Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-15-2015, 04:43 PM

Default Happy norc owner

was out at the range today. had my norinco m14 and norc spam ammo. a bit of a chilly head wind but nothing too serious. banged the gongs pretty much every shot out to 300m. measured my 100m 5-shot grouping at 1.69", seated with a bipod. sub 2 moa with that rifle, in that positon, and maybe the worst ammo out there.
I should mention that I did upgrade the op rod spring guide and nestled it in an archangel stock, but the horrible norinco quality seems to have left the building. Happy, happy, happy
Old 04-15-2015, 07:36 PM

I used to have one as well and I was very surprised with its accuracy. I had an m14.ca scope mount and it shot very well. I sold it because it was my deer rifle at the time and it was just too heavy, plus I wanted a bolt action for hunting. My longest shot on an animal to date was with that gun at 315 yards, put it right in his lungs perfectly and he dropped on the spot with cheapo federal fusions.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:52 AM

I love my Norc M305. CASM mount from m14.ca works great. it'll shoot an inch at 100 yards with fed blue box 150's if you can. the yanks would kill to buy norincos for what we pay for them...really glad that we have access to them!