Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Banned

Talk to your insurance broker and let them and/or the insurance company fight with them. That's why they get the big bucks.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_of_6 View Post
Kal tire in westlock changed my tires and I lost a tire on the Ft Chip ice road.

Kaltire would not do a single thing to set it straight.

Insurance paid.

I did not give Kaltire anymore business...last i saw, they still have their doors open.

they dont care...

sorry, but get over it...

find a new dealer, or do whatever you need to, to make yourself happy.

GP Dodge will have their dealership even without your business.

Get over that too!

kal Tire in westlock is still in business....and yes, I got over it too!

This is the exact reason crappy companies continually get away with it. People just bend over and take it far to easily. If it was my vehicle I'd take them to the cleaners and if they don't go willingly the I'd get a lawyer involved. Why should it be up to me to cover their poor service practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 04:48 PM

IMO offering to pay your deductible is a admission of guilt, see if you can get it in paper then take it to small claims court!
Old 10-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Banned

In
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Going through your insurance? No freaking way. Why would you do that? It just cost you a claim on your record and likely an increase the subsequent year and for the rest of your life ...... !!!!! so you are going to pay for their poor practices?

This is clearly negligence on their part and they are 100% liable for this.

DO NOT CLAIM IT ON YOUR INSURANCE

THEY ARE LIABLE

Not yelling at you - just can't believe these crooks would even offer to pay your deductible knowing exactly what will happen to you. I feel for you bud. Make these guys pay !!!!!!!!! it should have ZERO impact on you. Going through insurance, in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE (your fault or No fault) hurts you. Jeep in mind it shows up as a "claim" and whenever there is a claim they pay for, they will jack your rates up to get that money outa you (or the rest of us).
DO NOT CLAIM ON YOUR OWN INSURANCE POLICY !

All licenced auto Dealers must have a GARAGE POLICY by LAW !
it covers ALL of thier vehicles, all actions and performed services of thier( the dealer's employees) No Matter what the F- UP is resulting in damage,,
A Garage Policy is mandatory for licenced dealers , if they( the dealer does not accept responsibility for the damaged studs, and subsequent damages,
See a good lawyer at ONCE !

They will not only be fixing all damages caused by poor workmanship,

But ALSO INCURE all legal costs and damages ,,,

They ( The Dealer ) will suffer what is known as the ( Pucker Effect ) when the Dealer Principal gets the judgement notice,,,
Old 10-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
In

DO NOT CLAIM ON YOUR OWN INSURANCE POLICY !

All licenced auto Dealers must have a GARAGE POLICY by LAW !
it covers ALL of thier vehicles, all actions and performed services of thier( the dealer's employees) No Matter what the F- UP is resulting in damage,,
A Garage Policy is mandatory for licenced dealers , if they( the dealer does not accept responsibility for the damaged studs, and subsequent damages,
See a good lawyer at ONCE !

They will not only be fixing all damages caused by poor workmanship,

But ALSO INCURE all legal costs and damages ,,,

They ( The Dealer ) will suffer what is known as the ( Pucker Effect ) when the Dealer Principal gets the judgement notice,,,
Good to know. The dealer principle is the guy that offered to pay my deductable. Service manąger replaced all wheel studs. I asked the general manager why I should be out of my pocket to fix their mistake. He said why should he pay for it out of his pocket. That's when the fight started.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Anyways woulda,coulda,shoulda and didn't.

Should grande prairie Chrysler foot the bill to fix my truck?

I beleive that they should because it was their doing that made the wheel fall off or dodge has a potential safety problem.
Licened deadlers are required by LAW to have a Garage Policy Insurance to cover ALL THE HORRORS OF INCOMPETENT WORKMANSHIP BY A LICENCED DEALER !

Ask the dealer for thier Insurer , just demand the company name and contact ####
Old 10-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good to know. The dealer principle is the guy that offered to pay my deductable. Service manąger replaced all wheel studs. I asked the general manager why I should be out of my pocket to fix their mistake. He said why should he pay for it out of his pocket. That's when the fight started.
Sorry, the dealer " Principal " is the legal/registered owner of the dealership, be it an individual or a corporate entity ,

I do not think the moron offering to make YOUR insurance company pay for HIS screw -up is the OWNER OF THE COMPANY ????
Old 10-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
Sorry, the dealer " Principal " is the legal/registered owner of the dealership, be it an individual or a corporate entity ,

I do not think the moron offering to make YOUR insurance company pay for HIS screw -up is the OWNER OF THE COMPANY ????
That's his title.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Banned

Well things are not looking anymore promising.

A unreturned call to Wes Kaban the dealer principle of GP Chrysler. Makes me more mad that he won't acknowledge this issue.

Made a call to Chrysler Canada. Service rep said it was a accident and it should be the responsibility of my insurance company. Bull shot imo.

Waiting to hear back from a lawyer. When I get some computer help I'll be filing a complaint with the above mentioned amvic. I originally wanted just my truck fixed but as this progresses i feel myself getting more and more frustrated. Is it possible to sue for the lost income as well?

Any recommendations for a lawyer?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Thumbs down My GP Chrysler Experience...

Well I am too lazy to read this whole thread, but I would like to share my experience with GP Chrysler.

I brought in my 2008 5.7L 1500 because the 4x4 wasn't working. When I brought it in they said it was for sure a solenoid, and they could fix it for around $1000 (about $500 parts, $500 labor). I was passing through town and wanted it done so I said give er'.

Fast forward a month later and I go to use my 4x4 and notice LOW isn't working. This time I brought it to Edson and explained the situation. After looking at my truck they called me into the shop and asked who replaced my transfer case... I told them I didn't know and I bought the truck used with 200,000 on it. They proceeded to inform me that my truck had the wrong transfer case, and was missing a sensor port, and therefore 4x4 would NEVER be able to work...

Not sure how the GP shop figured they fixed my truck, but they sure charged me for some bull**** repairs
Old 10-17-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Well things are not looking anymore promising.

A unreturned call to Wes Kaban the dealer principle of GP Chrysler. Makes me more mad that he won't acknowledge this issue.

Made a call to Chrysler Canada. Service rep said it was a accident and it should be the responsibility of my insurance company. Bull shot imo.

Waiting to hear back from a lawyer. When I get some computer help I'll be filing a complaint with the above mentioned amvic. I originally wanted just my truck fixed but as this progresses i feel myself getting more and more frustrated. Is it possible to sue for the lost income as well?

Any recommendations for a lawyer?
Why didn't you rent a vehicle so you wouldnt lose any income or did I miss something. The reason I buy insurance is to cover me in situations like this one. I know it sucks but it'll drive you crazy chasing these meffers. Giving a lawyer $ doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Why didn't you rent a vehicle so you wouldnt lose any income or did I miss something. The reason I buy insurance is to cover me in situations like this one. I know it sucks but it'll drive you crazy chasing these meffers. Giving a lawyer $ doesn't make much sense to me.
The wheel fell off way down the forestry trunk while on my way home from work. It was close to 8 pm. By the time i got back to Grande Prairie it was about 3 am. Because I wouldn't of been able to rent a truck and show back up for a 8 am start someone else had to go and take my spot.

As far as getting lawyer involved I think this is something that is warranted rather then get bent over like seems to be common for the average working stiff.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:04 PM

Just a thought - Do you feel any pain from the accident that happened? Like do you have some neck or lower back pain....? I'm sure the whole conversation with the dealer would take a different tone if there was a legal liability due to an accident they caused and they had your insurance company coming after them due to your medical issues.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
Just a thought - Do you feel any pain from the accident that happened? Like do you have some neck or lower back pain....? I'm sure the whole conversation with the dealer would take a different tone if there was a legal liability due to an accident they caused and they had your insurance company coming after them due to your medical issues.
I understand your thought process but I may be a lot of things but liar or faker isn't one of them.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:21 PM

Read their disclaimer does it not say that you have to re-torque the wheels after 50k and that they are not responsible for lost wheels and hub caps. All the tire shops have that written somewhere on the paper work down here in Edmonton. That is going to be their legal out if they do because you never retourque after 50 Klm and if you did you were the last one to touch it. Kinda catch 22 unless you go for small drive and then take back to them to re-torque
Old 10-17-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I understand your thought process but I may be a lot of things but liar or faker isn't one of them.
The first thing you’ll have to prove is that it was the dealer that caused the wheel to fall off. Do you have a way to show that between them touching the truck last and the tire falling off, nothing was struck/you didn’t remove the wheel and then replaced it/able to show that they over-torqued the wheel etc..?

You’re trying to show that the dealer was negligent, simply saying that they were the last ones to touch it and then after a while it fell off is probably not going to be accepted as proof by either insurance or a court
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
Read their disclaimer does it not say that you have to re-torque the wheels after 50k and that they are not responsible for lost wheels and hub caps. All the tire shops have that written somewhere on the paper work down here in Edmonton. That is going to be their legal out if they do because you never retourque after 50 Klm and if you did you were the last one to touch it. Kinda catch 22 unless you go for small drive and then take back to them to re-torque
Service manager said that no retorqing required.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
The first thing you’ll have to prove is that it was the dealer that caused the wheel to fall off. Do you have a way to show that between them touching the truck last and the tire falling off, nothing was struck/you didn’t remove the wheel and then replaced it/able to show that they over-torqued the wheel etc..?

You’re trying to show that the dealer was negligent, simply saying that they were the last ones to touch it and then after a while it fell off is probably not going to be accepted as proof by either insurance or a court
The dealership has already accepted fault by. Replacing rim and tire twice and replacing all 32 wheel studs at no charge to me. In my mind that is taking responsibility for their shops actions. The only thing left is to repair the damaged truck box.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:50 PM

Sorry to hear how this is all going for you NWA. GP Chrysler is notorious in this town for treating customers like dirt. As for the issue I posted on first page, where on Saturday somebody at my local tire store sort of kind of forgot to tighten the lug nuts at all on the front passenger side of my son's car....had it towed in on Sunday morning, and the manage (who is a great guy) was there, and he looked positively sick that it had happened. Couldn't apologize enough. To top it off for him, corporate brass were visiting on Monday morning apparently, so on top of filing a Serious Incident Report, he got to chat with Brass about it. Anyway...

The wheel is ruined, and discontinued, so he let my son pick the wheels (as in all 4) he wanted, and we picked it up today with the new Hak 9s mounted on a beauty set of wheels, with new lug nuts & studs, and properly tightened this time too!

My son is very pleased with his new wheels! I am torn between mentioning where this happened, because on the one hand it was a serious error and could have had horrible consequences. On the other hand, they really went out of their way to fix this, apologize, new wheels, no questions asked....They made the problem, and they fixed the problem and then some.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 PM
Banned

Twisted Canuck, mistakes happen and sounds like your tire shop went above and beyond what is right, this seems a rarity. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Twisted Canuck, mistakes happen and sounds like your tire shop went above and beyond what is right, this seems a rarity. Glad it worked out for you.
Exactly right. I've made a mistake or two in my time with my business, and fixing it right for the customer and taking full responsibility and expense on, makes all the difference. They are all still my customers.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-17-2017, 05:14 PM

I would be letting them know that the 5G they refuse to pay is going to cost them a new sale and future work, plus bad word of mouth. See what they come back with. If they want your business to continue, then they should fix the body damage at their cost and then drop the price of the new truck by a lot to keep you happy. If they don't, no loss, buy elsewhere and keep fighting them on the body damages.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Exactly right. I've made a mistake or two in my time with my business, and fixing it right for the customer and taking full responsibility and expense on, makes all the difference. They are all still my customers.
Gonna figure why the dealer principle hasn't responded is due to the wife going to Dawson creek for her new truck.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I would be letting them know that the 5G they refuse to pay is going to cost them a new sale and future work, plus bad word of mouth. See what they come back with. If they want your business to continue, then they should fix the body damage at their cost and then drop the price of the new truck by a lot to keep you happy. If they don't, no loss, buy elsewhere and keep fighting them on the body damages.
Already done. Went to inland in Dawson to buy replacement truck for the wife. Feel bad for my sales buddy but I do have to stand by my principles.

They've had almost a month to make me a return customer.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 PM

...and here he is, polishing and shining his new wheels and tires! nice looking wheels, but are those studs ever loud on dry pavement! Sounded like he was grinding road when he drove up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171017_174102.jpg (40.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171017_174124.jpg (44.6 KB, 55 views)

Old 10-17-2017, 06:04 PM

Your original question was right or wrong?

You were wrong. Twice.

You bought a Dodge and you bought it in GP.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Your original question was right or wrong?

You were wrong. Twice.

You bought a Dodge and you bought it in GP.
Well...that adds a lot to the discussion......
Old 10-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Talked to my lawyer today. Turns out my lawyer is already retained by Grande Prairie Chrysler. Seems I just can't win. Lol. Good thing they make lawyers every day.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Banned

Well the plot thickens. Lol. Filled out a review on dealerater.com and sent a complaint to AMVIC. Lo and behold I get a phone call from the dealer principle at Grande Prairie Chrysler wondering why I slammed them on dealerater and on this forum. Told him that after no response to my phone call and email I took the action that I seen fit. He stated that until I sent that negative review he was going to pay my deductible and give me $1500 to cover the increase in premiums. He said "was going to" twice. Lol. So in the conversation I told him about the wife's collision and write off of her pickup. I told him because this matter has not been resolved that I have decided to take my business to Inland Dodge in Dawson creek. After this was mentioned he had to get off the phone in a hurry and the discussion was ended.

I guess for all the negativity towards Grande Prairie Chrysler there was a shining light and that is Inland Dodge. Don, Eric and Adam at Inland were a pleasure to deal with and I am feeling confident that there is going to be more of my business going their way providing the service dept is as good as these guys are.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 PM

They are scumbags. He had no intention of giving you squat, he just wanted to beef because you called him out publicly. I'd still get a lawyer involved. Go nuclear, it's time.