saudi Arabia now and something just tells me that Russia may just set there own prices for world markets and what are the Saudi's really going to do about it,specially if he is set up and setting up as it seems big time military wise,could he be making a big play to save his country.

I may be totally wrong but I thought it might be good topic,since it affects all countries that are under the gun from Saudi Arabia ,they just don't want break Russia's back but also every small corp that is in oil producing,and alberta being a big player in the oil business it is important to know what is ahead.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Banned

It may have something to do with energy, but I don’t believe this.

Fire.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:16 PM

I don't think Putin plans to rule the middle east but if he pushes ISIS into Sudi Arabia your going to see oil prices climbing steadily again. I was once told "Amaricans play poker, Russians play chess." he wouldn't be there if he didn't have something to gain from it.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:33 PM

I don't think he wants to rule the middle east,but Russia can produce and refined a big chunk of there oil themselves and sell it at there price,to who they supply to.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:49 PM

Unless you are a billionaire, you are pretty much just along for this ride with the price of oil.
Ain't nothing a bunch of mickey mouse politicians from Alberta are going to do about it either.

Get out, go fishing, and let the rich boys fight it out amongst each other.

Funny, that applies to almost every story you hear on the news.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:49 PM

Or simply. It's the last and only army base in the area. If he lose it he
He is out of the game
Old 12-13-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444MARLIN View Post
Or simply. It's the last and only army base in the area. If he lose it he
He is out of the game
could very well be it.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:13 AM

I don't think the Saudis would call alberta and our discounted WCS oil a "big player"
Old 12-13-2015, 02:51 AM

I don't think oil is the direct cause of Russia's involvement. It's more to do with keeping Chechens/other islamic extremists out of the game and the supply lines to/from Russia open and stable. Yes this includes oil and gas, but also pretty much everything else, including a lot of very lucrative military equipment. He does not want any instability because while he can maintain control, I'm not sure he could regain it if lost.

Obummer has two enemies: Canada and Isis. The lamest duck wants to be know as the great eco-president. Magically the Saudis decide to break production records. Hmmmmm....Isis profits way down, oil sands inactive, American economy humming along on bloody but cheap oil.

Last edited by 3blade; 12-13-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Banned

Default From my previous post ( all about energy )

To understand what is really behind the curtain regarding the Middle East, ISIS, Turkey, and the USA’s strategic attempt to reduce Russia’s control over energy to Europe, we must start back in 2009 when Qatar proposed a pipeline plan to Assad to send its natural gas to Europe via Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Jordan. Assad refused it and this has been the entire pretend reason why the Obama Administration wanted to invade Syria. The reason for the refusal was to protect the interests of Assad’s long-time ally, Russia, which is Europe’s biggest natural gas supplier based upon all the data.

It was just one year after Qatar’s proposal that Assad began negotiations for another pipeline plan with Iran, which would carry Iranian gas to Europe across Iraq and Syria. Russia endorsed this project since it would clearly have more control over gas flow rather than the U.S. linked Qatar. This agreement would strategically place control of the gas flow to Europe in Russia’s hands. Consequently, the Iranian pipeline became a priority for Russia. Since Damascus and Moscow began working together to block the Qatar pipeline and create the alternative Iranian pipeline, which created the seeds for World War III.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:32 AM

It also has to do with the Warsaw Pact. When the USSR came down negotiations were made with nato that they would not move any further east then Germany. But when the European Union was formed and countries began joining for the economic benefit, the next step was joining NATO. Ukraine is the last country along Russia's border that wasn't part of the European Union. When the revolution started Russia knew what the eventual outcome would be. NATO had already gone against their word by moving past Germany and showed Russia that they couldn't be trusted. And Ukraine also is where Russia's major pipeline for natural gas runs through into Europe. If NATO (Obama is the leader) added Ukraine they would have military control all along Russia's border and the ability to cut off the pipeline. And then at the same time try and make a deal with Qatar for a pipeline to Europe. The USA wants the new world order. Total control, they have shut out Canadian oil and are bringing it from the Middle East allies. They created ISIS as a rogue military force to try and get Assad out and take over Iraq to make the pipeline easier to establish. Dont believe me that the USA created and supports Isis? Have you ever seen a terrorist organization with the equipment they have? Brand new humvee's (2400) all brand new SUV's and artillery? The taliban drive around in crap box Toyota pickups! The USA said they lost a shipment of weapons in the Iraqi desert meant for the Iraqi army. Why would they drop weapons in the middle of the dessert when they have an airbase in Baghdad?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
I don't think the Saudis would call alberta and our discounted WCS oil a "big player"
The Saudis and their neighbors still have enough oil to decide the rules of the game, price is what they decide is in their best interest. Putin wants to replace the role of the US as World policeman and Obama has kindly let him.

Grizz
Old 12-13-2015, 08:35 AM

Well they'd better hurry up, because according to the Paris summit, all fossil fuels will be phased out by the middle of the century. And that's only 35 years away.
.... tongue firmly in cheek ....
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The Saudis and their neighbors still have enough oil to decide the rules of the game, price is what they decide is in their best interest. Putin wants to replace the role of the US as World policeman and Obama has kindly let him.

Grizz
Your so very right and one guy said Canada is small player in the oil ,but on the oil producing list we are number 5,us,saudl,russa,china,canada,were not that small at around 4.5 million barrels and if things went right easy number 4,i know that that region of Saudi has a lot of oil but it seems the Saudi's want to control it and they are,but I think the tide is shifting ,years ago there were not as many oil producing countries.Somone may tell them to take a hike specially when Russia has been suppling Polland and the Saudi's are trying sneak in the back door,Putin didn't like this move one bit.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned

Default For Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
It also has to do with the Warsaw Pact. When the USSR came down negotiations were made with nato that they would not move any further east then Germany. But when the European Union was formed and countries began joining for the economic benefit, the next step was joining NATO. Ukraine is the last country along Russia's border that wasn't part of the European Union. When the revolution started Russia knew what the eventual outcome would be. NATO had already gone against their word by moving past Germany and showed Russia that they couldn't be trusted. And Ukraine also is where Russia's major pipeline for natural gas runs through into Europe. If NATO (Obama is the leader) added Ukraine they would have military control all along Russia's border and the ability to cut off the pipeline. And then at the same time try and make a deal with Qatar for a pipeline to Europe. The USA wants the new world order. Total control, they have shut out Canadian oil and are bringing it from the Middle East allies. They created ISIS as a rogue military force to try and get Assad out and take over Iraq to make the pipeline easier to establish. Dont believe me that the USA created and supports Isis? Have you ever seen a terrorist organization with the equipment they have? Brand new humvee's (2400) all brand new SUV's and artillery? The taliban drive around in crap box Toyota pickups! The USA said they lost a shipment of weapons in the Iraqi desert meant for the Iraqi army. Why would they drop weapons in the middle of the dessert when they have an airbase in Baghdad?
Like I have always mentioned. There were four Syrian / Iraqi military bases taken over by ISIS. With US air power they should have blown those bases to smitherins within four to eight hours to prevent US technology from falling into the hands of ISIS. Clearly the US and the Obama administration with its secret behind the scene mentor WANTS this conflict. As long as there is conflict in the area someone is safe. Guess who?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post
To understand what is really behind the curtain regarding the Middle East, ISIS, Turkey, and the USA’s strategic attempt to reduce Russia’s control over energy to Europe, we must start back in 2009 when Qatar proposed a pipeline plan to Assad to send its natural gas to Europe via Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Jordan. Assad refused it and this has been the entire pretend reason why the Obama Administration wanted to invade Syria. The reason for the refusal was to protect the interests of Assad’s long-time ally, Russia, which is Europe’s biggest natural gas supplier based upon all the data.

It was just one year after Qatar’s proposal that Assad began negotiations for another pipeline plan with Iran, which would carry Iranian gas to Europe across Iraq and Syria. Russia endorsed this project since it would clearly have more control over gas flow rather than the U.S. linked Qatar. This agreement would strategically place control of the gas flow to Europe in Russia’s hands. Consequently, the Iranian pipeline became a priority for Russia. Since Damascus and Moscow began working together to block the Qatar pipeline and create the alternative Iranian pipeline, which created the seeds for World War III.
Nailed it. Very well explained too.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD 848 View Post
I was just reading all the stuff about Putin and for some time I could not figure out why he was in Syria,everyone knows he is in tight with bashar al assad,but still he doesn't have that much to gain besides stopping terrorists.

There is not a country in the world that is not affected by oil prices and Russia is taking it on the chin real hard plus all sanctions applied by the usa and others so ,Putins big problem is that Russia is going broke while the Saudi's continue to keep oil prices down,i may be wrong but I don't think the rest of opec wants to ride this out for to much longer.

What I am getting at and I don't understand all the rules on how oil is controlled along with who dictates the price.but Putin is not to far away from Saudi Arabia now and something just tells me that Russia may just set there own prices for world markets and what are the Saudi's really going to do about it,specially if he is set up and setting up as it seems big time military wise,could he be making a big play to save his country.

I may be totally wrong but I thought it might be good topic,since it affects all countries that are under the gun from Saudi Arabia ,they just don't want break Russia's back but also every small corp that is in oil producing,and alberta being a big player in the oil business it is important to know what is ahead.
Russia can set any price it wants. Problem is there is a surplus of oil and no country will buy any if the price exceed the commodity trading price.

Saudi and Russia hate each other because Russia backs the other Muslim subset. Iran and Syria on one side...Saudi on the other.

All other OPEC nations want to raise prices. Saudi owns the vast majority so unless they want it also it Can't and Won't happen.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:

I like your theory. Syria said outright they were saying no to help keep Russia's monopoly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabucco_pipeline

This would also break the monopoly.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:54 AM

I do believe Russia has a very large naval/military base in Syria, but im sure there is political and economical reasons as to why Russia is there also.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:46 PM

In the past week while week as rampant consumerism dumbs us down as we eat, drink and get fat, 6 significant things have occurred on the world geopolitical stage:

1). India’s PM visits Moscow and inks a 7 billion dollar deal for Russian SS 400 missile systems and warships.

2). Pakistan Joins Russia and condemns any attempts to topple Assad in Syria. This policy runs counter to that of Saudi Arabia and Turkey, close allies of Pakistan.

4). Russia and the Kurds consider a potential alliance. This would have fatal consequences for Turkey.

5). Russian warplanes have conducted 302 sorties and hit 1,093 terrorist targets in Syria over the past six days. The Russian targets have been primarily ISIS oil transport convoys transporting stolen Syrian oil on its way to Turkey and Israel.

6). On Friday, Russian airstrikes in Damascus kill Zahran Alloush, head of the powerful jihadist group Jaysh al-Islam.

Meanwhile firearms have been the most popular Christmas present in the USA. Many people fear impending civil war and/or impending confiscation.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
In the past week while week as rampant consumerism dumbs us down as we eat, drink and get fat, 6 significant things have occurred on the world geopolitical stage:

1). India’s PM visits Moscow and inks a 7 billion dollar deal for Russian SS 400 missile systems and warships.

2). Pakistan Joins Russia and condemns any attempts to topple Assad in Syria. This policy runs counter to that of Saudi Arabia and Turkey, close allies of Pakistan.

4). Russia and the Kurds consider a potential alliance. This would have fatal consequences for Turkey.

5). Russian warplanes have conducted 302 sorties and hit 1,093 terrorist targets in Syria over the past six days. The Russian targets have been primarily ISIS oil transport convoys transporting stolen Syrian oil on its way to Turkey and Israel.

6). On Friday, Russian airstrikes in Damascus kill Zahran Alloush, head of the powerful jihadist group Jaysh al-Islam.

Meanwhile firearms have been the most popular Christmas present in the USA. Many people fear impending civil war and/or impending confiscation.

Don't forget about this

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...-in-syria.html
Old 12-26-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
Don't forget this either:

http://sputniknews.com/us/20151225/1...orruption.html
Old 12-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Also don't forget the Global whining summit in Paris that inked a deal to end the most serious threat to world peace, prosperity and pimples in adolescents.

Now think back to all the demonstrations worldwide re: " Je suis Charlie", and the celebrations in the streets of the U.S. over Ferguson, Gay marriage, and all the hype over the wrong winner in the miss universe pageant.

I have to wonder if the issues that were solved by 40,000 people at the Paris summit was such a big deal why crickets now?

Canada with one tenth the U.S. population sent 4 times as many people to the summit. and since then???????? Zip!

I have to chuckle at the posters who think they have a clue or impact on any of this stuff, myself included.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-26-2015, 02:51 PM

Im pretty sure that as much as we think we know, we don't know anything about what the leaders of those countries are actually up to. Media tells you what they want you to believe.

It would be nice if the population, instead of going against one another because of their beliefs etc, were to come together and figure out what exactly the governments are planning and use it to our own benefits. But it will never happen as they have everyone by the balls.

It's all about money my friends. Money and power. All the religion stuff and other news is to hide what's really goin on.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:09 PM

Bingo ^^^^^
Old 12-26-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:

Bingo
Old 12-26-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz

Bingo... I also think that Putin knows that if he controls a large enough chunk of the oil nobody can trade sanction him.

Now, the part of all this where people will call me crazy but... the media tells us the whole ISIS thing is about religion. To the ISIS militant on the ground this probably is about religion. But think about the logistics, the campaign that they are launching is a crazy expensive proposition and somewhere waayyyy at the top are some very rich people who are helping fund and direct the thing. Now I highly doubt that to those people this is about religion at all... they will, or plan in the future to profit off the chaos it creates. Now who, right now, is the only party that appears to be making any moves into the east?

The way I call it... Putin takes a bigger chunk of the worlds oil production, trade sanctioning Russia becomes impossible, and the world stands by and applauds the whole thing as it happens. Never mind that ISIS arose at an opportune time to pull the UN scrutiny off Putin while he invaded the Ukraine... pure genius really. Just wonder what comes next, after ISIS, I think that is the truly frightening question.

Last edited by Bushleague; 12-26-2015 at 11:36 PM.