Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Anybody have an experience with a Massey ?? Not sure about their financing however. Liked the idea of 0% for 84 months.

Seems I can get a comparable tractor WITH a FEL for about the same price as just the orange tractor.
Im happy with mine, I use it for snow plowing with a rear blade and grading with a box grader.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:16 PM

Stick with the big names. Parts and service is what kill you.
Deere
Agco Massey
Kubota
CNH
Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 PM

I have a newer jd 3203 (32hp). Hydro static transmission. It's a great little acreage tractor but I wouldn't want to do much loader work with it or real tractor work for that matter. It does run the snowblower ok though. I just have to drive slow. Snowblower is a Schulte 7400 6' wide pto rear mount. My brother and I also used it to drill 100 holes for our barns this summer. 2' diameter 3' deep in sand. It would drill down no problem but just didn't have the power to lift the auger out loaded with sand so we had to shovel sand off the top of the auger but hey, it saved us a bobcat rental.
We are also going to be in the market for a larger tractor in the near future and I wouldn't buy new when I see what you can get for the same price or less going used. A 60hp 4wd open cab new cost more than a used 100hp enclosed cab with less than 5000hrs. In reality I'll put more hours on plowing snow than field work so I'd be lucky to put on 200 hrs a year so getting a machine with a little higher hours doesn't bother me. Check Kijiji for used there are a few good deals on a couple different brands.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
My wants are around 40 to 50hp (so around 30 to 40 pto HP with HST trans).

Cab.

4wd.

HST transmission.

Front end loader.

Mid pto (for front mount snowblower).

Implement wants are box blade for rear, 72" finishing mower, 72" front mount snowblower, 3 point aeratior and tiller.
martin equipment in west edmonton has a used massey 1742 that matches what you want for 42000, my friend traded it in with something like 15 hours on it for a 5085 john deere , its a pretty sweet tractor with a cab and all the toys. i run a jd4105 , its as plain as they get but it works awesome , suprises me constantly on what i get it to do .
Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbuss View Post
Have you looked at the mahindra's them seem pretty good all around and maid in the states. Here is their pamphlet on the 75hp tractor.https://build.mahindracanada.ca/site...20081117_0.pdf
ive been running a grain grinder mixer with my 42hp deere , people said there was no way but it doesn't even slow down.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:29 AM

My 1947 Ford 9N tractor still running great. Bought it for $2500, 25 years ago, does all the ranch work and even pulls my 6 foot finishing mower which needs about 30HP. You cannot beat a 75 year old tractor for acreage work.