Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-17-2017, 10:17 AM

Default idiot

Should maybe clean his gun after use so the firing pin doesn't freeze causing the full auto problem.Stupid is as stupid does.Kinda like turning in your car because it doesn't when empty.Harold
Old 10-17-2017, 09:03 PM

I heard from a cop friend that the SKS will be classified prohibited. Additionally all 22lr semis. Things should be coming out soon
Old 10-17-2017, 09:08 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
Picking up two more today "justin" case.
Now that's funny ! Hahahahaha
Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
I heard from a cop friend that the SKS will be classified prohibited. Additionally all 22lr semis. Things should be coming out soon
22lr? That would actually surprise me.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
22lr? That would actually surprise me.
Sorry, not really sure of it is the lr variant i typed it out of habit cause thats what i shoot. I guess he said semi auto rim fire
Old 10-18-2017, 07:01 AM

Until something official comes out this all speculation.

Here's mine, 858 and Swiss will become prohibited. Unfortunately some were made on full auto receiver. Magazine limits will probably get more definition, Lar and Beowulf will be an issue.

Massive reclassification of semiautomatic firearms will be extremely tough. SkS is many new shooters first rifle purchase and they have been imported and sold in large numbers. They might try to but when it isnt really an issue then why create one?

The Liberal government really has not delivered on promises made except for more debt. More people are dying of drug overdoses than guns, which is more important? They won't pass Wynn law which would probably do more for violent crime than any new gun control would.

If they really want to they could do massive screw over to us with firearms laws but they need to focus on issues at hand. If they get a 2nd term it could be trouble,
Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 AM

They are wrecking the economy and breaking so many promises, they have to come good on two. One is legalising dope the other is banning guns. Trudope also claims to want to shut down our oil-sands but said it can't be done over-night. I sincerely hope that any gun owners that voted for this commie cabal do the right thing and gargle with toilet water to try and get that taste out of their yaps.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
If they get a 2nd term it could be trouble,
This.

But there is not a lot of hope.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:08 AM

With an increasing number of Ranges banning steel core ammo, maybe the demand is less?
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM

Default Sks

Canadian tire stop sales of the SKS may have more to do with image than anything else.
The new Manager of Firearms Safety & Compliance Store Sales, has just completed touring stores, and does not think they should have any tactical / military style firearms in the stores. Yes he is retired OPP.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
Pure speculation.
I have clients on the Tac teams of both RCMP and EPS. They know mo more about what laws are coming than your or I do.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Pure speculation.
I have clients on the Tac teams of both RCMP and EPS. They know mo more about what laws are coming than your or I do.
that's like a shipper/receiver what the company direction is.

i'm going to guess the higher ups know more than the grunts you are talking to. the rcmp is constantly consulted as to legislation coming down the pipe.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
that's like a shipper/receiver what the company direction is.

i'm going to guess the higher ups know more than the grunts you are talking to. the rcmp is constantly consulted as to legislation coming down the pipe.
Exactly my point regarding srs123's post about his friend the cop??!!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Any companies out there selling by the crate?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
i imagine west rifle might be.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Try Milarm, Edmonton.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM

A little on this around 12 minutes

https://podcast.ccfr.ca/episodes/009-episode-9/
Old 10-18-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Exactly my point regarding srs123's post about his friend the cop??!!
Am not sure man, he says he has it on good authority. Information trickles down from higher ups to lower ranks all the time. Regardless of that, its not worth getting rid of these guns for me yet. Maybe they will be grandfathered.

There has been alot of talk after the incident in moncton on semi and thats where its coming from
Old 10-19-2017, 05:33 PM

Seems like hearsay but I’m still glad I just picked up an SKS myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 05:57 PM

For those curious, I actually did email the people listed and here is the response I recieved:

"Dear ...,

Thank you very much for contacting Canadian Tire regarding SKS branded firearms.

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with our decision to discontinue the sale of SKS firearms in our stores.

As part of our regular product review process, we often introduce or retire products from our categories, taking into consideration product mix and assortment. Last year alone, we introduced over 10,000 new items, including products in our hunting and fishing categories in support of Canada's rich outdoor traditions

We value your opinion and your comments have been shared with those most closely related for their review.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to respond."

A pretty standard response, beyond the "dissatisfaction" comment. (I don't believe my email stated my opinion one way or the other) Though it does lead me to believe that MJohn7's analysis is probably accurate. CT realizes that firearms can be huge for them, but they have to walk a fine line as many people from all walks of life shop there. The amount of money they make on an SKS sale isn't worth the grief they would receive from a lot of folks. It is a business first and foremost.

That being said, I do firmly believe that the Liberals are hurting following Kadhr, Trudeau's Vacation, Bombardier, the tax proposals, Morneau and his Villa, the list goes on. Even the legalization of weed is not going as well as hoped with Ontario botching that terribly. Going after guns will not alienate the Liberals fan base and will even sway some from the NDP.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:59 AM

The cheap yet fun SKS has attracted much attention in the last few years.
This is indeed detrimental to new gun owners and returning customers looking for fun/cheap/milsurp.

I first seen SKSs in a military arms encyclopedia as a kid. I was excited to actually be able own one when I got my PAL. Very cool, although its not something I would pay much more for. Price justified the expenditure. I own a refurb 1952 Tula,very average CTC $200 wonder.

I went to pick another one the day after I seen the CTC memo posted on the 13th. Too late in MH. The M305s are still showcased at this point. Ièm not going to jump on a Norinco at this point....at the local gun show, there was a few up for sale. I get that folks buy them for the sake of novelty/look and re-sell them quick...

If the RCMP and CTC are still using that RCMP memo about possible slamfire as a way to drive the last nail in the coffin of the SKS RIGHT NOW, its using whatever they can try to find to make it go away.
Time to be vigilant!

Last edited by Delavan; 10-21-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:38 PM

Default Crud

Unfortunately we've proven that as Canadian gun owners we are unable to mobilize a formal organization that will fight for Canadians. We need an organization that will challenge every single piece of legislation, every new law, and every frivolous charge levied. Say what you will about the NRA, but they are a highly organized body that fights for its members.
I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers that are gun owners who may be interested in playing a role, not gratis of course. We have done absolutely nothing, NOTHING, in response to the RCMP's handling of the CFC's rule changes as they see fit. Tying up .22 semi magazine prohibitions in the courts would have at least shown some backbone on our part. But we're Canadians, a peaceful people, who will take whatever you ram down our throats. The firearms business in this country is big business, maybe we need a $$ levy on every item sold to go to a firearms coalition? I'd be in for that.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Unfortunately we've proven that as Canadian gun owners we are unable to mobilize a formal organization that will fight for Canadians. We need an organization that will challenge every single piece of legislation, every new law, and every frivolous charge levied. Say what you will about the NRA, but they are a highly organized body that fights for its members.
I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers that are gun owners who may be interested in playing a role, not gratis of course. We have done absolutely nothing, NOTHING, in response to the RCMP's handling of the CFC's rule changes as they see fit. Tying up .22 semi magazine prohibitions in the courts would have at least shown some backbone on our part. But we're Canadians, a peaceful people, who will take whatever you ram down our throats. The firearms business in this country is big business, maybe we need a $$ levy on every item sold to go to a firearms coalition? I'd be in for that.
When the 25 rnd 22 mags became prohibited I donated a small sum towards fighting the decision. I know that a lot more people were donating as well. I have yet to see a single shred of effort put into doing something about that prohibition.

We have 2 viable groups that can advocate for firearms rights. It is clear there is some friction between the two. They need to get over their petty differences and join forces to accomplish something.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:31 AM
Banned

When ever something like this gets kicked up it creates nothing but hatred from law biding firearms owners. I hate to say the only people that have reversed a prohibited decision made on firearms is the Conservative party. The government has us by the nuts on this issue and it's never going to change. Vote conservative, keep your guns.

If obligated I would hand mine in but I have a law biding friend that would put his directly into the hands of criminals before handing them in to the rcmp. Makes me wonder how many others share this logic
Old 10-24-2017, 08:33 AM

The problem with any kind of gun group in Canada is the vast majority of gun owners are too cheap to join. Strength in numbers delta bravos.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:25 PM

Default Just Wait

Till we have to have UN #'s ground into all our firearms including collectable antiques.Harold